Jewish Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived nominations/book ideas > 2018 Monthy Book List

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tiffany (last edited Jun 14, 2018 02:55PM) (new)

Tiffany (tiffy_m) | 3 comments So I am typically one of those lurkers in this group. If you are a lurker like me and you mainly use your phone or tablet to access Goodreads; then like me you are probably super frustrated because you cannot find the dang books for 2018. Well apparently, you can only access the "bookshelf" or "upcoming" books on a computer. While one of the discussion boards has had some wonderful people trying to reinvigorate this group, no one has quite gotten around to posting the upcoming monthly book titles. I hope I am not stepping on any toes. I just had a free moment today and knew that, like me, there are probably bunches of people who have not been reading or have given up on trying to find the monthly books. So I am posting them below. Hopefully no one is upset that I have done this. :) I look forward to future discussions! **Also this post is not meant to bash anyone. Honestly, the lack of functionality on the app is appalling and that is Goodreads fault not anyone in this group or the moderator. **

JUNE 2018: "A Backpack, a Bear, and Eight Crates of Vodka: A Memoir" by Lev Golinkin

JULY 2018: "Second Person Singular" by Sayed Kashua

AUGUST 2018: "Through the Door of Life: A Jewish Journey between Genders" by Joy Ladin

SEPTEMBER 2018: "The Yid" by Paul Goldberg

OCTOBER 2018: "The Beautiful Possible" by Amy Gottlieb

NOVEMBER 2018: "Carry Me" by Peter Behrens

DECEMBER 2018: "The Invisible Bridge" by Julie Orringer

message 2: by Jan (new)

Jan Rice | 1930 comments Mod
The above was the post of someone trying to deal with the disarray back in 2018. Thanks, and hope we're doing better now. Will move to the "stray threads" folder.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.