The Fandom Entries & Monthly Readathons discussion

Unpopular Opinions > Popular Books I'll Never Read

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

Lou (aliceinbagend) | 527 comments Mod
No hate guys, but I have 0% interest in reading these books. I can't say "I'll never read them" because I daresay my curiosity might get the better of me, but as of now, I have no intention of reading these.

First one is,
A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin Now I love fantasy. Especially high fantasy. But I don't have any interest in reading A Game of Thrones. At all. I'm sorry. I think it's mostly because I don't like reading about gore and sex, just for the sake of gore and sex. Unless it's a vital part of the story, adding gore and sex is just 'meh' to me. Another reason, is because of how darn big and intimidating the books are. I love big books, but reading 800 pages of a series I know I'll probably not enjoy is just too much.

Next one,
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell *sighs* Well we all know how much I hated Rainbow Rowell's Landline, gosh I even did a review on how awful it was. I hated Rowell's writing style and everything about the book was horrid. Thing is, I was going to read Fangirl, was even about to put it on loan from the library but then I went to the library and found Landline instead, read Landline and have no intention of reading any other of Rowell's books. Plus reading a book with a book inside that book is not something I like.

Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1) by E.L. James Hahahahahahahaaahahahahaha. No, thank you.

Twilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie Meyer Hmm... I've watched bits of the movies, never sat down to watch it all. But I've just never been a fan of vampires. And over protective men. And unhealthy/unrealistic relationships. And useless female protagonists. So, no. Same with Vampire Academy, enough with the Vampires already. I want to read Count Dracula though...

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green This one's really sad, because I love the vlogbrothers and really wanted to get with the hype, but I just can't get into Green's writing style. I didn't reach the end of the first chapter. #imsorry

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare I don't know, it just hasn't spiked my interest. I've read a chapter of Clockwork Angel and like that, so I might just only read that series and not The Mortal Instruments.

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher I like books that make me feel good and maybe happy, ones I enjoy, I don't like depressing books. Well, this one's definitely not a feel-good book...

Well, that's all for now, what are some of your books you never want to read?

⭐Anny⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) | 175 comments I'm with you on Thirteen Reasons Why. I didn't watch the show and neither have I intentions to read the book.

The Raven Cycle. Yes it's popular, but whenever I read the synopsis it does nothing to me.

Fifty Shades of Grey - it's just not my genre. I don't see me reading any erotica (or whatever it is^^) ever.

message 3: by Mar ✨ (new)

Mar ✨ (carstairslover) | 101 comments I don't want to read Harry Potter or see the movies.
Everyone has read that saga that doesn't interest me because it is so common.

The Lunar Chronicles doesn't hook me up neither.

Eleanor and Park of Rowell just bored me in the first chapter

Lora (on hiatus) | 106 comments Any of John Green's books, I hated the Fault in Our Stars and will probably never read anything else.

message 5: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

Lou (aliceinbagend) | 527 comments Mod
⭐Anni⭐ wrote: "I'm with you on Thirteen Reasons Why. I didn't watch the show and neither have I intentions to read the book.

The Raven Cycle. Yes it's popular, but whenever I read the synopsis it does nothing to..."

I tried the Raven Cycle. I just couldn't get into it. Might try again another time, but, like you, it doesn't really spike my interest.

message 6: by Ruby (new)

Ruby | 36 comments I tried the Raven Cycle as well and I won't be reading the rest of them! I read the first book and I was so bored! Normally I even try to read the follow ups on not so stellar books but not with this one!