The Parlor PI's discussion

SPOILERS AHEAD: The Bennett Case: Chapter 6 - end

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolevickers) | 1814 comments The final chapters of our book. I won't personally post or read until tomorrow (almost finished but not quite, will hopefully complete tonight!). Please feel free to discuss among yourselves!

message 2: by Mark Pghfan (new)

Mark Pghfan | 1939 comments Mod
Well, in my mind, a pretty satisfactory ending. We do find a culprit, and we do learn about Edward and all the other possibilities for the conman. Looks like Edward might be returning in some other adventure. Nothing like someone in the secret service to help one in future mysteries!

message 3: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinacz) | 6103 comments Mod
Spoiler -

No mention of the ghost this time unless I missed it.

message 4: by PugMom (new)

PugMom (nicoleg76) | 2014 comments Anyone else have the song, "It's raining men" in their heads by the end LOL They barely had enough room to seat them all to eat! I definitely didn't guess who the culprit was!
No ghost this time!
I do think there might be something else to be learned about the former owner of the house since it is strange nobody has a picture of her.

message 5: by Mark Pghfan (new)

Clearly, the previous owner had a lot of secrets, and many more, I expect!

I was laughing at the end when all of the conman suspects ended up at the breakfast table.

And no ghost. Just as well.

message 6: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinacz) | 6103 comments Mod
LOL Raining Men. Yes, secrets galore. Need to save a few for the rest of the series.

No ghost, NicoleG, Pghfan. Maybe next time. LOL

message 7: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolevickers) | 1814 comments The fact that Mary was so blase about it....."oh yes, he's been to prison lots of times, but he just keeps cropping, up" - lol!

message 8: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolevickers) | 1814 comments Oh, I knew it! I cheated and looked on Amazon - book 3 is The Chalmers Case!!!

message 9: by Mark Pghfan (new)

Nicole, yes, I was a bit surprised by Mary's comment as well. I understand family devotion, but there should be limits!

message 10: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolevickers) | 1814 comments Hi PI's this was a quick read and short discussion - I'm going to wrap it up. I'm definitely interested in continuing with the series! :-) I'm looking forward to Mark's Miss Marple discussions next month. :-)