What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Children's book with short stories/fairy tales. One is about 3 girls (dolls?) living on a shelf, they're trying to charm a prince. Read between 1989 and 1991.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hera (new)

Hera | 3 comments Hello everyone,

I've been trying to find this book for ages with no luck.
It's a children's book with short-stories/fairy tales. One of them is about three girls (or dolls?) living on a shelf. They're all trying to charm this prince, but they only have one leg, one eye(if I remember correctly), and one wig. So , If I remember right, they kind of steal from each other.
I read the book between 1989 and 1991
Please help me , if any of this rings a bell

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36489 comments Mod
Hera, I added plot details to the topic header. Feel free to update it using the small "edit" link on the desktop website (not the mobile app).

message 3: by Hera (new)

Hera | 3 comments thank you!!

message 4: by Abigail (new)

Abigail (handmaiden) | 391 comments Reminds me of the Gray Sisters, or Graeae, from Greek mythology. They only had one tooth and one eye between the three of them. Could your book have been humorous retellings of--or maybe just humorous stories inspired by--myths/folktales/fairy tales?

message 5: by Hera (new)

Hera | 3 comments You're right! It's very similar to the "Graeae"greek myth. Never made the connection!
I'm pretty sure though that it was a children's book and had other stories as well, but for some reason I only remember that one...

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40558 comments Mod
Hera, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 7: by Florence (new)

Florence | 649 comments I think this might be in sleepyland stories by Enid blyton!