Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Romantic Suspense > Which romantic suspense books are you reading lately?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 9732 comments Mod
Tell us about your latest RS reads here.

message 2: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

I just finished reading an ARC for Virtue Falls by Christina Dodd and it was very good. If I am to be picky, there were a couple of points I could make, but overall, very good.

I really believe in the love between Elizabeth and Garik, and I'm so glad they got a second chance together.

message 3: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) I just finished Whispers in the Dark by Maya Banks and loved it!
Whispers in the Dark (KGI, #4) by Maya Banks

message 4: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Starting Killer Heat (Dept 6 Hired Guns, #3) by Brenda Novak - the first book in this series was only so-so but the 2nd book is fantastic. I'm hoping this one will live up to expectations.

message 5: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) I'm reading Echoes at Dawn by Maya Banks.
Echoes at Dawn (KGI, #5) by Maya Banks

message 6: by Pamela(AllHoney), Danger Zone (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 1706 comments Mod
Just read You Belong to Me (Romantic Suspense, #12) by Karen Rose and now reading No One Left to Tell (Romantic Suspense, #13) by Karen Rose

message 7: by Kate (new)

Kate | 56 comments Recently read Explosive by Beth Kery - really enjoyed it. Beth Kery is a new author for me and I will definitely read more of her romantic suspense novels.

message 8: by Oleander (new)

Oleander | 53 comments Just started Trace of Fever (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #2) by Lori Foster This book has a great beginning. On page one we find out that the hero is working undercover to bring down human trafficking and there is a psycho bitch that wants in his pants. In chapter 2 we have a naughty pat down. Off to a great start.

message 9: by Peacock (new)

Peacock I really liked that Jodi foster series!

Susan (the other Susan) (theothersusan) | 259 comments Looking forward to the new Sandra Brown later in August -but disappointed that the audiobook won't be narrated by Victor Slezak.

message 11: by Sonya (new)

Sonya Heaney I read Light Up the Night (I'm linking to an external site because Goodreads broke the book's page!).

I really like how the (male) author makes his heroines as heroic and capable as the heroes.

message 12: by Heather (last edited Aug 16, 2014 09:29AM) (new)

Heather Blair (lovelyshivers) | 3 comments I loved Explicit Instruction (Explicit, #1) by Scarlett Finn Talk about a dangerous hero....!!

message 13: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t Oleander wrote: "Just started Trace of Fever (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #2) by Lori Foster This book has a great beginning. On page one we find out that the hero is working undercover to bring down human trafficking and there is a psycho bi..."

really good series.

message 14: by Pallavi (new)

Pallavi (threequartersthedevil) | 76 comments Mean Streak by Sandra Brown

It's giving me the "Chill Factor" vibes till now. Hopefully it'll pick up.

I love the way Sandra Brown writes her men.

Susan (the other Susan) (theothersusan) | 259 comments Waiting for my next Audible credit to get the new Sandra Brown... The Not-Victor-Skezak's-Voice Sandra Brown. :-(

message 16: by Charlie (new)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 14 comments Heather wrote: "I loved Explicit Instruction (Explicit, #1) by Scarlett Finn Talk about a dangerous hero....!!"

I read this book this year and really enjoyed it. i'd quite like a sequel :)

I've just read the first 6 books in the Uncovering You series Uncovering You The Contract (Uncovering You, #1) by Scarlett Edwards . What a mind f**k! It's dark romance/ romantic suspense and it's a rollercoaster of emotions. Jeremy is the ultimate dangerous hero (anti-hero?). I both love and hate him.

April   ♥"LOS" ♥ (amp2514) | 126 comments @Charlie-I saw that you enjoyed Explicit Instruction, I wanted to let you know that there is a sequel out Explicit Detail (Explicit, #2) by Scarlett Finn
http://www.amazon.com/Explicit-Detail...

And the third book, Explicit Memory (Explicit, #3) by Scarlett Finn is coming out on Dec. 26th!
http://www.amazon.com/Explicit-Memory...

message 18: by Charlie (new)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 14 comments April ♥"Lover of Stu" ♥ wrote: "@Charlie-I saw that you enjoyed Explicit Instruction, I wanted to let you know that there is a sequel out Explicit Detail (Explicit, #2) by Scarlett Finn
http://www.amazon.com/Explicit-Detail...-..."

Thanks! I'll definitely get to those :)

April   ♥"LOS" ♥ (amp2514) | 126 comments Charlie just wanted to let you know that Explicit Memory Explicit Memory (Explicit, #3) by Scarlett Finn is now on sale on Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O...

message 20: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "Just read You Belong to Me (Romantic Suspense, #12) by Karen Rose and now reading No One Left to Tell (Romantic Suspense, #13) by Karen Rose"

I know this is an older post but I am just curious, did you read books 1-11 first? It seems that this series might a few different stories going on?

message 21: by Cindi (new)

Cindi (ourtrumpcard) | 381 comments Ashley wrote: "Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "Just read You Belong to Me (Romantic Suspense, #12) by Karen Rose and now reading No One Left to Tell (Romantic Suspense, #13) by Karen Rose"

I know this is an older post but I am just curious, did you read b..."

Ashley, I love this series! The first few books, not so much, but definitely those further in the series need to be read in order. And they are worth reading!!!

message 22: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) I agree with Cindi. Karen Rose's books are excellent. I would recommend reading in order as all of the books are connected, some more closely than others, but characters from earlier books are always popping in.

message 23: by Pamela(AllHoney), Danger Zone (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 1706 comments Mod
Ashley wrote: "Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "Just read You Belong to Me (Romantic Suspense, #12) by Karen Rose and now reading No One Left to Tell (Romantic Suspense, #13) by Karen Rose"

I know this is an older post but I am just curious, did you read b..."

You Belong to Me actually starts a new series. But Most of Karen Rose books stand pretty well on their own. Mostly connected through characters.

message 24: by Kate (new)

Kate | 56 comments Love romantic suspense novels! There are some authors here I have never read but will definitely take a look at the books listed above. Thanks!

I recently read Envy by Sandra Brown. It was the first time I ever read one of her books and wouldn't hesitate to read more.

message 25: by Dawn (new)

Dawn Ireland (goodreadscomdawn_ireland) | 50 comments I enjoy The Last Victim series by Karen Robards. It has a paranormal element and serial killers, plus an ongoing romance that makes me sigh.

message 26: by Deborah (last edited Oct 02, 2015 01:03PM) (new)

Deborah Camp (deborahcamp) | 8 comments Charlie wrote: "Heather wrote: "I loved Explicit Instruction (Explicit, #1) by Scarlett Finn Talk about a dangerous hero....!!"

I read this book this year and really enjoyed it. i'd quite like a sequel :)

I've just read th..."

Didn't like The Uncovering series of novellas at all. I thought they were a big tease and that the "hero" was too f**ked up to be an antihero. He was actually mentally unstable.

Susan (the other Susan) (theothersusan) | 259 comments Really enjoyed Friction, the new Sandra Brown. A big relief after hating Mean Streak.

message 28: by Ren Puspita (new)

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) Just finish read Forgotten Sins (Sin Brothers, #1) by Rebecca Zanetti some days ago. Is it just me or this book have so many similarities with The Darkest Hour (KGI, #1) by Maya Banks ??

message 29: by JoRead (new)

JoRead | 19 comments I got to read the ARC for Edge of Danger (Deadly Ops, #4) by Katie Reus Edge of Danger (Deadly Ops #4) by Katie Reus and I have to say it was pretty awesome! It will go live Nov/3/2015 =D

message 30: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 1 comments I just finished Transcending Darkness by Airicka Phoenix...READ IT!!! Definitely won't be disappointed!Transcending Darkness

message 31: by MadameZelda (new)

MadameZelda Jenny wrote: "I just finished Transcending Darkness by Airicka Phoenix...READ IT!!! Definitely won't be disappointed!Transcending Darkness"

This sounds pretty good! If my sis doesn't get it, I will.

message 32: by Kate (new)

Kate | 56 comments I have been reading the For Me series by Cynthia Eden. The first book is Die For Me A Novel of the Valentine Killer (For Me, #1) by Cynthia Eden . I really enjoyed it. Her Deadly series was good also.

message 33: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Kate wrote: "I have been reading the For Me series by Cynthia Eden. The first book is Die For Me A Novel of the Valentine Killer (For Me, #1) by Cynthia Eden. I really enjoyed it. Her Deadly series was good also."

I've heard good things about those, Kate.

message 34: by MadameZelda (new)

MadameZelda Kate wrote: "I have been reading the For Me series by Cynthia Eden. The first book is Die For Me A Novel of the Valentine Killer (For Me, #1) by Cynthia Eden. I really enjoyed it. Her Deadly series was good also."

This book sounds great. Thanks. It's also on KU which is good as I can borrow from my sister.

message 35: by Kate (new)

Kate | 56 comments Danielle and Madam Zelda

The first two in the series were really good, lots of action, suspense and a great romance. It was a good balance of all three. I just started the third one Scream for Me. Hoping this one is just as good!

message 36: by MadameZelda (new)

MadameZelda Kate wrote: "Danielle and Madam Zelda

The first two in the series were really good, lots of action, suspense and a great romance. It was a good balance of all three. I just started the third one [book:Scream f..."

Thanks for the info!

message 37: by Marian (new)

Marian | 3 comments I'm reading Shards of Hope by Nalini Singh at the moment - I've seen some comments that people haven't loved it as much as her other books but she has lots of threads going withing the novel which has kept me turning pages and reading when I should be doing other things. I think she has the suspense down to a fine art. Shards of Hope

message 38: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Marian wrote: "I'm reading Shards of Hope by Nalini Singh at the moment - I've seen some comments that people haven't loved it as much as her other books but she has lots of threads going withing the novel which ..."

I enjoy the Psy/Changeling series. I like how she keeps things fresh.

message 39: by Bambi (new)

Bambi Teague | 4 comments I'm currently reading "Black Ice" by Ann Stuart. Had lots of mixed reviews but sounded like something I would enjoy and after tackling the first few chapters I was right. Think I will look into one of her later works next.

Susan (the other Susan) (theothersusan) | 259 comments Bambi, the Ice series is great! Have fun.

message 41: by Bambi (new)

Bambi Teague | 4 comments Susan (the other Susan) wrote: "Bambi, the Ice series is great! Have fun."
It was a lot of fun. A bit too
slow at first tho.

message 42: by Indy (new)

Indy | 7 comments Devoured this duet - 5 stars for both books which is so rare! Echo (Bleeding Hearts, #1) by A. Zavarelli Stutter (Bleeding Hearts #2) by A. Zavarelli

Susan (the other Susan) (theothersusan) | 259 comments YUM! I just finished Sandra Brown's "Sting," and I'm in love with the hero. Deliciously narrated by actor Stephen Lang for the audiobook. Shaw Kinnard is hired to do a hit on a woman whose brother double-crossed a crime boss. Instead, Shaw shoots his partner-assassin and kidnaps Jordie, taking her to a ramshackle building in the bayous of Louisiana for sweaty days and nights of interrogation. Shaw thinks Jordie knows where her brother is hiding out, and also believes that the brother stole $30 million from the crime boss. If the brother will pay more for her alive, he tells Jordie, then Shaw might turn down the $2 million price on her head. Twists and turns - none that are terribly shocking; DEFCON 5 sex scenes and a satisfying HEA. It's formulaic, but well done.

message 44: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethwilliams) This Sandra Brown fan did not like 'Sting', and it pains me to say so. The previous one, 'Friction', I thought was much better and much more interesting. Everything in 'Sting' felt like same old same old and not because of the curse of the formula. The hero to me felt like a pale copy of other similarly conceived but much better written male characters in Sandra's oeuvre. The heroine was another reason I did not like the book, her relation to her brother was poorly conceived and even more poorly executed, and the love story was not at all convincing either.

I'm going to try one of the suggested above, Christina Dodd's (never read her before) 'Virtue Falls'.

message 45: by ⚓ Basil ⚓ (new)

⚓ Basil ⚓ I've been reading Laura Griffin's Tracer series, starts with Untraceable (Tracers, #1) by Laura Griffin . I'm really enjoying it.

Susan (the other Susan) (theothersusan) | 259 comments Elizabeth, I'm a long-time fan of Christina Dodd's historical romances (witty, charming, lots of tortured heroes who get a comeuppance in the form of some groveling, and strong heroines. Especially recommend her series, "Governess Brides." As for Dodd's venture into the romantic suspense genre, I need to give a closer look... Sorry you didn't like Sting.

message 47: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Susan (the other Susan) wrote: "YUM! I just finished Sandra Brown's "Sting," and I'm in love with the hero. Deliciously narrated by actor Stephen Lang for the audiobook. Shaw Kinnard is hired to do a hit on a woman whose brother ..."

Looking forward to this one.

message 48: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

I really liked Virtue Falls by Dodd. The reviews for Obsession Falls aren't as good, unfortunately. Haven't read it yet though.

message 49: by Lisa - (Aussie Girl) (last edited Oct 23, 2016 09:30PM) (new)

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) I've just discovered Sandra Brown. Absolutely loved Mean Streak and Lethal and agree Stingwasn't quite up to the standard of the first two but still very readable. She does write a good hero.

message 50: by Angel (new)

Angel Couper | 26 comments I am on a Tall,Dark and Dangerous series by Suzanne Brockmann binge.

« previous 1