Arie's World discussion

REALITY: THE ARIE CHRONICLES > Prologue & Chapter 1

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dani (new)

Dani Hart (authordanihart) | 68 comments Mod
This is the thread to post questions, comments, gifs, etc for chapter 1. I really want us to have fun with it. The official discussion starts Aug. 2nd, but you can start posting for chapter 1 here at anytime now moving forward. If your post has a spoiler please put ***SPOILER*** at the the very top in case someone happens upon this thread before reading.

I am so excited to be doing this! Can you tell?!

message 2: by Dani (new)

message 3: by Dani (new)

The inspiration behind the 1st chapter came with the death of my BFFs mother. It got me thinking about how I would be affected when my own mother passed. Arie was already a character swirling in my head, so these together bloomed the Arie Chronicles. In this edition (2nd) I really added a lot of Arie's relationship with her mom and the early development of her unique nature.

I hope you're all enjoying! Can't wait to see your posts and questions. xo

message 4: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzy95) | 4 comments Aries room sound beautiful i wonder what her mother is hiding though its obvious that arie isnt a normal girl and i dont know why no one has told her who or what she is. Cant wait to find out more

message 5: by Louisa (new)

Louisa | 30 comments The Butterfly's appear in the first chapter and continue to play a role through the book.
What made you choose butterflies?

message 6: by Dani (new)

That's a great question, Louisa! I am going to be vague to avoid spoiling any of the discovery, but in mystical and spiritual beliefs butterflies are considered to symbolize transformation and rebirth among other things which you discover along the way with Arie.

message 7: by Dani (new)

Emma, thank you! I spend a lot of care in book 1 developing Arie's world and who she is and why it was kept hidden from her until she was 18.

message 8: by Louisa (new)

Louisa | 30 comments Thanks Dani - having read the whole book - trying to be careful with my questions

message 9: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzy95) | 4 comments Thanks dani im up to chapter nineteen and am just starting to get a fair idea of who she is

message 10: by Sherry (new)

Sherry Saylor (sherrysaylor) | 12 comments At first I thought Arie was some how connected to the Fey because of how in tuned with nature she was and turning seven some how brought her in line with her fey power. When Arie's mother died It made me think though about the struggle of loss, and how when we lose someone we love how we truly want to believe in something positive, yet at the same time we struggle with the stages of grief, wondering if we will ver feel truly happy again.