YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Murder on the Orient Express (Hercule Poirot, #9)
This topic is about Murder on the Orient Express
BUDDY READ: Mystery/Crime > Hercule Poirot #10: Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie - Restarting March 2nd 2020

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 48922 comments Mod
What more can a mystery addict desire than a much-loathed murder victim found aboard the luxurious Orient Express with multiple stab wounds, thirteen likely suspects, an incomparably brilliant detective in Hercule Poirot, and the most ingenious crime ever conceived?

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 48922 comments Mod
Murder (view spoiler)

I really didn't have (view spoiler)

I have no idea how Poirot (view spoiler)

Murderer (view spoiler)

Review: Bleh definitely wouldn't have picked this one up myself. Only read it for a challenge that required a train on the cover, which didn't leave me much option. I think I need to watch the movie now though XD Even though I didn't pay much attention in the middle, I know the ending. Don't see how it could become movie-length though, but hey guess I'll find out.
The narrator was exceptional, I have to say. All of the different nationalities and accents, tone of voice, gender. It was all done so well. And it didn't even matter that it was #10 in a series. I just ignored that fact. Normally that's something I cannot do, but it didn't make a difference. Not my kind of story.

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 85723 comments Mod
************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Date changed. Restarting March 2nd 2019. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Karen Barber | 11321 comments First few chapters feels like pulling on a familiar item of clothing. Never read the book but feel I can imagine it perfectly.

Karen Barber | 11321 comments End of part two. Surprised by the attitudes expressed here, and the casual laying of a false trail is rather expertly done.

Karen Barber | 11321 comments Got confused with my chapters! Up to ch9 of part two. The interviews are interesting and I’m aware that crucial information is being laid here, but it’s not immediately apparent.

Karen Barber | 11321 comments Finished. Jill, I can’t wait to see what you make of this. I haven’t read much by Agatha Christie, and there are elements about it that bother me. However, as a mystery it’s done well, and I am curious to see how this would be filmed.

Jill | 2898 comments (view spoiler)
Part 1 Ch 5

End of Part 1

message 10: by Jill (new) - rated it 4 stars

Part 2 Ch 12

message 11: by Jill (new) - rated it 4 stars

Part 3 Ch 2

message 12: by Jill (new) - rated it 4 stars

End

message 13: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22839 comments ************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Date changed. Restarting March 2nd 2020. Happy Reading ☺

Ashleigh | 3374 comments Chapter 3 - (view spoiler)

Ashleigh | 3374 comments Part 2 Chapter 5 - (view spoiler)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8811 comments Ashleigh wrote: "Chapter 3 - I love a good murder mystery in an isolated location.

This is reminding me a lot of And Then Were None with the beginning of the book introducing all the players and putting them altog..."

Isolated settings are my favourite, in thrillers. I love the claustrophobic feelings and the limited cast of characters, as it really enhances the atmosphere for me.

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8811 comments First quarter - (view spoiler)

Ashleigh | 3374 comments Dannii wrote: "Ashleigh wrote: "Chapter 3 - I love a good murder mystery in an isolated location.

This is reminding me a lot of And Then Were None with the beginning of the book introducing all the players and p..."

Oh me too! It definitely adds to the suspense. Some of my favourite thrillers have had isolated settings, so yeah I love it!

Ashleigh | 3374 comments Dannii wrote: "First quarter - This is my second time reading this but I can't remember who was victim or murderer were. It feels like the first time reading it, again.

I love Poirot's character. He has such a d..."

(view spoiler)

Ashleigh | 3374 comments Part 2 Chapter 9 - (view spoiler)

Ashleigh | 3374 comments Part 2 Chapter 12 - (view spoiler)

message 22: by Dannii (last edited Mar 02, 2020 12:57PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8811 comments Second quarter - (view spoiler)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8811 comments Ashleigh wrote: "Part 2 Chapter 5

I loved her character! She really made me laugh.

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8811 comments Ashleigh wrote: "Part 2 Chapter 12 - [spoilers removed]"

I can't stop wondering about (view spoiler)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8811 comments Third quarter - (view spoiler)

message 26: by Dannii (last edited Mar 02, 2020 02:15PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8811 comments Fourth quarter - (view spoiler)

Ashleigh | 3374 comments Finished - (view spoiler)

Ashleigh | 3374 comments Dannii wrote: "Fourth quarter - [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Ashleigh | 3374 comments Dannii wrote: "Ashleigh wrote: "Part 2 Chapter 12 - [spoilers removed]"

I can't stop wondering about [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8811 comments Ashleigh wrote: "Finished - [spoilers removed]"

It was such a good last quarter. I thought it was impossible that everything was going to come together s neatly, yet somehow it did. I have liked every Chrisite novel I have read but this is definitely one of my top three.

Let me know if you want to read any more of her work this month as this has got me in the mood for some classic crime :)