SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

General Discussion > Kindle Worlds Closing

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 24174 comments One of my author newsletters just mentioned that Kindle Worlds is shutting down in July and she said that leaves her book up in the air.

In other words she's not sure whether she'll be able to sell that book later on.

Not sure why they're closing, and I sure hope that we'll be able to buy them after July, cause a lot of my favourite authors and series have them and being a non US person, I couldn't buy them without going through some serious hoops.

What does everyone think? Did you buy these books? Are you going to buy them now in case they cease to be?

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) | 1976 comments It's wrong of them to leave authors not knowing if they can still sell the existing books.

message 3: by AliciaJ (new)

AliciaJ | 576 comments What is Kindle Worlds?

message 4: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 24174 comments Alicia, it is an amazon thing, only available to those in the US. Usually a spin off series by multi-authors. Some authors I know some I don't, so perhaps it was a way to try new authors, however, my biggest peeve was it was only available in the US. And an explanation for that was never forthcoming.

Original Series
Touch of Frost (Magic, New Mexico, #1) by S.E. Smith
Kindle Worlds
Tangling With Topper (Magic, New Mexico; My Crazy Alien Romance #1) by Donna McDonald Etched In Stone (Magic, New Mexico) by Susan Hayes In Graves Below (Magic, New Mexico) by Carol Van Natta Taste of Wicked (Magic, New Mexico) by Michelle Howard Touch of Fire (Magic, New Mexico) by Michele Callahan Guarding Grayson (Magic, New Mexico) by Cathryn Cade A Touch of Mayhem (Magic, New Mexico) by Geri Foster A Touch of Patience (Magic, New Mexico) by Evelyn Lederman etc

message 5: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 24174 comments Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) wrote: "It's wrong of them to leave authors not knowing if they can still sell the existing books."

Totally agree Debbie.

message 6: by AliciaJ (new)

AliciaJ | 576 comments Sandra wrote: "Alicia, it is an amazon thing, only available to those in the US. Usually a spin off series by multi-authors. Some authors I know some I don't, so perhaps it was a way to try new authors, however, ..."

Oh now I see. I’ve actually read a couple books with that label on them. I didn’t know it was a USA thing only though. That doesn’t seem fair.

message 7: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 24174 comments I could never work out why! Why don't you want my money Amazon? LOL

I'm just hoping that the authors get their rights back and publish the stories as normal. Crossed Fingers!!

message 8: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29486 comments LOL! I've never understood the country restrictions for that reason ... everyone's money should be good enough for ya.

I agree, Debbie. Bad.

I don't know that I've read any of them, but I've seen a lot of them on Amazon.

message 9: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 24174 comments A different author was hoping to publish her kindle world stories asap after the closure, not sure if its just hope or she's heard that she can.