Hooked on Books discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > Summer 2018 - June 21st, 2018 - September 21st, 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 77 (77 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Johnni (last edited Jun 15, 2018 02:05PM) (new)

Johnni Quest (johnniquest) | 1226 comments Welcome to our Summer seasonal read-a-thon. This read-a-thon runs from June 21st to September 21st, 2018.

For every book that you read with a title starting with one of the letters in the bonus word give yourself 1 point, if any section (first, middle, last) of the author's name starts with a letter in the bonus word give yourself 2 points. The most you can have for any one book is 3 bonus points, 1 for title and 2 for author.

For example (if WINTER were our bonus word):

Nothing Lasts Forever by Sidney Sheldon = 1 point for title
OR
Fire in the Blood by Dale Ibitz = 2 bonus points for author last name
OR
Winter Swans by Danica Winters = 1 point for title, 2 points for author = 3 bonus points

Be sure to tally your pages and bonus points separately. The top 3 people with the most bonus points at the end of the challenge will get to choose a bonus word for the next quarter. NOTE: Bonus point winners cannot win in two read-a-thon's in a row, to give more people the chance to choose bonus words.

To sign up simply start yourself a post to track what you've read during the read-a-thon. Edit your post throughout the read-a-thon to let everyone know which books you've read & your total number of pages.

Here is a a template for your post:

Bonus Word:

TBR:

Pages Read:
Bonus Points:

Books Read:

Our last Spring read-a-thon winners will be the top three bonus point holders, and they will each choose a word for us to use in the Spring!

You can choose from:

TBA

message 2: by Johnni (last edited Jun 15, 2018 02:10PM) (new)

message 3: by Johnni (new)

Johnni Quest (johnniquest) | 1226 comments Bonus Word:

TBR:

Pages Read:
Bonus Points:

Books Read:

message 5: by Lesa (last edited Jun 23, 2018 07:44PM) (new)

Lesa Divine | 94 comments Bonus Word: Onychocryptosis

June 21st- Books: The Fireman by Joe Hill (3pt) The Last Place You Look (Roxane Weary, #1) by Kristen Lepionka (1pt) Not a Sound by Heather Gudenkauf (3pt) That Night by Chevy Stevens (3pt)

Pages Read:
Bonus Points:

Books Read:

message 6: by Shan ~A~ (last edited Jun 23, 2018 12:32PM) (new)

Shan ~A~ (thebookglutton) | 9 comments Seasonal Readathon
Summer 2018
June 21st to September 21st, 2018.

Bonus Word: Onychocryptosis

TBR:

Pages Read:
Bonus Points:

Books Read:

message 7: by Mary (new)

Mary Bronson | 109 comments Seasonal Readathon
Summer 2017
June 21-September 21, 2018

Bonus Word:

TBR:

Pages Read:
Bonus Points:

Books Read:

message 8: by Trisha (last edited Sep 21, 2018 08:31AM) (new)

Trisha | 423 comments June 21 to September 21 readathon

Bonus word: WATERMELONS

Books:
The Broken Girls, Simone St. James, 338 pages, 3 points
The Memory Box, Eva Lesko Natiello, 362 pages, 3 points
Artists in Crime, Ngaio Marsh, 304 pages, 3 points
The Secret Years, Judith Lennox, 640 pages, 3 points
The Eye of the Reindeer, Eva Weaver, 385 pages, 3 points
White Nights, Ann Cleeves, 417 pages, 3 points
Laurie, Stephen King, 32 pages, 3 points
The French for Love, Fiona Valpy, 298 pages, 1 point
Blood In The Sand, Kelly Clayton, 245 pages
Emily of New Moon, L.M. Montgomery, 339 pages, 3 points
The Secret Adversary, Agatha Christie, 306 pages, 3 points
Who We Were Before, Leah Mercer, 268 pages, 3 points
Tales of the Five Towns, Arnold Bennett, 139 pages, 3 points
Wuthering Heights, Emily Brontë, 214 pages, 3 points
Firefly Lane, Kristin Hannah, 497 pages
The New Boy, Doreen Tovey, 160 pages, 3 points
A Bird in the Hand, Ann Cleeves, 224 pages, 3 points
A Family Recipe, Veronica Henry, 401 pages, 1 point
My Family and Other Animals, Gerald Durrell, 1 point
I Am Watching You, Teresa Driscoll, 302 pages, 2 points
Tess of the D'Urbervilles, Thomas Hardy, 338 pages, 3 points
The Lying Game, Ruth Ware, 372 pages, 3 points
Deadly Secrets, Robert Bryndza, 330 pages, 2 points
The Sapphire Widow, Dinah Jefferies, 368 pages, 1 point
Frankenstein, Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley, 254 pages, 2 points
From There to Here, Dorothy Koomson, 16 pages
That Girl From Nowhere, Dorothy Koomson, 466 pages, 1 point
The Machine Stops, E.M. Forster, 48 pages, 3 points
The House Swap, Rebecca Fleet, 304 pages, 3 points
The Alchemist, Paulo Coelho, 178 pages, 1 point
The Willows, Algernon Blackwood, 105 pages, 3 points
Lorna Doone: A Romance of Exmoor, R.D. Blackmore, 384 pages, 3 points Quentins, Maeve Binchy, 420 pages, 2 points
Summer, Edith Wharton, 110 pages, 3 points
The Wendigo, Algernon Blackwood, 48 pages, 3 points
Greyfriars Bobby, Eleanor Atkinson, 117 pages, 2 points
The Lost Sister, Tracy Buchanan, 448 pages, 3 points
The Day of the Triffids, John Wyndham, 272 pages, 3 points
The Glass Key, Dashiell Hammett, 225 pages, 1 point
The Widow's Watcher, Eliza Maxwell, 283 pages, 3 points
Wide Sargasso Sea, Jean Rhys, 151 pages, 3 points
The Master and Margarita, Mikhail Bulgakov, 352 pages, 3 points
Nineteen Eighty-Four, George Orwell, 334 pages, 3 points
The Sewing Machine, Natalie Fergie, 320 pages, 3 points
Captains Courageous,Rudyard Kipling, 166 pages, 2 points
The Killings at Badger's Drift, Caroline Graham, 265 pages, 1 point
Tales from Shakespeare, Charles Lamb, 314 pages, 3 points
Forgotten Women, Freda Lightfoot, 384 pages, 2 points
The Rider on the White Horse, Theodor Storm, 101 pages, 3 points
Life on the Mississippi, Mark Twain, 386 pages, 3 points
Chocolat, Joanne Harris, 320 pages
One of Ours, Willa Cather, 343 pages, 3 points
Immensee, Theodor Storm, 112 pages, 2 points

Pages Read: 14797
Bonus Points: 120

Books Read:
The Broken Girls by Simone St. James The Memory Box by Eva Lesko Natiello Artists in Crime (Roderick Alleyn, #6) by Ngaio Marsh The Secret Years by Judith Lennox The Eye of the Reindeer by Eva Weaver White Nights (Shetland Island, #2) by Ann Cleeves Laurie by Stephen King The French for Love by Fiona Valpy Blood In The Sand (A Jack Le Claire Mystery #1) by Kelly Clayton Emily of New Moon (Emily, #1) by L.M. Montgomery The Secret Adversary by Agatha Christie Who We Were Before by Leah Mercer Tales of the Five Towns by Arnold Bennett Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah The New Boy by Doreen Tovey A Bird in the Hand (George & Molly Palmer-Jones, #1) by Ann Cleeves A Family Recipe by Veronica Henry My Family and Other Animals by Gerald Durrell I Am Watching You by Teresa Driscoll Tess of the D'Urbervilles  by Thomas Hardy The Lying Game by Ruth Ware Deadly Secrets (Detective Erika Foster, #6) by Robert Bryndza The Sapphire Widow by Dinah Jefferies Frankenstein by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley From There to Here by Dorothy Koomson That Girl From Nowhere by Dorothy Koomson The Machine Stops by E.M. Forster The House Swap by Rebecca Fleet The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho The Willows by Algernon Blackwood Lorna Doone A Romance of Exmoor by R.D. Blackmore Quentins by Maeve Binchy Summer by Edith Wharton The Wendigo by Algernon Blackwood Greyfriars Bobby by Eleanor Atkinson The Lost Sister by Tracy Buchanan The Day of the Triffids by John Wyndham The Glass Key by Dashiell Hammett The Widow's Watcher by Eliza Maxwell Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell The Sewing Machine by Natalie Fergie Captains Courageous by Rudyard Kipling The Killings at Badger's Drift (Chief Inspector Barnaby, #1) by Caroline Graham Tales from Shakespeare by Charles Lamb Forgotten Women by Freda Lightfoot The Rider on the White Horse by Theodor Storm Life on the Mississippi by Mark Twain Chocolat (Chocolat, #1) by Joanne Harris One of Ours ( illustrated ) by Willa Cather Immensee by Theodor Storm

message 9: by Catherine (last edited Sep 21, 2018 09:41AM) (new)

Catherine (slytherdor1987) | 91 comments Yay summer!

Bonus Word: Watermelons

Currently Reading:

TBR:
Audio: Midnight Curse (Disrupted Magic, #1) by Melissa F. Olson Blood Gamble (Disrupted Magic, #2) by Melissa F. Olson
Physical: Ink and Bone (The Great Library, #1) by Rachel Caine Paper and Fire (The Great Library, #2) by Rachel Caine Ash and Quill (The Great Library #3) by Rachel Caine My Real Children by Jo Walton Young Jane Young by Gabrielle Zevin Z A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald by Therese Anne Fowler The Mists of Avalon (Avalon, #1) by Marion Zimmer Bradley Now I Rise (And I Darken Series, #2) by Kiersten White All the Crooked Saints by Maggie Stiefvater The Clan of the Cave Bear (Earth's Children, #1) by Jean M. Auel

Pages Read: 13,505 pgs (9/21/18)
Hours Listened: 345:54 hrs (9/21/18)

Bonus Points: 132

Books Read:
Day Shift (Midnight, Texas, #2) by Charlaine Harris Giant Days, Vol. 1 (Giant Days, #1) by John Allison Giant Days, Vol. 2 (Giant Days, #2) by John Allison Giant Days, Vol. 3 (Giant Days, #3) by John Allison Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3) by Melissa F. Olson Night Shift (Midnight, Texas, #3) by Charlaine Harris More Than We Can Tell (Letters to the Lost, #2) by Brigid Kemmerer The Girl Who Played with Fire (Millennium, #2) by Stieg Larsson Giant Days, Vol. 4 (Giant Days, #4) by John Allison Giant Days, Vol. 5 (Giant Days, #5) by John Allison Giant Days, Vol. 6 (Giant Days, #6) by John Allison Giant Days, Vol. 7 (Giant Days, #7) by John Allison Let's Talk About Love by Claire Kann Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1) by Kendare Blake Sleeping Giants (Themis Files, #1) by Sylvain Neuvel Saga, Vol. 8 (Saga, #8) by Brian K. Vaughan Paper Girls, Vol. 4 (Paper Girls, #4) by Brian K. Vaughan After You (Me Before You, #2) by Jojo Moyes Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega, #1) by Patricia Briggs The Power by Naomi Alderman Authority (Southern Reach, #2) by Jeff VanderMeer The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory The Bookshop on the Corner by Jenny Colgan The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman Strangers in Paradise, Pocket Book 1 by Terry Moore Strangers In Paradise, Pocket Book 2 by Terry Moore Strangers In Paradise, Pocket Book 3 by Terry Moore Strangers In Paradise, Pocket Book 4 by Terry Moore Strangers In Paradise, Pocket Book 5 by Terry Moore Strangers In Paradise, Pocket Book 6 by Terry Moore The Paper Magician (The Paper Magician, #1) by Charlie N. Holmberg The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician, #2) by Charlie N. Holmberg The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 6 Imperial Phase, Part 2 by Kieron Gillen The Backstagers, Vol. 1 by James Tynion IV The Backstagers, Vol. 2 by James Tynion IV The Master Magician (The Paper Magician, #3) by Charlie N. Holmberg The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (Millennium, #3) by Stieg Larsson Animal Farm by George Orwell The Bookshop of Yesterdays by Amy Meyerson A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness Still Me (Me Before You, #3) by Jojo Moyes Renegades (Renegades, #1) by Marissa Meyer How to Walk Away by Katherine Center Turtles All the Way Down by John Green Hunting Ground (Alpha & Omega, #2) by Patricia Briggs Fair Game (Alpha & Omega, #3) by Patricia Briggs Dead Heat (Alpha & Omega #4) by Patricia Briggs Burn Bright (Alpha & Omega, #5) by Patricia Briggs Unshakeable Your Financial Freedom Playbook by Anthony Robbins The Afterlife of Holly Chase by Cynthia Hand Lost Voices (Lost Voices, #1) by Sarah Porter And Every Morning the Way Home Gets Longer and Longer by Fredrik Backman I Am Princess X by Cherie Priest The Shape of Water by Guillermo del Toro Hunted by Meagan Spooner Matchmaking for Beginners by Maddie Dawson Kitty Goes to Washington (Kitty Norville, #2) by Carrie Vaughn A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin Fat Girl on a Plane by Kelly deVos Kitty Takes a Holiday (Kitty Norville, #3) by Carrie Vaughn Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1) by Neal Shusterman Thunderhead (Arc of a Scythe, #2) by Neal Shusterman Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn Juliet Immortal (Juliet Immortal, #1) by Stacey Jay The House I Loved by Tatiana de Rosnay Kitty and the Silver Bullet (Kitty Norville, #4) by Carrie Vaughn Waking Gods (Themis Files, #2) by Sylvain Neuvel Sideways by Rex Pickett The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins The Time Machine by H.G. Wells Public Library and Other Stories by Ali Smith Kitty and the Dead Man's Hand (Kitty Norville, #5) by Carrie Vaughn Out of the Blue by Sophie Cameron Summer of Salt by Katrina Leno Only Human (Themis Files, #3) by Sylvain Neuvel The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater The Raven King (The Raven Cycle, #4) by Maggie Stiefvater Goldie Vance Vol. 1 by Hope Larson Goldie Vance Vol. 2 by Hope Larson Goldie Vance Vol. 3 by Hope Larson Goldie Vance Vol. 4 by Hope Larson

message 10: by Erin (last edited Sep 20, 2018 09:57PM) (new)

Erin (sweeterin) | 104 comments Bonus Word: SUBTROPICAL

TBR: Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen Good Grief by Lolly Winston

Currently reading: Four Day Fling by Emma Hart

Pages Read: 9,278
June: 1,485
July: 2,504
August: 2,959
September: 2,682
Bonus Points: 87

Books Read:
Puddin' (Dumplin', #2) by Julie Murphy (3) The Ever After by Sarah Pekkanen (3) Girls in Pants The Third Summer of the Sisterhood (Sisterhood, #3) by Ann Brashares (3) The Sleeping Beauty Proposal by Sarah Strohmeyer (3) The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn (3) Kind Is the New Classy The Power of Living Graciously by Candace Cameron Bure (3) Forever in Blue The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood (Sisterhood, #4) by Ann Brashares (3)
The Light We Lost by Jill Santopolo (3) Erotic Stories for Punjabi Widows by Balli Kaur Jaswal (3) The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom (3) Next Year in Havana by Chanel Cleeton (3) Something in the Water by Catherine Steadman (3)
The Alice Network by Kate Quinn (3) She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb (3) A Polaroid Guy in a Snapchat World by David Spade (3) The Time of My Life by Patrick Swayze (3) Bonfire by Krysten Ritter (3) Still Lives by Maria Hummel (3) Seriously... I'm Kidding by Ellen DeGeneres (3) Then She Was Gone by Lisa Jewell (3) Leave Me by Gayle Forman (3)
Me Before You (Me Before You, #1) by Jojo Moyes (3) The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang (3) Wicked Appetite (Lizzy & Diesel, #1) by Janet Evanovich (3) To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1) by Jenny Han (3) Wicked Business (Lizzy & Diesel, #2) by Janet Evanovich (3) P.S. I Still Love You (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #2) by Jenny Han (3) Don't You Cry by Mary Kubica (3) After You (Me Before You, #2) by Jojo Moyes (3)

message 11: by Jamie (last edited Jun 23, 2018 12:08PM) (new)

Jamie | 28 comments Bonus Word:

Currently Reading: The Gauntlet (The Cage, #3) by Megan Shepherd Inkheart (Inkworld, #1) by Cornelia Funke Alice (The Chronicles of Alice, #1) by Christina Henry

TBR: Into the Void (Star Wars Dawn of the Jedi) by Tim Lebbon Flames Like Vines (Snow Like Ashes, #2.1) by Sara Raasch The Fall of the Governor Part One (The Walking Dead #3) by Robert Kirkman The Mystery at Lilac Inn (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #4) by Carolyn Keene The Secret of Shadow Ranch (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #5) by Carolyn Keene As You Wish (Christy and Todd College Years #2) by Robin Jones Gunn White The Great Pursuit (The Circle, #3) by Ted Dekker Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1) by Amie Kaufman Legendary (Caraval, #2) by Stephanie Garber The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings, #1) by J.R.R. Tolkien The 100 (The 100, #1) by Kass Morgan Spelled (The Storymakers, #1) by Betsy Schow Down with the Shine by Kate Karyus Quinn Gameboard of the Gods (Age of X, #1) by Richelle Mead Battle Royale by Koushun Takami Red Rising (Red Rising, #1) by Pierce Brown Joyland by Stephen King It by Stephen King Inkspell (Inkworld, #2) by Cornelia Funke Backward Compatible by Sarah Daltry The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood

Pages Read:
Bonus Points:

Books Read:
1. Sacred Seas (The Sea Monster Memoirs, #3) by Karen Amanda Hooper
2. Wild Ones, Vol. 5 (Wild Ones, #5) by Kiyo Fujiwara

message 12: by Susan (new)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 1590 comments Bonus Word-

TBR- A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3) by Sarah J. Maas Circe by Madeline Miller The Belles (The Belles #1) by Dhonielle Clayton When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon

Pages read-
Bonus points-

Books read-

message 13: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 19, 2018 06:41PM) (new)

Bonus Word: WATERMELON

Pages Read: 2,621
Bonus Points: 22

Books Read: One of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus An Elephant in the Garden by Michael Morpurgo Measure for Measure by William Shakespeare Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge America's First Daughter by Stephanie Dray Beastly (Beastly, #1; Kendra Chronicles, #1) by Alex Flinn The Assassin's Blade (Throne of Glass, #0.1-0.5) by Sarah J. Maas The First Crusade A Brief History with Documents Bedford Series in History and Culture by Jay Carter Rubenstein

message 14: by Robyn (last edited Sep 20, 2018 05:55AM) (new)

Robyn (birdwithabrain) | 92 comments Excited to get stuck into this!

Bonus Word: SUBTROPICAL

TBR: Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2) by Jay Kristoff

Pages Read: 9,087
Bonus Points: 51

Books Read: The Language of Kindness A Nurse's Story by Christie Watson Sleeping Murder (Miss Marple, #13) by Agatha Christie At Bertram's Hotel (Miss Marple #11) by Agatha Christie The Murder at the Vicarage (Miss Marple, #1) by Agatha Christie The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger Bitter Sixteen by Stefan Mohamed Oathbringer (The Stormlight Archive, #3) by Brandon Sanderson Snowblind (Dark Iceland #1) by Ragnar Jónasson The Trilogy of Two by Juman Malouf Nevernight (The Nevernight Chronicle, #1) by Jay Kristoff Reasons to Stay Alive by Matt Haig The Humans by Matt Haig Why We Sleep The New Science of Sleep and Dreams by Matthew Walker Under the Knife A History of Surgery in 28 Remarkable Operations by Arnold van de Laar Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda (Creekwood, #1) by Becky Albertalli Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1) by Neal Shusterman Three Things I’d Tell My Younger Self by Joanna Cannon Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2) by Leigh Bardugo 21 Lessons for the 21st Century by Yuval Noah Harari Women Invent the Future A Science Fiction Anthology by Maggie Aderin-Pocock Golden Son (Red Rising, #2) by Pierce Brown Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese

message 15: by Karen (last edited Sep 21, 2018 07:35AM) (new)

Karen (karinlib) | 1454 comments Mod
Currently reading:

Bonus Word: Subtropical

Pages read: 8650 pages (as of 09/20/2018)
Bonus Points: 90 points (as of 09/20/2018)

1. A Novel Bookstore by Laurence Cossé (2 Points)
2. Change Management (3 Points, total 5)
3. Due Diligence (2 points, total 7)
4. Heirs to Trouble (2 points, total 9)
5. Degrees of Separation (2 points, total 11)
6. All the Pretty Horses (3 points, total 14)
7. The Secret, Book and Scone Society (3 points, total 17)
8. On Politics: A History of Political Thought From Herodotus to the Present (3 points,total 20)
9.Troubling a Star (3 points,total 23)
10, My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry (0 points,total 23)
11. The Last Trial (3 points,total 26)
12. Presumed Innocent (3 points,total 29)
13. A Pale View of Hills (3 points,total 32)
14. An Artist of the Floating World (3 points,total 35)
15. After the Quake (1 point, total 36)
16. The Burden of Proof (3 points, total 39)
17. The Trouble with Murder (1 point, total 40)
18. Botchan (3 points, total 43)
19. Tigana (1 point, total 44)
20. News from Nowhere (0 points, total 44)
21. Maggie for Hire (0 points, total 44)
22. The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo (3 points, total 47)
23. Believe It: My Journey of Success, Failure, and Overcoming the Odds (1 point, total 48)
24. The Bridges (3 points, total 51)
25. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (2 points, total 53)
26. The Makioka Sisters (2 points, total 55)
27. That Month in Tuscany (3 points, total 58)
28. The Weight of Ink (2 points, total 60)
29. The Whale Rider (2 points, total 62)
30. Some Prefer Nettles (3 points, total 65)
31. The Eustace Diamonds (2 points, total 67)
32. Mind's Eye (0 points, 67)
33. White Nights (0 points,67)
34. The Penguin Book of Japanese Short Stories (2 points, 69 )
35. The Housekeeper and the Professor (2 points, 71 )
36. The Calculating Stars (1 point, 72)
37. Moonstone (2 points, 74)
38. Moon Rise (2 points, 76 )
39. I Should Have Honor: A Memoir of Hope and Pride in Pakistan (3 points, 79)
40. Believe Me: The Evangelical Road to Donald Trump (1 point,80)
41. Autobiography of Anthony Trollope (3 points, 83)
42. Disgrace (2 points, 85)
43. A Criminal Defense (1 point,86)
44. Killing Floor (2 points,88)
45. Die Trying (2 points, 90)

message 16: by Karo (last edited Aug 02, 2018 02:15AM) (new)

Karo | 10 comments Bonus word: SUBTROPICAL

Pages read: 4516 (25.07.)

Bonus points: 43

Books finished:
1.Für mich ist auch die 6. Stunde: Überleben unter Schülern
2.Attack on Titan, Vol. 13 (2 Points)
3.Too Close to Breathe (3 Points)
4.The Buried Giant (3 Points)
5.Great Expectations (2 Points)
6.Utopia (3 Points)
7.The Inexplicable Logic of My Life (3 Points)
8.Attack on Titan, Vol. 14 (2 Points)
9.Importance of Being Earnest: Prestwick House Literary Touchstone Edition (3 Points)
10.I Am the Messenger (1 point)
11.Elfenwinter (2 points)
12.進撃の巨人 15 Shingeki no Kyojin 15 (3 points)
13.The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (3 Points)
14.The Canterville Ghost (3 points)
15.How I Live Now (2 points)
16.Picture Me Gone (3 points)
17.Gulliver's Travels (2 points)
18.Siege and Storm (3 points)

message 17: by Alexandra (last edited Sep 20, 2018 08:19PM) (new)

Alexandra Nunney (alexandracn) | 105 comments Bonus Word: Subtropical

Currently Reading: Meet Your Baker (A Bakeshop Mystery, #1) by Ellie Alexander

Bonus Points: 27

Pages Read: 5567

Books Completed: The Boy Most Likely To by Huntley Fitzpatrick Want To Play? (Monkeewrench #1) by P.J. Tracy To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han The Perfect Stranger by Megan Miranda The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn P.S. I Still Love You (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #2) by Jenny Han Always and Forever, Lara Jean (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #3) by Jenny Han The DUFF by Kody Keplinger City Of Bones (The Mortal Instruments #1) by Cassandra Clare City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare When I Find You by Emma Curtis Legendary (Caraval, #2) by Stephanie Garber Do Not Disturb Be careful who you let inside . . . by Claire Douglas

message 18: by Agne (last edited Sep 28, 2018 02:53AM) (new)

Agne | 15 comments Im in!!!

Bonus Word: S U B T R O P I C A L

Pages Read: 12904 pages

Bonus points: 92 points

Books finished:
June:
---------------

July:
Leah on the Offbeatby Becky Albertalli - 3 points
The Siren by Kiera Cass - 3 points
Fruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki Takaya - 3 points
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell - 2 points
We Are Okay by Nina LaCour - 3 points
Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare - 3 points
Cut by Patricia McCormick - 3 points
One by Sarah Crossan - 3 points
Down Among the Sticks and Bones by Seanan McGuire - 3 points
Beneath the Sugar Sky by Seanan McGuire - 3 points
Geekerela by Ashley Poston - 2 points
Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia - 1 point
A Boy Worth Knowing by Jennifer Cosgrove - 3 points
Carry On by Rainbow Rowell - 3 points
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling - 3 points
Laiškai Elzei by Unė Kaunaitė - 3 points

description description description description description description description description
description description description description description description description description

August:
The Final Six by Alexandra Monir - 3 points
Ink by Alice Broadway - 3 points
Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett - 3 points
The Five Stages of Andrew Brawley by Shaun David Hutchinson - 3 points
Know Not Why by Hannah Johnson - 0 points
Toil & Trouble: A Know Not Why Halloween (Mis)adventure by Hannah Johnson - 1 point
If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo - 3 points
The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken - 2 points
Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare - 3 points
Illuminae by Amie Kaufman, Jay Kristoff - 3 points
People Like Us by Dana Mele - 1 point
Stardust by Neil Gaiman - 1 point
City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare - 3 points
Our Chemical Hearts by Krystal Sutherland - 3 points
Besielė by Aistė Vilkaitė - 3 points
The Extinction Trials by S.M. Wilson - 3 points

September:
Exile by S.M. Wilson - 2 points
The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon - 3 points
The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee - 3 points
Made You Up by Francesca Zappia - 1 point
Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken - 2 points

description description description description description

message 19: by Katherine (last edited Sep 22, 2018 02:50PM) (new)

Katherine | 103 comments 💎💜 Summer 2018: 21st June - 21st Sep 💜💎Bonus Word: Watermelons

21st - 30th June: (view spoiler) - 1,130 pages
1st - 31st July: (view spoiler) - 4,535 pages
1st - 31st August: (view spoiler) - 3,577 pages
1st - 21st September: (view spoiler) - 6,415 pages

Pages Read: 15,657 pages
Bonus Points: 13

💎💜💜💜💎💎💜💜💜💎💎💜💜💜💎💎💜💜💜💎💎💜💜💜💎💎💜💜💜💎

Books Read:
Castle in the Air (Howl's Moving Castle, #2) by Diana Wynne Jones Barbarian Mine (Ice Planet Barbarians, #4) by Ruby Dixon Hunters of the Dusk (Cirque Du Freak, #7) by Darren Shan House of Many Ways (Howl's Moving Castle, #3) by Diana Wynne Jones Alien Mate Bundle (Alien Mate, #1-3) by Eve Langlais Fairest of All A Tale of the Wicked Queen by Serena Valentino Lion and the Falcon (Furry United Coalition, #4) by Eve Langlais Doe and the Wolf (Furry United Coalition, #5) by Eve Langlais The Unfairest of Them All (Ever After High, #2) by Shannon Hale Barbarian's Prize (Ice Planet Barbarians, #5) by Ruby Dixon The Loneliest Girl in the Universe by Lauren James The Purple Girl by Audrey Kane How to Seize a Dragon's Jewel (How to Train Your Dragon, #10) by Cressida Cowell A Demon and Her Scot (Welcome to Hell, #3) by Eve Langlais Intentional Abduction (Alien Abduction, #2) by Eve Langlais Giant Days, Vol. 5 (Giant Days, #5) by John Allison The Beauty's Brother by Leon Hart Ostrich and the 'Roo (Furry United Coalition, #6) by Eve Langlais Dual Abduction (Alien Abduction, #3) by Eve Langlais Doctor Who Wetworld by Mark Michalowski Barbarian's Taming (Ice Planet Barbarians, #8) by Ruby Dixon Doctor Who The Nightmare Of Black Island by Mike Tucker Barbarian's Heart (Ice Planet Barbarians, #9) by Ruby Dixon Hell's Kitty (Welcome to Hell, #4) by Eve Langlais Doctor Strange The Beginning by Steve Behling The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman Better Date than Never Boxed Set Books 1-6 (Better Date than Never, #1-6) by Susan Hatler Doctor Who - The Wheel of Ice by Stephen Baxter Barbarian's Hope (Ice Planet Barbarians, #10) by Ruby Dixon Barbarian's Choice (Ice Planet Barbarians, #11) by Ruby Dixon Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter #4) by J.K. Rowling Critical Failures II Fail Harder by Robert Bevan How to Betray a Dragon's Hero (How to Train Your Dragon, #11) by Cressida Cowell Mercenary Abduction (Alien Abduction, #4) by Eve Langlais Zombie Fallout (Zombie Fallout, #1) by Mark Tufo Critical Failures III A Storm of S-Words by Robert Bevan The Awakening & The Struggle (The Vampire Diaries, #1-2) by L.J. Smith The Girl Who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill Hell's Geek (Welcome To Hell, #5) by Eve Langlais A Plague Upon Your Family (Zombie Fallout #2) by Mark Tufo Allies of the Night (The Saga of Darren Shan, #8) by Darren Shan A Wonderlandiful World (Ever After High, #3) by Shannon Hale Hers To Command (Cyborg Sizzle #6) by Cynthia Sax The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey The Restaurant at the End of the Universe (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, #2) by Douglas Adams Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them The Original Screenplay by J.K. Rowling The End (Zombie Fallout, #3) by Mark Tufo Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1) by Diana Wynne Jones Doctor Who The Last Voyage by Dan Abnett Rise of the Governor (The Walking Dead #1) by Robert Kirkman The Fury & The Reunion (The Vampire Diaries, #3-4) by L.J. Smith The Grimm Diaries Prequels 1-6 by Cameron Jace Ghost of a Machine (Cyborg Sizzle #7) by Cynthia Sax Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister by Gregory Maguire Doctor Who Who-ology by Cavan Scott Critical Failures IV by Robert Bevan

message 20: by Danica (last edited Sep 23, 2018 09:38PM) (new)

Danica (lumosliterati) | 848 comments Bonus Word: W A T E R M E L O N S

Currently reading/listening:

TBR: Circe by Madeline Miller A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith The Unit by Ninni Holmqvist The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger

Pages Read: 3,552

Hours listened: 28:37

Bonus Points: 39

Books Read: I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak a(2) Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys (3) Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1) by Neal Shusterman (3) Lily and the Octopus by Steven Rowley (3) The Golem and the Jinni (The Golem and the Jinni, #1) by Helene Wecker a(3) Every Last Lie by Mary Kubica (3) The Princess Saves Herself in this One (Women are Some Kind of Magic, #1) by Amanda Lovelace (3) Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik (3) The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) by Alexandra Bracken (3) The Four Tendencies The Indispensable Personality Profiles That Reveal How to Make Your Life Better (and Other People's Lives Better, Too) by Gretchen Rubin a(3 Starfish by Akemi Dawn Bowman (3) To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1) by Jenny Han (1) When the Lights Go Out by Mary Kubica (3) The Dinner List by Rebecca Serle (3)

message 21: by Debbie (last edited Sep 23, 2018 12:13PM) (new)

Debbie (debbiegray) | 238 comments June 21st to September 21st, 2018.

Bonus Word: WATERMELONS

Pages Read: 5438
Bonus Points: 32

Books Read:

1. Daisy Fay and the Miracle Man by Fannie Flagg 6/23/18..336 pages..0 bonus
2. Pretty Mess by Erika Jayne 6/27/18..304 pages..2 bonus
3. Hiss of Death by Rita Mae Brown 6/28/18..240 pages..2 bonus
4. The High Tide Club by Mary Kay Andrews 7/3/18..480 pages..2 bonus
5. The Perfect Couple by Elin Hilderbrand 7/6/18..466 pages..2 bonus
6. Evil in Carnations by Kate Collins 7/9/18..336 pages..1 bonus
7. Bundle of Trouble by Diana Orgain 7/11/18..296 pages.. 2 bonus
8. The Secret of the Old Clock by Carolyn Keene 7/14/18..180 pages..1 bonus
9. The Last Castle: The Epic Story of Love, Loss, and American Royalty in the Nation's Largest Home by Denise Kiernan..400 pages..1 bonus
10. Little Shop of Homicide by Denise Swanson 7/24/18 ..250 pages..3 bonus
11. The Cat Who Tailed a Thief by Lilian Jackson Braun 7/31/18..272 pages..0 bonus
12. The Summer I Met Jack by Michelle Gable 8/3/18..515 pages...1 bonus
13. Dogwood Hill by Sherryl Woods 8/9/18..384 pages..2 bonus
14. Beach House Reunion by Mary Alice Monroe 8/13/18..400 pages..2 bonus
15. Dead to the Last Drop by Cleo Coyle 8/15/18..432 pages ..0 bonus
16. .All Fudged Up by Nancy CoCo 8/21/18..352 pages..2 bonus
17. The Briefing: Politics, the Press, and the President by Sean Spicer 8/24/18...256 pages...2 bonus
18. Have a Nice Guilt Trip by Lisa Scottoline 8/25/18..288 pages..2 bonus
19. Enchanted, Inc. by Shanna Swendson 9/1/18..308 pages..3 bonus
20. Out to Canaan by Jan Karon 9/3/18..464 pages..0 bonus
21. Carnegie's Maid by Marie Benedict 9/11/18..283 pages..2 bonus
22. Willow Brook Road by Sherryl Woods 9/14/18..352 pages..3 bonus
23. Strawberry Cream Murder by Susan Gillard 9/17/18..218 pages..3 bonus
24. The High Season by Judy Blundell 9/21/18..416 pages..0 bonus
The High Season by Judy Blundell Strawberry Cream Murder (Donut Hole Mystery #1) by Susan Gillard Willow Brook Road (Chesapeake Shores, #13) by Sherryl Woods Carnegie's Maid by Marie Benedict Out to Canaan (Mitford Years, #4) by Jan Karon Enchanted, Inc. (Enchanted, Inc., #1) by Shanna Swendson Have a Nice Guilt Trip by Lisa Scottoline The Briefing Politics, the Press, and the President by Sean Spicer All Fudged Up (Candy-Coated, #1) by Nancy CoCo Dead to the Last Drop (Coffeehouse Mystery, #15) by Cleo Coyle Beach House Reunion (Beach House #5) by Mary Alice Monroe Dogwood Hill (Chesapeake Shores, #12) by Sherryl Woods The Summer I Met Jack by Michelle Gable The Cat Who Tailed a Thief (Cat Who... #19) by Lilian Jackson Braun Little Shop of Homicide (Devereaux Dime Store, #1) by Denise Swanson The Last Castle The Epic Story of Love, Loss, and American Royalty in the Nation's Largest Home by Denise Kiernan Nancy Drew Mystery Stories The Secret of The Old Clock and The Hidden Staircase by Carolyn Keene Bundle of Trouble (A Maternal Instincts Mystery, #1) by Diana Orgain Evil in Carnations (A Flower Shop Mystery, #8) by Kate Collins The Perfect Couple by Elin Hilderbrand The High Tide Club by Mary Kay Andrews Hiss of Death (Mrs. Murphy, #19) by Rita Mae Brown Pretty Mess by Erika Jayne Daisy Fay and the Miracle Man by Fannie Flagg

message 22: by Kristina Simon (last edited Sep 21, 2018 04:54PM) (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) June 21 -- September 21

Bonus Word: WATERMELONS

Currently Reading:
Concealed in Death (In Death, #38) by J.D. Robb

TBR:
Tenth of December Stories by George Saunders Topped Chef (Key West Food Critic Mystery #3) by Lucy Burdette Murder with Ganache (Key West Food Critic Mystery, #4) by Lucy Burdette Double-Booked for Death (Black Cat Bookshop Mystery, #1) by Ali Brandon The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry (Harold Fry, #1) by Rachel Joyce

Pages Read: 14,301
Bonus Points: 99

Books Read:
June:
⦿ The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty|6/22|396 pages|3 pts
⦿ Murder With Puffins by Donna Andrews|6/27|320 pages|3 pts
⦿ Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer|6/29|326 pages|3 pts
⦿ Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult|6/29|480 pages|1 pt
⦿ Firestorm by Nevada Barr|6/30|298 pages|2 pts
⦿ North of Havana by Randy Wayne White|6/30|272 pages|3 pts

The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty Murder With Puffins (Meg Langslow, #2) by Donna Andrews Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult Firestorm (Anna Pigeon, #4) by Nevada Barr North of Havana (Doc Ford Mystery, #5) by Randy Wayne White

July:
⦿ Revenge of the Wrought-Iron Flamingos by Donna Andrews|7/3|293 pages|3 pts
⦿ Death On Demand by Carolyn G. Hart|7/4|195 pages|0 pts
⦿ Death in Four Courses by Lucy Burdette|7/5|293 pages|2 pts
⦿ Calculated in Death by J.D. Robb|7/7|386 pages|2 pts
⦿ The Surgeon by Tess Gerritsen|7/6|416 pages|3 pts
⦿ The Apprentice by Tess Gerritsen|7/12|344 pages|3 pts
⦿ Originals: How Non-Conformists Move the World by Adam M. Grant|7/15|336 pages|3 pts
⦿ Still Waters by Tami Hoag|7/18|430 pages|3 pts
⦿ A Good Man Is Hard to Find And Other Stories by Flannery O'Connor|7/19|252 pages|3 pts
⦿ The Madman’s Daughter by Megan Shepherd|7/22|420 pages|3 pts
⦿ Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative by Austin Kleon|7/24|160 pages|3 pts
⦿ Honolulu by Alan Brennert|7/24|431 pages|2 pts
⦿ Key West Connection by Randy Striker|7/25|246 pages|2 pts
⦿ Goodnight, Irene by Jan Burke|7/26|384 pages|0 pts
⦿ Vanity Fare by Megan Caldwell|7/31|408 pages|2 pts
⦿ Origin by Dan Brown|7/31|461 pages|1 pt

Revenge of the Wrought-Iron Flamingos (Meg Langslow, #3) by Donna Andrews Death On Demand (Death On Demand, #1) by Carolyn G. Hart Death in Four Courses (Key West Food Critic Mystery, #2) by Lucy Burdette Calculated in Death (In Death, #36) by J.D. Robb The Surgeon (Rizzoli & Isles, #1) by Tess Gerritsen The Apprentice (Rizzoli & Isles, #2) by Tess Gerritsen Originals How Non-Conformists Move the World by Adam M. Grant Still Waters by Tami Hoag A Good Man Is Hard to Find And Other Stories by Flannery O'Connor The Madman’s Daughter (The Madman’s Daughter, #1) by Megan Shepherd Steal Like an Artist 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative by Austin Kleon Honolulu by Alan Brennert Key West Connection by Randy Striker Goodnight, Irene (Irene Kelly #1) by Jan Burke Vanity Fare by Megan Caldwell Origin (Robert Langdon, #5) by Dan Brown

August:
⦿ The Violin of Auschwitz by Maria Àngels Anglada|8/2|109 pages|3 pts
⦿ Blindsight by Robin Cook|8/4|352 pages|2 pts
⦿ When the Wind Blows by James Patterson|8/11|416 pages|1 pt
⦿ Magpie Murders by Anthony Horowitz|8/12|502 pages|3 pts
⦿ Unfinished Business by Nora Roberts|8/13|250 pages|2 pts
⦿ Slammed by Colleen Hoover|8/16|317 pages|1 pt
⦿ Loving Jack by Nora Roberts|8/18|296 pages|3 pts
⦿ Mayhem at the Orient Express by Kylie Logan|8/19|305 pages|3 pts
⦿ American Gods by Neil Gaiman|8/20|592 pages|3 pts
⦿ The Log from the Sea of Cortez by John Steinbeck|8/23|288 pages|3 pts
⦿ Thrill Me to Death by Roxanne St. Claire|8/25|384 pages|3 pts
⦿ Murder is Binding by Lorna Barrett|8/28|281 pages|3 pts
⦿ In America by Susan Sontag|8/31|398 pages|2 pts

The Violin of Auschwitz by Maria Àngels Anglada Blindsight (Jack Stapleton & Laurie Montgomery, #1) by Robin Cook When the Wind Blows (When the Wind Blows, #1) by James Patterson Magpie Murders by Anthony Horowitz Unfinished Business by Nora Roberts Slammed (Slammed, #1) by Colleen Hoover Loving Jack by Nora Roberts Mayhem at the Orient Express (League of Literary Ladies, #1) by Kylie Logan American Gods (American Gods #1) by Neil Gaiman The Log from the Sea of Cortez by John Steinbeck Thrill Me to Death (Bullet Catcher, #2) by Roxanne St. Claire Murder is Binding (Booktown Mystery, #1) by Lorna Barrett In America by Susan Sontag

September:
⦿ The Sinner by Tess Gerritsen|9/2|419 pages|3 pts
⦿ My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry by Fredrik Backman|9/6|372 pages|1 pt
⦿ Thankless in Death by J.D. Robb|9/13|402 pages|3 pts
⦿ The Moment of Everything by Shelly King|9/16|270 pages|3 pts
⦿ Reel Stuff by Don Bruns|9/16|263 pages|1 pt
⦿ Congo by Michael Crichton|9/18|316 pages|2 pts
⦿ The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie|9/20|222 pages|3 pts

The Sinner (Rizzoli & Isles, #3) by Tess Gerritsen My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry by Fredrik Backman Thankless in Death (In Death, #37) by J.D. Robb The Moment of Everything by Shelly King Reel Stuff by Don Bruns Congo by Michael Crichton The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie

message 23: by Rachel Anne (last edited Jun 26, 2018 03:01PM) (new)

Rachel Anne (racheldespins) | 160 comments Bonus Word: SUBTROPICAL

TBR:

Pages Read:

Bonus Points:

Books Read:

message 24: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Dunton (willowstarserenity) ******
Bonus Word:

TBR:

Pages Read:
Bonus Points:

Books Read:

message 25: by Joni (last edited Oct 02, 2018 10:19AM) (new)

Joni | 88 comments BONUS WORD: SUBTROPICAL

JUNE: 17 points
The Trophy Child3Summer Secrets1Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2)2Burn (Pure, #3)3If You Ask Me (And of Course You Won't)3Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2)2The Cinderella Deal3
JULY: 41 points
Renegades (Renegades, #1)1Cruel Crown (Red Queen, #0.1-0.2)3A Little Bit Wicked: Life, Love, and Faith in Stages3Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops2The One That Got Away3The Time Machine1Results May Vary3Julia's Last Hope (Women of the West, #2)2Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator (Charlie Bucket, #2)3Savannah Blues3
Blue Christmas (Weezie and Bebe Mysteries, #3)3Horrorstör0Savannah Breeze (Weezie and Bebe Mysteries, #2)3Nine Inches: Stories2The Land of Mango Sunsets3The Calling of Emily Evans (Women of the West, #1)3The Diviners (The Diviners, #1)3
AUGUST: 34 points
The Dead Wife's Handbook: A Novel3A Lion Among Men (The Wicked Years, #3)1The Accusation: Forbidden Stories from Inside North Korea3Norse Mythology0King's Cage (Red Queen, #3)2The Bookshop at Water's End3Dog Crazy: A Novel of Love Lost and Found0Hero at Large0The Charlotte Perkins Gilman Reader3Surprise Me3Bonfire3
At First Sight (Jeremy Marsh & Lexie Darnell, #2)3A Walk to Remember3The Memory of Light3The Fiery Cross (Outlander, #5)1Alex and Eliza (Alex & Eliza, #1)3
SEPTEMBER: 14 points
Tales of the Peculiar (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #0.5)3Lost Along the Way1The Last Original Wife3The Outsiders3A Breath of Snow and Ashes (Outlander, #6)1Poetry for Young People: Edgar Allan Poe3

BOOKS: 47
PAGES:

message 26: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 01, 2018 01:54AM) (new)

BONUS WORD: Onychocryptosis

TBR: The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway The Ghost Writer by John Harwood Sputnik Sweetheart by Haruki Murakami The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton

CURRENTLY READING: The Pillars of the Earth (Kingsbridge, #1) by Ken Follett The Girl Who Played with Fire (Millennium, #2) by Stieg Larsson

PAGES: 4,458

BOOKS: 12

June: Steppenwolf by Hermann Hesse (3)
July: The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn (0) 11/22/63 by Stephen King (2) Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov (2) New Facercise by Carole Maggio (3) Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon (2) Perfume by Patrick Süskind (3) The Ninth Life of Louis Drax by Liz Jensen (1) American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis (0) Notes From Underground by Fyodor Dostoyevsky (1) Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare (3) The Ruined Map by Kōbō Abe (1)
August:
September:

message 27: by Kat (new)

Kat angelic (nerdy-kat-angelic-elf) | 22 comments Bonus Word:

Currently reading:

TBR:

Pages Read:
Bonus Points:

Books Read:

message 28: by Jacqueline (last edited Jun 24, 2018 09:02AM) (new)

Jacqueline Ann | 4 comments Yay for summer reading!!

Bonus word:

Currently Reading: Murder on Union Square (Gaslight Mystery, #21) by Victoria Thompson The Prisoner in the Castle (Maggie Hope Mystery #8) by Susan Elia MacNeal

TBR:

Pages Read:
Bonus Points:

Books Read:

message 29: by Shaunesay (new)

Shaunesay We have our three bonus word choosers from Spring!

Lesa was first with 221 pts!
Jamie was second with 130 pts!
Jonidyan was third with 105 pts!

Runners Up: (in case we don't hear back from the winners)

Asa with 99 pts
Lemonitsa with 97 pts
Catherine with 83 pts

Honorable Mentions:
Shaunesay with 124 pts (opting out)
Karen with 123 pts (chose a word for Spring, eligible to win in Summer)

message 30: by Shaunesay (new)

Shaunesay I have messaged our winners and will let you know when we have words to work with!

message 31: by Lesa (new)

Lesa Divine | 94 comments Here's my word:
Onychocryptosis (meaning a ingrown toenail) sorry for the medical terminology word again lol.

message 32: by Shaunesay (new)

Shaunesay Jamie replied with Watermelons, so there are two of our three so far!

message 33: by Shaunesay (new)

Shaunesay Lesa wrote: "Here's my word:
Onychocryptosis (meaning a ingrown toenail) sorry for the medical terminology word again lol."

It's got a lot of letters, that's for sure! lol!

message 34: by Shaunesay (last edited Jun 24, 2018 08:00PM) (new)

Shaunesay Currently Reading:
Wallis in Love The Untold Life of the Duchess of Windsor, the Woman Who Changed the Monarchy by Andrew Morton Furyborn (Empirium, #1) by Claire Legrand Onyx Webb Book Two by Diandra Archer

TBR:
The Invisible Library (The Invisible Library, #1) by Genevieve Cogman The King of Bones and Ashes (Witches of New Orleans, #1) by J.D. Horn The Darkling Bride by Laura Andersen Searcher of the Dead (A Bess Ellyott Mystery #1) by Nancy Herriman The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton Prime Meridian by Silvia Moreno-Garcia Daughter of the Forest (Sevenwaters, #1) by Juliet Marillier The Magicians (The Magicians #1) by Lev Grossman Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert A. Heinlein Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, #5) by Ilona Andrews Ill Wind (Weather Warden, #1) by Rachel Caine Moon Over Soho (Peter Grant, #2) by Ben Aaronovitch Nefertiti by Michelle Moran Endurance (Stardoc, #3) by S.L. Viehl A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki

Bonus word:
Bonus points:

Finished:

Stranger Than Fanfiction by Chris Colfer Rat Queens, Vol. 4 High Fantasies (Rat Queens, #4) by Kurtis J. Wiebe The Brightsiders by Jen Wilde

message 35: by Danica (last edited Jun 25, 2018 10:15AM) (new)

Danica (lumosliterati) | 848 comments Hi! Congrats to our Spring readathon winners! Don’t know if this is ok, but I have a list of summer related words:

Effervescent
Sandcastles
Recreational
Sun-sational
Air-conditioned
Barefooted
Floating
Buoyancy
Mediterranean
Subtropical
Revitalization
Constellations
Solstice
Incandescently
Bougainvillea
Amphitheatrical
Hypersomnolence
Contemplating / contemplatively
Cinematographically

message 36: by Danica (new)

Danica (lumosliterati) | 848 comments ^I posted the list just in case any of the winners want a summer-related word but are having difficulty coming up with one!

message 37: by Elise (last edited Jun 27, 2018 08:22AM) (new)

Elise Ravenclaw (eliseravenclaw) | 7 comments Bonus Word: Watermelons

Currently reading: Rocannon's World (Hainish Cycle #3) by Ursula K. Le Guin (3)

TBR: The Virgin's Lover (The Tudor Court, #5) by Philippa Gregory (1)

Pages Read: 266
Bonus Points: 1

Books read: A Street Cat Named Bob by James Bowen (1)

message 38: by Rachel Anne (new)

Rachel Anne (racheldespins) | 160 comments Shaunesay wrote: "We have our three bonus word choosers from Spring!

Lesa was first with 221 pts!
Jamie was second with 130 pts!
Jonidyan was third with 105 pts!

Runners Up: (in case we don't hear back from the wi..."

Way to go Lesa, Jamie, and Jonidyan!!!! :)

message 39: by Shaunesay (new)

Shaunesay Danica wrote: "Hi! Congrats to our Spring readathon winners! Don’t know if this is ok, but I have a list of summer related words:

Effervescent
Sandcastles
Recreational
Sun-sational
Air-conditioned
Barefoo..."

LMAO! Those are some words! ;)

message 40: by Danica (new)

Danica (lumosliterati) | 848 comments Haha, thanks! I enjoy thinking and looking up seasonal associated words with many letters in them :P

message 41: by Leane (new)

Leane Are we waiting on the 3rd word or did I miss it?

message 42: by Danica (new)

Danica (lumosliterati) | 848 comments Leane, I believe so.

message 43: by Leane (new)

Leane Danica wrote: "Leane, I believe so."

Thank you!

message 44: by Joni (last edited Jun 25, 2018 01:24PM) (new)

Joni | 88 comments Feeling the pressure to deliver, so I picked one of Danica's words.

SUBTROPICAL

message 45: by Danica (new)

Danica (lumosliterati) | 848 comments Sorry you felt pressured to quickly choose a word. On the upside, I’m glad my list helped :)

message 46: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Dunton (willowstarserenity) Jonidyan wrote: "Feeling the pressure to deliver, so I picked one of Danica's words.

SUBTROPICAL"

I'm sorry you felt pressured as well. I'm glad you found a positive of it!

message 47: by Frederic (new)

Frederic | 6 comments Good Afternoon, just to be clear I can choose between those 3 words and need to stick with the same for all summer right?

message 48: by Leane (new)

Leane Frederic wrote: "Good Afternoon, just to be clear I can choose between those 3 words and need to stick with the same for all summer right?"

That's right.

message 49: by Jess (last edited Oct 02, 2018 06:41AM) (new)

Jess Penhallow | 216 comments Hope I'm okay to join a bit late

Bonus Word: Subtropical

Pages Read: 4603
Bonus Points:13

Books read: Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides The Fishermen by Chigozie Obioma (2 points) The Magpies (The Magpies, #1) by Mark Edwards Oranges Are Not the Only Fruit by Jeanette Winterson (1 point) The Cartel by Don Winslow (1 point) The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware (2 points) One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey (1 point) The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (1 point) Margaret the First by Danielle Dutton The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman (1 point) To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (3 points) Sapiens A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari (1 point)

message 50: by Frederic (new)

Frederic | 6 comments Leane wrote: "Frederic wrote: "Good Afternoon, just to be clear I can choose between those 3 words and need to stick with the same for all summer right?"

That's right."

Thank You:)

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.