Hooked on Books discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > July 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 55 (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Nicole (last edited Jul 02, 2018 06:15AM) (new)

Nicole Dunton (willowstarserenity) Having trouble getting through your to read shelf? Can't decide what to read next? Would you like someone to choose a book for you to read? This is a monthly challenge where participants get paired up randomly and their partner picks a book for them to read. If this sounds like fun to you, welcome to this month's Pick It For Me challenge!

Sign ups end on the 24th. Partners will be assigned shortly thereafter. Book choices for your partners are to be given on or before the 1st. Please check back often during that time to be sure that you don't miss anything!

Guidelines
** Sign up below with your to-read shelf (or the shelf you prefer your picks to come from). Please do this so I will not have to guess which one.
* Please be sure that your profile is set to public, or that you friend your partner so that they can see your shelves. - IF YOUR PROFILE IS NOT SET TO PUBLIC, PLEASE PROVIDE A LIST FOR YOUR PARTNER TO CHOOSE FROM

If you do not plan to participate or are unsure if you can pick a novel for your partner, PLEASE, PLEASE do not sign up. It is very difficult to re-pair individuals once we are underway.

After your partner selects a book for you, be sure and check back in each week or so to let us know your progress. Tell us if you like the book, love it or think it is just so-so.

Participants:

Carrie Pick 2 picks for Siren Message 41

Catherine picks for Hermione (Must Friend) Message 40

Christine picks for Rachel Message 24

Hermione (Must Friend To View) picks for Nicole (Pick 2)Message 38

Jamie picks for Kendra (Must Friend) Message 34

Jen picks for Swaroop Message 30

Jesa picks for Kathy Message 48

Kathy picks for Jamie Message 25

Kendra (Must Friend To View) picks for Jen Message 28

Letica picks for Sara Message 29

Nicole Pick 2 picks for Christine Message 22

Rachel picks for Leticia Message 35

Sara picks for Samantha Message 26

Samantha picks for Catherine Message 48

Siren picks for Carrie (Pick 2) Message 37

Swaroop picks for Jesa Message 21

message 2: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Dunton (willowstarserenity) ||Swaroop|| wrote: "Greetings, Nicole!

I am in with my shelf: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list..."

Merry meet indeed! Go easy on me, please! I have big shoes to fill with this!

message 4: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Broyles | 533 comments I'm in with my Pick-it-for-me shelf https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 7: by Sara (new)

Sara Wortman I'm in :)

message 9: by Jen (new)

Jen (catlady1981) | 103 comments I'M IN:

message 14: by Jesa (new)

Jesa Burgoyne | 73 comments I’m in. Here’s to read shelf:

Check out my to-read bookshttps://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 15: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (slytherdor1987) | 91 comments I'm in. Please pick from here:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 16: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 97 comments I’d like to join, with my pick it for me shelf.

message 17: by Sara (new)

Sara Wortman Is this still going on? I haven't heard anything :[

message 18: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Dunton (willowstarserenity) Yes! I'm so sorry for being late you all! Everybody is partnered up now! Next month I'll be on time!

message 19: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Dunton (willowstarserenity) For Christine, I pick Luckiest Girl Alive. I actually have a copy of that book I need to read myself!

message 20: by Jamie (last edited Jun 27, 2018 12:39AM) (new)

Jamie | 28 comments Kendra, please set your profile to public or share a list of books to pick. :) I'll stick to the guidelines on this as I don't friend unknown private people (sorry).

message 21: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 1298 comments Rachel - I picked Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon

I have that book but I never read it

message 22: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Broyles | 533 comments Jamie, do I detect a fellow WOW player? Daphine, human warrior, lvl 110, Alleria here. Have you ever found a good list of the order to read the Warcraft novels? I keep looking for one but they all seem to be different. Anyway, of course, I picked The Well of Eternity (WarCraft War of the Ancients, #1) by Richard A. Knaak for you to read this month.

message 23: by Sara (new)

Sara Wortman Sammantha wrote: "I'm in! https://www.goodreads.com/review/list..."

For Samanatha, I pick Warcross (Warcross #1) by Marie Lu. I personally never read it but it sounds really good. Let me know how it is :)

message 24: by Kendra (new)

Kendra maidment (kendra_maidment) | 36 comments Jamie wrote: "Kendra, please set your profile to public or share a list of books to pick. :) I'll stick to the guidelines on this as I don't friend unknown private people (sorry)."

I changed it, I had to change my birth year because that was the problem.

message 25: by Kendra (new)

Kendra maidment (kendra_maidment) | 36 comments For Jen I pick Scythe by Neal Shusterman

message 26: by Leticia (new)

Leticia (leticiatoraci) | 448 comments For Sara I pick A Shadow Bright and Burning (Kingdom on Fire, #1) by Jessica Cluess

and if you want we can buddy read it since I'm reading this now.

message 27: by Jen (new)

Jen (catlady1981) | 103 comments For Swaroop: I pick a Gentleman in Moscow. I hope you enjoy.

message 28: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 28 comments Kendra wrote: "Jamie wrote: "Kendra, please set your profile to public or share a list of books to pick. :) I'll stick to the guidelines on this as I don't friend unknown private people (sorry)."

I changed it, I..."

No worries :) Its good to have certain things private :)

message 29: by Jamie (last edited Jun 27, 2018 12:30PM) (new)

Jamie | 28 comments Kathy wrote: "Jamie, do I detect a fellow WOW player? Daphine, human warrior, lvl 110, Alleria here. Have you ever found a good list of the order to read the Warcraft novels? I keep looking for one but they all ..."

I used to play but its been a couple years sadly. We stopped playing when my husband computer fell behind on requirements for the expansions and his uses a mac and we haven't had the $4000 to replace it with one he'd like. We hope to have enough $ to get him a new one end of this year with a bit of luck. I miss it. But yes I have played. Both Horde and Alliance lol (Alliance with my husband and I played Horde with some other families members that used to play).

Thanks for the pick! I look forward in finally starting the books :)

message 30: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 28 comments @Kendra, for you I pick Obsidio (The Illuminae Files, #3) by Amie Kaufman .

I'll actually be reading the first book of the series in a few days myself so I hope we both can enjoy our books in the series!

message 31: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 273 comments For Letica i picked The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy, #1) by Marie Rutkoski

message 32: by Leticia (new)

Leticia (leticiatoraci) | 448 comments Thanks Rachel!

message 33: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 97 comments For Carrie, I pick Emergency Contact and The Winner's Curse. Hope you enjoy!

message 34: by Hermione (new)

Hermione (hermionegrner_) | 49 comments For Nicole I pick Because You Love to Hate Me: 13 Tales of Villainy and A Stranger in the House.
Happy reading! I hope you enjoy them!

message 35: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Dunton (willowstarserenity) Hermione wrote: "For Nicole I pick Because You Love to Hate Me: 13 Tales of Villainy and A Stranger in the House.
Happy reading! I hope you enjoy them!"

Thank you very much!

message 36: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (slytherdor1987) | 91 comments For Hermione, I pick The Diviners by Libba Bray. I really liked that book; it was kind of slow to start but the story is gripping.

message 37: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 155 comments For Siren, I pick Dualed. Tt was a 4 star read for me, I hope you enjoy it.

message 38: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 155 comments Siren wrote: "For Carrie, I pick Emergency Contact and The Winner's Curse. Hope you enjoy!"

Thank you :)

message 39: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Dunton (willowstarserenity) Hopefully, everybody has picked for their partners and are excited to read! If not, I will pick books for those who need them tomorrow! :) And for anybody else who would like me to pick a book for them!

message 40: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 1298 comments Nicole I was wondering if you could pick another book for me because that other book you picked called Luckiest Girl Alive is downstairs and I have more books upstairs in my bedroom and in my Brother’s room

message 41: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Dunton (willowstarserenity) Christine wrote: "Nicole I was wondering if you could pick another book for me because that other book you picked called Luckiest Girl Alive is downstairs and I have more books upstairs in my bedroom..."

Sure! How about Taken by Dee Anderson?

message 42: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 1298 comments Yes that’s perfect and thanks

message 43: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Dunton (willowstarserenity) Christine wrote: "Yes that’s perfect and thanks"

You're welcome :)

message 44: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Dunton (willowstarserenity) I notice that two people did not have books chosen yet. I will go ahead and choose for them both.

For Kathy, I choose Batman Nightwalker (DC Icons, #2) by Marie Lu I'm interested in this too!

For Catherine, I choose Blood Gamble (Disrupted Magic, #2) by Melissa F. Olson I was so in love with those trilogies! I hope you enjoy!!!!

message 45: by Sammantha (new)

Sammantha (sammylouise) | 263 comments Sorry I'm a little late. I think my brain has melted from the heat. Can i still chose for my partner?

message 46: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Broyles | 533 comments Thanks Nicole! I just love comic book/movie heroes! I already have the next in this series on pre-order :)

message 47: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (slytherdor1987) | 91 comments Sammantha wrote: "Sorry I'm a little late. I think my brain has melted from the heat. Can i still chose for my partner?"

Hi Nicole: Thank you! I liked the first trilogy Scarlett was in and I've been procrastinating on this one.

Hi Sammantha: I'm your partner. Go for it!

message 48: by Sammantha (new)

Sammantha (sammylouise) | 263 comments Thanks! I choose Wild Beauty by Anna-Marie McLemore . I havent read it either so I'll read it this month too.

message 49: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (slytherdor1987) | 91 comments Sammantha wrote: "Thanks! I choose Wild Beauty by Anna-Marie McLemore. I havent read it either so I'll read it this month too."

Sweet! Let me know when you plan to start it. Maybe we can buddy read it. :)

message 50: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Dunton (willowstarserenity) Sammantha wrote: "Sorry I'm a little late. I think my brain has melted from the heat. Can i still chose for my partner?"

Go for it if you wish! They can read both of our picks or choose! And don't sweat it! Things happen! :)

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.