Christian Fiction Bloggers discussion

Authors' Corner > Christian King Arthur stories

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura (hopealive) | 4 comments Can anyone suggest a Christian King Arthur type book? I just listened to the Stuff You Should Know podcast for King Arthur. It got me intrigued to read a book or possibly a series but from a Christian perspective if that's possible. Thank you in advance.

message 2: by Avery (new)

Avery I highly recommend The Merlin's Spiral trilogy by Robert Treskillard. They are from a Christian perspective, and are really good. Stephen Lawhead also has a King Arthur series that I want to read, but I haven't read those yet so I don't know how they are.

message 3: by Avery (new)

Avery Robert Treskillard also has a new series out called The Pendragon series. I haven't read them yet, but they are about King Arthur as well.

message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura (hopealive) | 4 comments Thanks Brittany! That helps a lot!

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura (hopealive) | 4 comments Ella Rose, I will look into your book. I just finished 2 of 3 Melanie Dickerson's Medieval Series. I thought they were great. Normally I'm not into romantic novels so I'm surprising myself.

message 6: by James (last edited Jul 23, 2018 02:18PM) (new)

James M. Becher (faithfuljim) | 164 comments Personally, I do love King Arthur and Camelot, but it's hard to see how any such stories could be from a Christian perspective. King Arthur's philosophy was "Might for Right," and it ended in total failure, In my time travel novel, "Impossible Journey, A Tale of Times and Truth," Impossible Journey: A Tale of Times and Truth Impossible Journey A Tale of Times and Truth by James M. Becher , I devote an entire chapter to King Arthur and Camelot (Chapter 10), with my time-travelers trying in vain to prevent its fall. This chapter comes after they express a desire at the end of Chapter 9 to not hear the name of Jesus again. I grant that wish for a while with Chapter 10--Jesus is not mentioned in that chapter. I simply use Camelot to show the inadequacy and uselessness of trying to change the world without Christ.

message 7: by Arnetta (new)

Arnetta | 98 comments Ella wrote: "I actually wrote a book that is a Christian/Medieval Fantasy, fairy tale story! Those are my favorite kind of books, and they are incredibly difficult to find, I agree. Please share with me any oth..."

I have read all of Melanie Dickerson books. The Hagenheim series are based on the fairy tales we are most familiar with. Sleeping Beauty, Beauty and the Beast, Snow White, Cinderella, Rapunzel.... I have been known to close the book at the end of the last page...sigh deeply....and open again to page 1 and start it again. It's rare that a book grabs me that way. Do read in order... then read the Medieval Fairy Tale series. Her spies of London series is also great.

message 8: by English (new)

English  (english_lady) | 26 comments I can think of a few. There is a trilogy called Camelot Fallen by Joshua Darwin. Camelot Fallen

There is Legend of the Emerald Rose by Linda Wichman, and The Shadows of Eden by Michael Joens

I am also currently listening to an audio called Hawk of May by Gillan Bradshaw, which is also part of a Trilogy. Its counted as General Market, but the depiction of Christianity is supposed to be quite favourable.

I would also recommend looking for some of the original Medieval Arthurian Romances. There is Arthurian Romances The Quest of the Holy Grail The History of the Kings of Britain among others.

message 9: by English (new)

English  (english_lady) | 26 comments James wrote: "Personally, I do love King Arthur and Camelot, but it's hard to see how any such stories could be from a Christian perspective. King Arthur's philosophy was "Might for Right," and it ended in total..."

I am inclined to disagree. The Arthurian legends as we know them have their origins in the twelfth to the sixteenth century, basically the Christian Middle Ages.

Its also very likely that if Arthur existed, he was probably a warlord fighting for his people and kingdom. In that context, its not surprising he thought Might is Right.

message 10: by Laura (new)

Laura (hopealive) | 4 comments Hello English, thanks so much for the book suggestions!

message 11: by David (new)

David Wright | 3 comments Laura wrote: "Can anyone suggest a Christian King Arthur type book? I just listened to the Stuff You Should Know podcast for King Arthur. It got me intrigued to read a book or possibly a series but from a Christ..."

I am writing a Christian Medieval Fantasy trilogy, much in the vein of King Arthur/Tolkien/Narnia. The second novel, "Marching As To War", was just published this summer.

You can search Amazon for Galahad's Doom and find it. The first book is called "My Brother's Keeper", I'd encourage you to read the reviews for it.

I'm trying to find Christian Fiction bloggers that would be interested in reviewing the books, that's how I found this page.

http://www.whiterocketbooks.com/galen...

message 12: by David (new)

David Wright | 3 comments Ella Rose wrote: "I actually wrote a book that is a Christian/Medieval Fantasy, fairy tale story! Those are my favorite kind of books, and they are incredibly difficult to find, I agree. Please share with me any oth..."

My series, Galahad's Doom, definitely fits this category. Now that I have two books in the series out, I'm trying to reach out and find the audience. Book 2 is brand new, but I do have a half dozen or so Amazon reviews for my first book.

Book 1: My Brother's Keeper
https://www.amazon.com/My-Brothers-Ke...

Book 2: Marching As To War
https://www.amazon.com/Marching-As-Wa...