Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES: CHALLENGES > Pick Me A Winner: July 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 84 (84 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (last edited Jun 23, 2018 12:08PM) (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7288 comments Duration: July 1 -July 31

Partners will be picked on the same day!

Guidelines for this challenge:
* Create a "shelf" for your partner to choose from before the challenge begins
* You choose 3 books from your partners shelf for your partner to read
* Your partner picks three from your shelf for you to read
*After you read your book come back and post to let your partner know when you are done and what you thought of the book (no pressure, it can be just one sentence)

**** The challenge is to read one book from your shelf that your partner chose. You do not have to read all three! (It's just to give a choice) ****

Please sign up below and post a link to your shelf for your partner to choose from!

message 2: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (last edited Jun 30, 2018 04:40PM) (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7288 comments Participants:

Leah
Hannah
Carrie
Guiana
Jamie
Sammantha
Dita
Slytherpuff
Kaitlyn
Misty
Jessica
Sarah
PreePree
Trinity
Jessi
Michelle
Cindee
Dana
These Violent Delights
Jess
Cecilia
Mercedes

message 3: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (last edited Jun 30, 2018 05:18PM) (new)

message 10: by Slytherpuff (last edited Jun 17, 2018 12:37PM) (new)

Slytherpuff I'm in https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

Feel free to pm if I forget about it. I might add more books later.

message 14: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 237 comments I'm in and if anyone wants to do a bonus pick for me I'm game too! It's summer and I finally have time to read more!
https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 18: by Jess (new)

Jess (makeitsewwithjess) I'm in! I have been in a slump for sure

message 20: by Cindee (last edited Jun 29, 2018 11:40AM) (new)

message 21: by Dana (new)

Dana Fontaine (danaschipporeit) | 2 comments I’m in! I cannot make the list RIGHT NOW but I will have it done by the 30th.

message 26: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7288 comments Sign ups are closed. I will post partners later today/tonight.

message 27: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7288 comments We are short one unless Dana adds her shelf. Is there anyone who is willing to have 2 partners?

message 28: by Sophie (new)

Sophie If you don't mind me joining in, I will!!

message 29: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7288 comments I will add you.

message 30: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7288 comments Partners have been picked! See post #3.

message 31: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff Hannah wrote: "We are short one unless Dana adds her shelf. Is there anyone who is willing to have 2 partners?"

If anyone else joins I'm more than willing to have 2 partners.

message 32: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 237 comments YAY! Ok my partner is Slytherpuff and my picks are:

1. A Reaper at the Gates (An Ember in the Ashes, #3) by Sabaa Tahir because this series is awesome and I just got it today. I can't wait to read it myself!

2. Wildwood (Wildwood Chronicles, #1) by Colin Meloy because I really liked this series.

3. Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner because it looks like a a good summer read.

Enjoy!

message 33: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff These are the books I chose Sarah. Hope you enjoy!

Apocalypse Z The Beginning of the End (Apocalypse Z, #1) by Manel Loureiro
Taggerung (Redwall, #14) by Brian Jacques - I love the Redwall series
A Novel Bookstore by Laurence Cossé

I'm more than willing to pick more if you want. I mainly chose books I was interested such as series I have started reading. Hope you enjoy.

message 34: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 237 comments If anyone feels like doing a bonus pick, again I'll take those too!

message 35: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff Sarah wrote: "YAY! Ok my partner is Slytherpuff and my picks are:

1. A Reaper at the Gates (An Ember in the Ashes, #3) by Sabaa Tahir because this series is awesome and I just got it today. I can't wait to read it myself!

2. [bookc..."

Thank you. Sorry I had so many books to choose from. Once I wrap up the Twilight series, I'm going to start [book:A Reaper at the Gates|30809786]. This challenge definitely helps me get books off my shelf.

message 36: by Sophie (last edited Jun 30, 2018 05:41PM) (new)

Sophie My picks for Jessica:
Warcross (Warcross, #1) by Marie Lu
La Belle Sauvage (The Book of Dust, #1) by Philip Pullman
Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng

message 37: by Jamie (last edited Jun 30, 2018 05:43PM) (new)

Jamie Michelle, for you I have picked:

Plague of the Dead (The Morningstar Strain, #1) by Z.A. Recht for some dark, violent, zombie-filled action.

Need by Joelle Charbonneau Because it sounds good and I liked her "The Testing" book series

Rebel Nation (Viral Nation, #2) by Shaunta Grimes Haha this is actually on my pick it shelf too so I thought it was perfect!

message 38: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff I'm also open to bonus picks.

message 39: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 237 comments Slytherpuff wrote: "Sarah wrote: "YAY! Ok my partner is Slytherpuff and my picks are:

1. A Reaper at the Gates (An Ember in the Ashes, #3) by Sabaa Tahir because this series is awesome and I just got it today. I can't wait to read it myse..."

Haha I guess I should apologize too then since I have like 4X the amount of books you do!

message 40: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff Sarah wrote: "Slytherpuff wrote: "Sarah wrote: "YAY! Ok my partner is Slytherpuff and my picks are:

1. A Reaper at the Gates (An Ember in the Ashes, #3) by Sabaa Tahir because this series is awesome and I just got it today. I can't ..."

I went through my bookshelf. That was half my IRL bookshelf. It really didn't seem like that many. I did an infinite scroll.

message 41: by Jess (new)

Jess | 780 comments My partner is Misty and I picked:

A Semi-Definitive List of Worst Nightmares by Krystal Sutherland Also on my tbr
To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1) by Jenny Han Is a popular book and you might also like it
Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee I liked it when I read it

message 42: by Cindee (new)

Cindee | 284 comments My Partner is Leah and I choose

The Rose Legacy by Jessica Day George because it sounds interesting and I love middle grade books

Sunshine Over Wildflower Cottage by Milly Johnson sounds interesting

The Summer After You and Me by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski sounds like a good YA Romance novel

message 43: by guiana! (new)

guiana! (gvianai) | 20 comments Hey, Dita! I've chosen the following books for you:

We Were Liars by E. Lockhart because I loved it and it's one of my top recs! (The beginning's a little sluggish but it'll hit if you power through!)

We Are Okay by Nina LaCour because a lot of people have been dying for me to read this and I'd like to hear what you think about it!

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda (Creekwood, #1) by Becky Albertalli because I've read it and I really enjoyed it!

Hope you'll enjoy one, if not all!

message 44: by Misty (last edited Jun 30, 2018 09:48PM) (new)

Misty | 633 comments My partner is Jess, and I choose:

The Girl With All the Gifts (The Girl With All the Gifts #1) by M.R. Carey because my sister made me read it, and it was pretty amazing.
The Hit (Will Robie, #2) by David Baldacci because it sounds so good, I'm going to have to add the series to my tbr list.
In Order to Live A North Korean Girl's Journey to Freedom by Yeonmi Park because the quotes sound really good!

Hope you like your choices! Happy Reading!

message 45: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 1696 comments My Partner is Jamie and for you I choose

1. Mistletoe in Texas by Kari Lynn Dell

2. Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1) by Amie Kaufman

3. The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings, #1) by J.R.R. Tolkien

These Violent Delights (Robin) | 310 comments Here are the 3 books I chose for you, Carrie :)

The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) by Alexandra Bracken Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1) by Amie Kaufman Hunting Ground (Alpha & Omega, #2) by Patricia Briggs

I read and adored all three of these myself, I hope you do too!

message 47: by Dita (new)

Dita | 55 comments Guiana, for you I pick:

Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #1) by Ransom Riggs - Miss Peregrine's series is one of my favorite of all time

A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness - I have read it and it was a really nice read

All in Pieces by Suzanne Young - It sounds interesting

Enjoy! :)

message 48: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jvblazejak) | 557 comments For Sophie, I picked:
Circe by Madeline Miller Maid of Deception (Maids of Honor, #2) by Jennifer McGowan All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr

Hope there is a winner!

I'm going to read Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng or La Belle Sauvage (The Book of Dust, #1) by Philip Pullman

message 49: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn (121-books) | 225 comments Hey Jessi! Sorry to hear you've been in a slump ... let's see if we can fix that this month! Here are the three I'm choosing for you:

Renegades (Renegades, #1) by Marissa Meyer - I love Marissa, and have heard nothing but great things about this one!
Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare - I liked City of Bones, but I LOVED this one!
They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera - I've heard Adam's books tend to suck people in!

message 50: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7288 comments My partner is Mercedes and I choose:

1.) The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1) by Holly Black because a lot of people have read it.

2.) My Lady Jane (The Lady Janies, #1) by Cynthia Hand because my sister really enjoyed this book.

3.) Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1) by Amie Kaufman because this was an enjoyable series.

« previous 1