Play Book Tag discussion

After You (Me Before You, #2)
This topic is about After You
Archive: Other Books > After You by Jojo Moyes 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Charlotte | 1663 comments After You by Jojo Moyes
3 stars

There was a review on Me Before You and it reminded me how much I enjoyed that book and movie, so it made me want to read this one.

It was kind of apropo for me to read it this month. June is a hard month for me since it is Father's Day, the anniversary of my dad's passing and my dad's birthday all within a week of each other. This book followed Louisa as she deals with the grief after Will.

I struggled through the first part of the book and kept putting it down. The grief part was interesting as I've been going through it for the last couple of years and always seem to get hit by it in June more so than in other months.

I did not like this book as much as I did the previous one but I did not dislike it enough to not read the next one (was that too many negatives??) ... in other words, I'll be reading the next one because I'm interested in finding out what happens next. I think someone commented on the other review that they liked Still Me better than After You, so I'm looking forward to that one.

Cheryl  (cherylllr) I'm sorry for your loss. May the man who raised a such a wonderful daughter, who still misses him so much, never be forgotten.

I'm looking to read the whole trilogy myself, decision based especially on your comments and similar ones. But I'm still torn. I need help deciding. Now, of course, you don't know me well enough to give specific answers, but I'm gonna ask the questions anyway. :)

Do I reread the first, considering that I don't remember it as well as I think I maybe should? And do I have the other two ready, so I can read them all close together? Or else, it actually good to take big breaks between them?

Charlotte | 1663 comments Cheryl wrote: "I'm sorry for your loss. May the man who raised a such a wonderful daughter, who still misses him so much, never be forgotten.

I'm looking to read the whole trilogy myself, decision based especial..."

Good questions.... hmmmm.... I guess it depends on how long it's been since you read the last one. I don't feel like Moyes "recaps" as much as other authors do. But I don't think you need the big recap as long as you remember the broad strokes of what happened, at least 1 -> 2 since I haven't read 3 yet, so I can't comment on 2 -> 3.

If it was me, depending how long it's been, I might consider watching the movie or sometimes I pull up the plot on wiki to remind me, if I'm not excited about reading the whole book again... that's what I'd probably do since I'm enjoying the series but not enough to read whole books over again.

Hope that helps!!

Cheryl  (cherylllr) Thanks!

message 5: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy | 9343 comments I am super close to my beloved father. And so appreciate why this month must be so difficult. I think all the time about how precious time is, and what he means to me. My heart is with you.

I actually enjoyed the first book but like the second one even better. That was just me. Not a lot of people agreed with me on that. Absolutely warmed to my heart.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

After You (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jojo Moyes (other topics)