Support for Indie Authors discussion

Cover Workshop > Cover Help: Fantasy -- To Wish Upon a Star

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dwayne, Head of Lettuce (new)

Dwayne Fry | 4356 comments Mod

message 2: by Dwayne, Head of Lettuce (last edited Jun 14, 2018 11:08AM) (new)

Scott wrote: "The cover for my book -- To Wish Upon a Star -- can't be modified as I no longer have access to the software with which it was created so this version is, by default, the final one. I've never really gotten much feedback on it so I'm curious to what degree it draws the eye.

I can't get the image code to work properly..."

Got it. Deleting your original post for the linking.

message 3: by Dwayne, Head of Lettuce (new)

It's a pretty cover. I'm not getting "fantasy", though. It puts me more in the mind of a romantic / cozy mystery.

message 4: by Scott (new)

Scott MacDonald | 6 comments Gracias, Dwayne. Can you show me the code so I can see what I did wrong?

message 5: by Dwayne, Head of Lettuce (new)

All you need to do is put < img src =" (without the space between the less than and "img") before your url and then "/> after.

message 6: by Scott (new)

Scott MacDonald | 6 comments It's a pretty cover. I'm not getting "fantasy", though. It puts me more in the mind of a romantic / cozy mystery.

Interesting. I hadn't thought of that. It's actually a visualization of a critical moment in the narrative when one of the main characters makes the wish that drives the rest of the story.

Thanks for the feedback, Dwayne.

- Scott

message 7: by Scott (last edited Jun 14, 2018 11:32AM) (new)

Scott MacDonald | 6 comments Dwayne wrote: "All you need to do is put...

[image error]

That's exactly what I'm doing and I still get an error. Oh well, I appreciate the assist.

message 8: by M.L. (new)

M.L. | 1126 comments I like the font and the image is ok but the hard-edge style doesn't work for me in this situation. The colors don't contrast, which can still be interesting and create some angst, but there is no real depth. I do like the font and the title.

message 9: by Scott (new)

Scott MacDonald | 6 comments Thanks M.L.. The flat graphics are a personal preference that I'm partial to but I can understand it won't work for everyone. Comments noted.