Mrs. Blais's F Period Essentials discussion

Themes

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mrs.Blais (new)

Mrs.Blais | 5 comments Mod
What are the themes in your book? Why do these themes matter?

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Dom | 4 comments The theme in my book is that it takes a lot to achieve your dreams. This matters because you can't just expect the things you want to just come to you. You have to work hard and make sacrifices.

message 3: by Maggie (new)

Maggie | 3 comments Themes are music lifestyle, death, being the outsider, love, winter, family. These themes matter because most of them come together to form a bigger theme, like how she is an outsider in her family because she chose a different musical lifestyle, classical instead of rock.

message 4: by Mica (new)

Mica Wishengrad | 4 comments There are a number of themes in my book, aside from the obvious--betrayal. One thing that is discussed is the choice between family and love, versus power and the government, versus society. This is important because it is something that can occur in real life, and helps motivate the characters in different ways depending on what they are drawn to. Another theme is that of how because of the position the Silvers have in society, they are often corrupted and cause corruption, making bad choices to bring about betrayal. This is also important for similar reasons, as well as thinking about the consequences of power.

message 5: by Shealee (new)

Shealee | 3 comments A recurring theme i’m noticing in my book is the question of “fate or chance?”. One character’s parents are from Jamaica and came to the USA illegally and are now getting deported, she’s the only one in her family who doesn’t really want this to happen. The other character is a Korean boy who’s family now lives in the USA (legally), his brother has always been smart and his parents have always cared about his work until he gets kicked out of Harvard. The two bump into each other and as most teen romances go, they immediately fall in love. But this questions occurs, fate or chance?