A Good Thriller discussion

PIFM - Archive > PIFM - July 2018 Read

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Janet , Moderator (last edited Jun 14, 2018 06:05PM) (new)

Janet  | 5790 comments Mod
Hello all!

The time has come to choose your book selections for your July 2018 read in the PIFM challenge.

The rules are:-

* You can choose any number of books. A minimum of two and up to a maximum of 10.

* Please, only ONE MESSAGE per member. That means NO REPLYING or CHATTING in this thread.

* Once you have made your selections and posted, when your votes start to come in you can then add your votes cast by other members beneath your book titles ie. the following might be how my list would look:-

Tall Oaks - Chris Whitaker
x 1 - Janet

The Chalk Man - C J Tudor
x 1 - Agnieszka
x 1 - Patricia

How you post is your choice, you can link, do pictures, the above is just an example. The key is that you stick with the one message and update it as the votes come in. Your list can be placed when the July 2018 threads go up.

message 2: by Patricia (last edited Jun 27, 2018 04:10PM) (new)

Patricia Bergman (marshop) | 1152 comments My July choices -

No Darker Place (Shades of Death, #1) by Debra Webb No Darker Place
Christine - Sophie - Ann - Amber - Val

The Promise of Pierson Orchard by Kate Brandes The Promise of Pierson Orchard

The Atlas of Forgotten Places by Jenny D. Williams The Atlas of Forgotten Places
Melanie- Mandy - Kirsten - Agnieszka

Only Time Will Tell (The Clifton Chronicles, #1) by Jeffrey Archer Only Time Will Tell
Dana - Vicki - Perri

Deacon's Winter by Roger Burgraff Deacon's Winter

Death by DNA by John S. Shaw III Death by DNA

message 3: by Melanie (last edited Jul 15, 2018 12:43PM) (new)

Melanie (meldoc) | 649 comments Thank you for keeping me focused on my TBR shelf. I started with 5 choices, now I am down to 3.

1. MAY WINNER: Fractured
2. JUNE WINNER: Don't Let Go

To Vote For:
3. The Heart's Invisible Furies 4 VOTES (Dana, Patricia, Kirsten, Perri)
4. The Lady of the Rivers 1 VOTE (Sophie) FINISHED READING
5. The Nowhere Man. 5 VOTES (Christine, Vicki, Ann, Mandy, Val). CURRENTLY READING

The Heart's Invisible Furies by John Boyne The Lady of the Rivers (The Plantagenet and Tudor Novels, #1) by Philippa Gregory The Nowhere Man (Orphan X, #2) by Gregg Hurwitz

message 4: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 6241 comments Here are my list of books

Her Last Word by Mary Burton
Not Quite Crazy (Not Quite, #6) by Catherine Bybee
The Breakdown by B.A. Paris
The Good Girl by Mary Kubica
You Will Know Me by Megan Abbott
The Negotiator (O'Malley, #1) by Dee Henderson
The Child by Fiona Barton
No One to Trust (Hidden Identity, #1) by Lynette Eason
When a Heart Stops (Deadly Reunions, #2) by Lynette Eason
No Place to Hide (Hidden Identity, #3) by Lynette Eason

message 5: by Sophie (last edited Jun 26, 2018 08:09AM) (new)

Sophie | 1089 comments Beach reading choices!

1. The Music of the Deep by Elizabeth Hall Melanie, Perri, Mandy, Kirsten, Amber (5)
2. Lies That Bind Us by Andrew Hart Vicki (1)
3. Dead Bad by Helen H. Durrant Agnieszka (1)
4. The Murderer's Son by Joy Ellis Val (1)
5. My Good Life in France: In Pursuit of the Rural Dream by Janine Marsh Ann (1)
6. Disturbed by Jennifer Jaynes Christine (1)
7. Lucy's Little Village Book Club by Emma Davies Patricia, Dana (2)

The Music of the Deep by Elizabeth Hall Lies That Bind Us by Andrew Hart Dead Bad by Helen H. Durrant The Murderer's Son (DI Jackman & DS Evans, #1) by Joy Ellis My Good Life in France In Pursuit of the Rural Dream by Janine Marsh Disturbed by Jennifer Jaynes Lucy's Little Village Book Club by Emma Davies

message 6: by Dana (last edited Jun 25, 2018 11:54AM) (new)

Dana (dkmckelvey) | 602 comments Pool-side reading for me :)

1) The Thorn Birds - Patricia, Vicki
2) The Great Alone - Kirsten
3) The Orphan's Tale
4) Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine - Melanie, Perri, Sophie, Mandy, Agnieszka
5) Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis
6) Criminal - Christine, Ann, Amber, Val

The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah The Orphan's Tale by Pam Jenoff Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman Hillbilly Elegy A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis by J.D. Vance Criminal (Will Trent, #6) by Karin Slaughter

message 7: by Vicki Willis (last edited Jun 25, 2018 11:47AM) (new)

Vicki Willis Vacation Reads for Me

Cross Her Heart
Ann, Mandy, Kirsten, Amber

In the Dark
Val

Come Sundown
Patricia, Melanie, Agnieszka

Without Merit
Perri, Dana

Almost Missed You
Sophie

Cross Her Heart by Sarah Pinborough In the Dark by Chris Patchell Come Sundown by Nora Roberts Without Merit by Colleen Hoover Almost Missed You by Jessica Strawser

message 8: by Perri (last edited Jun 24, 2018 10:49AM) (new)

message 9: by Ann (last edited Jun 27, 2018 07:45AM) (new)

Ann Girdharry (anngirdharry) | 317 comments Here are my choices. Some are next in series for me and the other two are stand-alones.

1. How the Light Gets In by Louise Penny
Kirsten, Agnieszka

2. Blood Hollow by William Kent Krueger
Patricia, Perri, Amber

3. Play Dead by Angela Marsons
Mandy

4. Watching You by Lisa Jewell
Sophie

5. When the Lights Go Out by Mary Kubica
Dana, Melanie, Vicki, Val

How the Light Gets In (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #9) by Louise Penny Blood Hollow (Cork O'Connor, #4) by William Kent Krueger Play Dead (D.I. Kim Stone, #4) by Angela Marsons When the Lights Go Out by Mary Kubica Watching You by Lisa Jewell

message 10: by Kirsten (last edited Jun 30, 2018 02:54PM) (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 8238 comments My selections for July:

The Coronation (Erast Fandorin Mysteries, #7) by Boris Akunin The Coronation by Boris Akunin (Erast Fandorin #7)

A Dance to the Music of Time 3rd Movement by Anthony Powell The Valley of Bones by Anthony Powell (A Dance to the Music of Time #7)

1 vote - Val

Unhallowed Ground (Harrison Investigation, #7) by Heather Graham Unhallowed Ground by Heather Graham (Harrison Investigation #7)

4 votes - Dana, Melanie, Ann,Sophie

The Silent Sea (The Oregon Files, #7) by Clive Cussler The Silent Sea by Clive Cussler (The Oregon Files #7)

2 votes - Patricia, Vicki Willis

Styx and Stones (Daisy Dalrymple, #7) by Carola Dunn Styx and Stones by Carola Dunn (Daisy Dalrymple #7)

3 votes - Perri, Amber, Agnieszka

message 11: by Amber (last edited Jun 29, 2018 01:52PM) (new)

Amber Martingale I am only going to post half of my usual list this month. I'm sorry that three of them are cookbooks, but that's just how my list worked out this month. Maybe for the August list I'll use the bottom half of my usual list instead.

1. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3... (The Incredible Shrinking Son of Man: How Reliable is the Gospel Tradition?)
2. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4... (Son of Charlemagne) +2
Vicki Willis
Melanie

3. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2... (Hickory Daiquiri Dock: Cocktails with a Nursery Rhyme Twist) +2
Ann
Sophie

4. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7... (The Frugal Gourmet Celebrates Christmas) +1
Dana (1)

and 5. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4... (Shakespeare on Toast: Getting a Taste for the Bard) +5
Patricia
Perri
Kirsten
Val
Agnieszka

message 12: by Valleri (last edited Jun 30, 2018 09:26AM) (new)

message 13: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 6241 comments Cross Her Heart by Sarah Pinborough

Mandy, Val

In the Dark by Chris Patchell

Val, Perri, Angnieszka

Come Sundown by Nora Roberts

Angnieszka, Perri, Kirsten

Without Merit by Colleen Hoover

Val, Patricia, Perri

Almost Missed You by Jessica Strawser

Mandy, Mandy, Perri, Val, Kirsten, Melanie