Book of The Month discussion

Book Swap > Book Swap Discussions

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (thehispanicbookworm) | 314 comments Is anyone interested in doing a book swap? Example: In search of: Circe (and then provide a link to a shelf where you have all your book of the month books that you are willing to swap.)
Let me know your thoughts, suggestions, and opinions on this topic.

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Vogel | 6 comments I was actually searching out a BOTMC group on GR for the purposes of swapping 😊

message 3: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (thehispanicbookworm) | 314 comments Jennifer wrote: "I was actually searching out a BOTMC group on GR for the purposes of swapping 😊"

I think I'm going to go ahead and create a folder for book swap talks. I never really heard much on this topic from anyone but that could be my fault. I should have created a poll on this topic.

message 4: by Maria (new)

Maria Lorson (marialorson) | 2 comments I would love to do this!

message 5: by Adrianna (new)

Adrianna Lamm (autismreading_mom) I would be interested

♥ Sandi ❣	I would be interested. I have another group that also does swaps.

Instead of each person making a new shelf for swaps what about everyone just listing what they have to trade in a post? Then as deals are made everyone goes back into their post and eliminates those books traded. That way all books to be traded are in one spot and you don't have to go from person to person to see what they are willing to trade.

A question - will this be limited to just BoTM books, or will say, all ARC's be trade-able?

♥ Sandi ❣	Going to ask this question here, to keep the swap thread clean ~~

Will this Swap thread be limited to just BoTM books, or will it also include other ARC's that are not BoTM books?

message 8: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (thehispanicbookworm) | 314 comments go ahead and list your arcs if you'd like just identify which ones are ARCs and which one's are BOTM editions

message 9: by Elsa (last edited Dec 10, 2020 03:03PM) (new)

Elsa Carrion (ecarrion) | 490 comments Adriana I PMed? you.
I have one you want The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell and you have one I want The Chestnut Man by Søren Sveistrup just not on my top 5 but it will do it's on my BOTM Wish List.

message 10: by Elsa (last edited Dec 10, 2020 05:34PM) (new)

Elsa Carrion (ecarrion) | 490 comments Madeline wrote: "Beasts of Extraordinary Circumstances
The Silent Patient
The Water Dancer

(I have more none BOTM books if anyone wants these)
Good Omens
In a Dark, Dark Wood
All of the Ugly and Wondeful Things

Madeline

I was pretty sure All the Ugly and Wonderful Things was a BOTM selection.

message 11: by Madeline (new)

Madeline | 83 comments It is, but I have a used, non BOM copy. Didn't know if people were particular.

message 12: by Marinel (new)

Marinel DeBerry | 23 comments Hi there. I am interested and new at this. Can I get a breakdown on how this would work? Are we swapping physical books? ebooks?

Thanks in advance!

message 13: by Mel (new)

Mel (melnichole) | 4 comments I am definitely interested in this!

message 14: by Trisha (last edited Jan 26, 2021 09:06AM) (new)

Trisha | 428 comments yeah, I'd be interested in this.
I have a group that are doing their BOTM book club so I have access to 3 or 4 copies of the books at times....

I'd be open to sending things.

also, just so everyone knows, when mailing JUST BOOKS, you can get a special rate at the USPS - it's I think for "shipping entertainment" but just make sure you don't ship anything else in the container but books. Just let them know you are shipping books only and they'll apply the discount.

I just sent 4 BOTM books from GA to CO for just over $5.00

message 15: by Elsa (new)

Elsa Carrion (ecarrion) | 490 comments Madeline wrote: "It is, but I have a used, non BOM copy. Didn't know if people were particular."

You list what you want to trade, you can make to list one that came from BOTM and those that didn't.

message 16: by Elsa (new)

Elsa Carrion (ecarrion) | 490 comments Marinel wrote: "Hi there. I am interested and new at this. Can I get a breakdown on how this would work? Are we swapping physical books? ebooks?

Thanks in advance!"

It's totally up to you. If you have all three (ebooks, BOTM books, or other books make three list also besides them state weather they are paperbacks or hardbacks.

message 17: by Elsa (new)

Elsa Carrion (ecarrion) | 490 comments Post your list herehttps://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... and come back and discuss here.

message 18: by Trisha (new)

Trisha | 428 comments is it okay if I make my own swap/books I have thread??

I have A LOT of book of the month books I need to read and then, I'll just flip them over to swap books...I can make it and then you can let me know if I need to delete it (or you can delete it) if that works okay?

message 19: by Elsa (new)

Elsa Carrion (ecarrion) | 490 comments Sounds good to me. Make your own.

message 20: by Cheryl (new)