a true crime book club. discussion

Off Topic Discussion > Off Topic Discussion

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mel (new)

Mel (gingergonzoreads) | 652 comments Mod
I thought that it might be a cool idea, as a way to better get to know each other, we could have an off topic page where we can kind of rant or rave or just be silly.

My current rant : I had to get a tooth pulled on Tuesday and I feel like I cant do anything normal for another day or so because I don't want to get a dry socket. Im healing just great but, my mouth is sore and it's exhausting me!

Buhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

message 2: by Gaia (new)

Gaia (athenagaia) That sounds so painful :(, I hope you feel better soon!! Hugs.

message 3: by Mel (new)

Gaia wrote: "That sounds so painful :(, I hope you feel better soon!! Hugs."

<3 Thanks! Im being slightly dramatic but, yeah, it's no fun. What I have to remember is that having my problem child tooth removed will make life even better in the long run.

Emmie.Reads.Books | 95 comments Mel wrote: "I thought that it might be a cool idea, as a way to better get to know each other, we could have an off topic page where we can kind of rant or rave or just be silly.

My current rant : I had to ge..."

That reminds me of when I had one of my wisdom teeth taken out. It is the worst!!! I hope you get to feeling better soon!

P.S. Good idea with the thread. :)

message 5: by Mel (new)

Thanks, Emily! :) I think I’m almost through the worst of it, thank god. Honestly, I think I just need more rest so when I get home from work I’ll be surrounding myself with my dogs and books and parking it on my couch.

message 6: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (52gatos) | 73 comments Oh gosh I hope you heal quickly! I might be in the same boat soon ... I have a bottom wisdom tooth that's impacted and it's pushing pretty hard on my last molar.

I hope you're relaxing and getting a lot of reading done!

message 7: by Mel (new)

Vanessa wrote: "Oh gosh I hope you heal quickly! I might be in the same boat soon ... I have a bottom wisdom tooth that's impacted and it's pushing pretty hard on my last molar.

I hope you're relaxing and gettin..."

Thank you! :) I had my last molar on my right side pulled because it cracked & abscessed. Not fun stuff. My husband has been a dream all week. He made sure I had water and took my meds on time, went out and got my RXs & ice cream. Im really, really lucky.

Lots of rest and reading is the plan this weekend. We kind of made our living room into a fort so, it'll be nice and cozy.

message 8: by J.N. (new)

J.N. (jncahill) | 299 comments Mel wrote: "I thought that it might be a cool idea, as a way to better get to know each other, we could have an off topic page where we can kind of rant or rave or just be silly.

My current rant : I had to ge..."

Tooth stuff is the worst! <3

message 9: by Ginny (new)

Ginny Grzech | 3 comments I don't know where else to post this so I am hoping someone here can give me the answer. Where can I find the Book clubs upcoming books? I have this weeks Endless Night but I can't find a list of books. I am sure I am just not looking in the right place but I don't know where the right place might be. Any help would be wonderful. Thank you in advance.l
Ginny

message 10: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (52gatos) | 73 comments The thread titled reading schedule has a list of dates and corresponding books!

message 11: by Mom2triplets04 (new)

Mom2triplets04 | 38 comments Am I the only one who DNF's books often? I can't seem to finish a book unless it's like a 4 or 5 star book. If it's a 3 I tend to DNF it. I get bored very quickly and I jump from book to book.

Never finished Heaven. Never finished She's come undone.

I'm afraid to read Chances because it's huge

and I bought all the books for heaven series plus endless night which I never even had time to get to.

message 12: by Katelyn (new)

Katelyn | 4 comments Mom2triplets04 - I would suggest just start Chances. I read it years ago and wasn’t expecting much but, although it’s long, it’s one of the best books I’ve ever read. It got me going on a Jackie Collins splurge and I used to be really embarrassed about that but I don’t worry about that anymore.
If you have never read any of her books I say just give it a try, they are much different to what I imagined the stereotype was. Just give it a few chapters and see how you go.
Hope you love :)

message 13: by Mom2triplets04 (new)

Mom2triplets04 | 38 comments I read 50 pages of chances last night! Wow I was not bored at all! It’s very problematic topics though. Hope the pacing stays this way and she doesn’t lose my interest.

message 14: by Mel (new)

I can assure you that it gets more Mafia and less assault-y

message 15: by Katelyn (new)

Katelyn | 4 comments Glad you are liking it. They are such good books.

Emmie.Reads.Books | 95 comments OMG! Did anyone see Peter's new video yet??? Harry Potter read along, yes please!

message 17: by Mel (new)

I’ll be taking a pass. I couldn’t care less about Harry Potter.

message 18: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (52gatos) | 73 comments I'm passing as well since I've read them all already. It's a Jackie Collins life for me.

message 19: by Mel (new)

Vanessa wrote: "I'm passing as well since I've read them all already. It's a Jackie Collins life for me."

TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTH

message 20: by J.N. (new)

J.N. (jncahill) | 299 comments Emily wrote: "OMG! Did anyone see Peter's new video yet??? Harry Potter read along, yes please!"

I just did this last year and sadly don't really have time to do it again but I hope you guys have a great time. About time Peter got on board lol. He should definitely check out the audio books. I'm behind on videos but I did see a title for that one!

message 21: by Call Me Shivi (new)

Call Me Shivi | 1 comments I finished Order of the Phoenix recently but this is the first time I’m reading the series! I’m going to read the little companion books(quidditch through the ages and fantastic beasts) before going into book 6. Can’t wait to rewatch the movies(which I will finally understand! Haha)

message 22: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (la_medusa) I've been reading HP for the first time over the past couple years.

They're alright.

Probably gonna get around to Prisoner of Azkaban for Booktubeathon since it checks off several of the challenges for me (like 5 of them, lol).