The Wandering YA Book Club discussion

New Members > Introduce Yourselves

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Bowman (kristenbowmanreads) Tell us about yourself! What's your name? Favorite book, series, author? why did you join the club?

message 2: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Bowman (kristenbowmanreads) Hey I'm Kristen, I'm 23 years old and I love reading YA books- especially fantasy! Some of my favorite series are Harry Potter, Stalking Jack the Ripper, The Grishaverse books, A Court of Thorns and Roses series, An Ember in the Ashes, and Graceling (amongst many others!). My favorite authors are Sabaa Tahir, Sarah J Maas, Leigh Bardugo, and Kerri Maniscalco.

I hope you enjoy the group!

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (endless_chapters) | 3 comments Hi Kristen! I'm Jessica from @endless_chapters 😊 Thank you for creating this book club. Some of my favourite books are TFIOS, The Timekeeper and The Accident Season. So all of the authors of those books are technically my fave authors as well haha.

I join this group because I've always wanted to join a YA book club, to get to know more recent YA releases and discuss about YA books, hence here I am. 😄

message 4: by Bekah (new)

Bekah (tangledknitter) Hi! I'm Bekah (@the.tangled.knitter), 24, and I love Harry Potter, Divergent, and anything by John Green. Though I tend to read anything and everything!

I joined this group as I don't have a book group locally, and I'd love to get to know more YA titles to enjoy!

message 5: by Cara (new)

Cara | 4 comments Hi! I'm Cara. Thanks again for creating this club. Some of my favourites are A Series of Unfortunate Events (ASOUE), Everlife series, Lorien Legacies, Legend series, and ... never mind I'll go on forever. My favourite authors include Marie Lu, Lemony Snicket, and Margaret Peterson Haddix. I joined because I love reading!

message 6: by Hill (new)

Hill | 3 comments Hi everyone! My name is Hillary. I'm 26. I'm just getting back into reading for fun. I haven't read too many YA books. I've read the Harry Potter series, The Hunger Games series, the first book in the Raven cycle, the first book in the Matched series. I'm looking for books that will get me excited and people to discuss the books with during the summer! I liked that this group was small and new. I can't wait to connect with people who love YA. I'm hoping for book suggestions and great conversations with awesome people!!

message 7: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Bowman (kristenbowmanreads) Jessica wrote: "Hi Kristen! I'm Jessica from @endless_chapters 😊 Thank you for creating this book club. Some of my favourite books are TFIOS, The Timekeeper and The Accident Season. So all of the authors of those ..."

Hey Jessica! I'm so glad you joined!

message 8: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Bowman (kristenbowmanreads) Cara wrote: "Hi! I'm Cara. Thanks again for creating this club. Some of my favourites are A Series of Unfortunate Events (ASOUE), Everlife series, Lorien Legacies, Legend series, and ... never mind I'll go on f..."

Hahah nice to meet you Cara! and it's okay i completely understand, listing my favorite book it's hard since the list it endless!

message 9: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Bowman (kristenbowmanreads) Hill wrote: "Hi everyone! My name is Hillary. I'm 26. I'm just getting back into reading for fun. I haven't read too many YA books. I've read the Harry Potter series, The Hunger Games series, the first book in ..."

Hey Hillary! I'm so excited you joined the group and are getting back into reading. Small groups are great, i feel like it's easier to make friends that way!

message 10: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Bowman (kristenbowmanreads) Bekah wrote: "Hi! I'm Bekah (@the.tangled.knitter), 24, and I love Harry Potter, Divergent, and anything by John Green. Though I tend to read anything and everything!

I joined this group as I don't have a book..."

Hi Bekah! You'll definitely be introduced to a lot of new and different YA books here, I hop you enjoy them!

message 11: by Dijana (new)

Dijana (dijanatrajanovski) | 1 comments Hi! My name is Dijana. I'm from Croatia and I'm 23 years old. I love to read, mostly young and new adult books. My favourite author is Jay McLean with all her books. I have bookish instagram (djevoka_sa_knjigama) so we can follow there also. :) I'm really looking foward to meet you 💖

message 12: by Emily ☾ (new)

Emily ☾ Hi! My name is Emily and I am 19 years old! My favorite books would have to be The Book Thief, A Court of Thorns and Roses series, and The Mortal Instruments series (but there are many more). I love books from Sarah J. Maas, John Green, Cassandra Clare, and Rainbow Rowell. I joined the club because I’m obsessed with reading (especially if it’s YA fantasy).

message 13: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (endless_chapters) | 3 comments Bekah wrote: "Hi! I'm Bekah (@the.tangled.knitter), 24, and I love Harry Potter, Divergent, and anything by John Green. Though I tend to read anything and everything!

I joined this group as I don't have a book..."

Hi Bekah! I love John Green too, maybe we have the same taste in books, just saying :)

message 14: by Cara (new)

Cara | 4 comments Hill wrote: "Hi everyone! My name is Hillary. I'm 26. I'm just getting back into reading for fun. I haven't read too many YA books. I've read the Harry Potter series, The Hunger Games series, the first book in ..."

Haha same here, I also read the first book in the Matched series. Did you like it? I'm hoping to finish the series.

message 15: by Kimmy (new)

Kimmy | 3 comments Hi everyone! My name is Kimmy, I'm 30 years old and I've recently got addicted to YA. MY boyfriends picked out a series for me Throne of Glass by Sarah Maas and I fell in love. I would have to say currently my favorite YA author is Sarah Maas but I still have more authors to check out to see if that changes. I've joined the club because 1) I want to be more social and have some people to discuss books with 2) to get some ideas on future series to read... not that I need more books at the moment lol.

message 16: by Hill (last edited Jun 24, 2018 02:44PM) (new)

Hill | 3 comments Cara wrote: "Hill wrote: "Hi everyone! My name is Hillary. I'm 26. I'm just getting back into reading for fun. I haven't read too many YA books. I've read the Harry Potter series, The Hunger Games series, the f..."

Hey Cara! I loved Matched. I couldn't put it down. (Possible spoilers ahead for those who haven't read it)......I am totally emotionally invested in the characters. Cassia is such an awesome and likable main character. Ky's story is so sad, but I haven't really fallen in love with him yet (I don't know why!!). Xander is so loyal to Cassia. Everyone needs someone like Xander in their life! I thought the dystopian world was well thought out and made sense. And that's really important for me when I'm reading a book. I hate when I have unanswered questions about the society in which the people live, how the people live their lives, etc. The author really needs to think of every detail. With Matched, I think Ally Condie did a great job developing Cassia's world. I can't wait to read Crossed. I want to read it soon before I forget all the little details from Matched. What about you? What did you like about Matched?

message 17: by lostinstacks (new)

lostinstacks | 1 comments Hi I’m Temily! This is such a great idea! I’m 28. I love reading but I’m relatively new to bookstagram and goodreads. I read anything and everything. Sarah Maas is my favourite, as well as the Grishaverse and Harry Potter. My favourite books are probably Fight Club and Alice in Wonderland, bit of extremes. Lovely to meet everyone!

message 18: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Bowman (kristenbowmanreads) Ella wrote: "Hi I’m Ella, I’m 14. My favourite book I’ve recently read was The Loneliest Girl in the Universe by Lauren James. I also love Sarah J Maas! I’m really excited to be part of your group! Thanks"

Hey Ella, welcome to the club!

message 19: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Bowman (kristenbowmanreads) lostinstacks wrote: "Hi I’m Temily! This is such a great idea! I’m 28. I love reading but I’m relatively new to bookstagram and goodreads. I read anything and everything. Sarah Maas is my favourite, as well as the Gris..."

Hey Temily! I'm also a big Sarah J Maas fan, as well at the Grishaverse book and Harry Potter! so glad you joined the club :)

message 20: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Bowman (kristenbowmanreads) Lydia wrote: "Hello! My name is Lydia, I'm 18, and I absolutely loved the Daughter of Smoke and Bone Trilogy as well as The Arcana Chronicles, Six of Crows Duology, and the Raven Cycle Series. Obviously, I have ..."

Yes to all of these! The only one I haven't read yet is the Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy, but that's one our BOTM so I'll finally get around to reading it. As for contemporary, I'm also trying to branch into it as well. I just read Geekerella, and it was an amazing and really fun read- highly recommend!

˗ˏˋjoelyˊˎ˗ (joelygranger) | 2 comments Hello !! My name is Joely and I am a 14 year old book lover hehe, anyways my favourite series ‘currently’ is The lunar Chronicles ( SOO good ) and at the moment I’m currently reading WARCROSS by Marie Lu and omg I’m in love hehe x
Joely x

Ellielovesreading  | 3 comments hi!
My name is Ellie and I love everything young adult.
I don’t have one favourite book, I love so many books but currently I’m obsessed with Outlander!
I joined because sadly none of my friends read so I have no one to talk to about books 😭

xo Ellie 💗

message 23: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Bowman (kristenbowmanreads) Joely wrote: "Hello !! My name is Joely and I am a 14 year old book lover hehe, anyways my favourite series ‘currently’ is The lunar Chronicles ( SOO good ) and at the moment I’m currently reading WARCROSS by Ma..."

Hey Joely, Welcome! I'm also a HUGE fan of The Lunar Chronicles, I still haven't read Cress yet though!

message 24: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Bowman (kristenbowmanreads) Ellieinwonderland_x wrote: "hi!
My name is Ellie and I love everything young adult.
I don’t have one favourite book, I love so many books but currently I’m obsessed with Outlander!
I joined because sadly none of my friends..."

Welcome Ellie! I agree it's hard to choose favorites. My dad bought me the whole outlander series for Christmas last year and I still haven't read them, but I plan to soon!

message 25: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Bowman (kristenbowmanreads) Siiri wrote: "Hey I’m Siiri, I am 18 years old And I live in Finland (but read in english). I’ve loved reading since I picked up the first Harry Potter 10+ years ago. Ya came to my life good six years ago and I’..."

Hey there Siiri! Welcome to the club! Don't hate me, but I still haven't read any of Cassandra Clare's books. I don't know how since they are so popular haha I'll read them eventually, maybe we will read them for the BOTM sometime.

Lois (thecarrotstories) (thecarrotstories_) | 3 comments Hello !! My name is Lois (@thecarrotstories) and I'm 27 years old. I'm from Malaysia.

My favourite books/series are Harry Potter, Six of Crows, The Infernal Devices, Sherlock Holmes and many more. My favourite authors are Leigh Bardugo, JK Rowling, Marie Lu, Cassandra Clare, and Agatha Christie.

I joined this club because first, I am a YA book fan and second, I need more book recommendation even though I need self control when buying books.

message 27: by Book Lovers Anonymous (last edited Aug 04, 2018 11:33AM) (new)

Book Lovers Anonymous (book_lovers_anonymous) | 2 comments Hey there, I’m Carole (@book_lovers_anonymous), I’m 23 years old and all I really read is YA; fantasy and sci-fi are my preferred areas, but I also enjoy a good contemporary every now and then. Some of my favorite series include A Court of Thorns and Roses, Throne of Glass, and The Inheritance Cycle. Some of my favorite authors are Sarah J Maas, Christopher Paolini, and John Green. I joined this group because I always want to be able to talk about the books I read with people, but no one I know reads the same genres as me or they just don’t read at all. So I’m super excited to be a part of this and get to know you all!

message 28: by Emily Therese (new)

Emily Therese Hi I'm Emily, I'm 19 and Australian. I'm a massive YA fan (its pretty much all I read) and I joined this group because I wanted a place where I could discuss books with people but a lot of the other book groups on here have so many people!
My favourite books include the Bloody Jack series, the I Am Number Four series, Ready Player One and everything Percy Jackson! Some of my favourite authors are L.A. Meyer, Maggie Stiefvater, Alyson Noel, Ernest Cline, Rick Riordan, Pittacus Lore (I know this is technically two people but) and so many more.
I can't wait to join in on some monthly reads.

message 29: by Dom (new)

Dom Hey! I love all YA books but I have a special interest in fantasy and sci fic!
My favorite books include Warcross (all of Marie Lu books are amazing!), Cress, Ember in the Ashes, and The Grisha Trilogy. I love Marissa Meyer, Sarah J Maas, and JK Rowling.

message 30: by Paola (new)

Paola | 1 comments hi, I'm Paola and I love any type of genre well not all lol, but I always do enjoy YA fantasy books. MY favorite series would be Harry Potter and my favorite author would Sarah Dessen.
I joined the club because I would love to discuss about books with others.

message 31: by Cara (new)

Cara | 4 comments Dom wrote: "Hey! I love all YA books but I have a special interest in fantasy and sci fic!
My favorite books include Warcross (all of Marie Lu books are amazing!), Cress, Ember in the Ashes, and The Grisha Tr..."

OMG SAME I love all of Marie Lu's novels. I can't wait for Wildcard to come out!!!!

message 32: by Cara (new)

Cara | 4 comments Emily Therese wrote: "Hi I'm Emily, I'm 19 and Australian. I'm a massive YA fan (its pretty much all I read) and I joined this group because I wanted a place where I could discuss books with people but a lot of the othe..."

Lol Hi Emily, I am also a huge fan of the Lorien Legacies :)))

Charlotte (novelsandteacups) (novelsandteacups) Hi im Charlotte, im 20 and from the United Kingdom. I love reading YA books, at the moment I really like the fantasy and sci-fi but sometimes I like to mix it up and go for a contemporary. Some of my fave series has to be the throne of glass, ruined and acotar series. I love books that lead you on a journey and an adventure and you can lose yourself in the story. I joined this group so I could to get to discuss about books and get recommended some amazing books which I have yet to read.

Lauren (AWriterCanDream) (awritercandream) | 6 comments Hi I'm Lauren, I'm 23 years old and from the United States. My favorite genre is Fantasy (mostly YA Fantasy), my favorite series include Lord of the Rings, Throne of Glass/A Court of Thorns and Roses, Mortal Instruments, and the Red Rising series. My favorite authors are Tolkien, Cassandra Clare, and Sarah J Maas. I joined this group so I could discuss one of my favorite genres, and talk about some amazing books!

message 35: by linda (new)

linda (flourishreader) | 3 comments Hi everyone! I'm new to the group but I think October is not a bad month to join! My name is Linda. I am a 16 year old high school student from Germany. I mainly read Ya fantasy, mystery and historical fiction books. Some of my fav books include the Stalking Jack the Ripper series, Caraval by Stephanie Garber, The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, the Alchemist by Paulo Coelho and many more. I joined thia book because I had never joined a goodreads book group before and wanted to know what it is like, because I liked the books everyone's currently reading and the bio of this group sounds amazing to me. I am always looking for new recs as well! Xx Linda

Eleanor (bookishcourtier) My name is Eleanor and I love being part of book groups! I love fantasy and Young Adult books and sharing my thoughts about the book with other people. Some of my favourites include Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor, A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas and many more! I'm open to reading most books as long as they sound interesting to me.

message 37: by Holly (new)

Holly (aliasreads) | 4 comments Hey everyone! My name is Holly, I'm 22 and I am born and raised in Canada. I have always loved reading YA Fantasy, Historical Fiction, Mystery, Urban fantasy. I also have grown to love New Adult, Adult fiction, Slice of life Manga and Comics. Books that have a special place in my heart include A Darker Shade of Magic, Throne of Glass, Orange, Erased, Saga, The Mortal Instruments, Frankenstein, Harry Potter and Percy Jackson series. I joined this group because I love learning about what books people love, their opinions on books, and a discussion about the books currently being read.

message 38: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (snowlightalley) Hi! I’m Zoe from @snowlightalley and I am 19 years old!

My favorite genres are YA contemporary, YA fantasy and a few nonfictions like self help books as well! My favorite book series are harry potter, a court of thorns and roses, the hunger games and the grisha trilogy! And my favorite author is sarah j. Maas and leigh bardugo.

I joined because i love reading books and I want to share my passion for books with other book lovers! :)

message 39: by Holly (new)

Holly (aliasreads) | 4 comments Holly wrote: "Hey everyone! My name is Holly, I'm 22 and I am born and raised in Canada. I have always loved reading YA Fantasy, Historical Fiction, Mystery, Urban fantasy. I also have grown to love New Adult, A..."

My bookstagram is: @areadersbrew