Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Scourged (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #9)
This topic is about Scourged
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Besieged, Scourged [June 17, 2018]

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4608 comments Mod
This is a thread for two books that are being read back to back (requested to be in the same thread by readers) starting on June 17th.
Besieged
Scourged

Zombieslayer⚡Alienhunter (theslayingisthunter) | 47 comments Jenna wrote: "This is a thread for two books that are being read back to back (requested to be in the same thread by readers) starting on June 17th.
Besieged
Scourged"

Thanks a million <3

Zombieslayer⚡Alienhunter (theslayingisthunter) | 47 comments Here 'tis. The End Of Days IDC Finale Buddy-Read :D

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 1132 comments I haven't had any time to start yet.

Zombieslayer⚡Alienhunter (theslayingisthunter) | 47 comments Elizabeth wrote: "I haven't had any time to start yet."

S'alright. I'm only just now STARTING starting.
Hit me up here when you do :D

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 1132 comments I've started the first story and am hoping to finish it after work tomorrow

message 7: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 2 stars

Timelord Iain | 18087 comments Mod
That's what I get for joining without checking in first... I skipped right to Scourged, since it's the boom I've been waiting to read, and I'm 5 days late to the party...

The Story So Far segment at the start, from Oberon's perspective, really showed me how much I've missed, just in skipping Besieged, the Meaty Mysteries about Oberon, and one Granuaile short story... just the fact that there's a third dog now is a bit jarring, and the dogs are one of my favorite parts of this series...

I'm on chapter 4... I'll probably be done before you guys start... and might loop back around and read Besieged if I have time... I

Zombieslayer⚡Alienhunter (theslayingisthunter) | 47 comments Iain wrote: "That's what I get for joining without checking in first... I skipped right to Scourged, since it's the boom I've been waiting to read, and I'm 5 days late to the party...

The Story So Far segment..."

Welcome friend.

Zombieslayer⚡Alienhunter (theslayingisthunter) | 47 comments Elizabeth wrote: "I've started the first story and am hoping to finish it after work tomorrow"

Yeah, I just read it doing laundry. The birth of the catchphrase was pretty awesome. Hoping to read stories two and three this evening but might only get to two.
Have you read any of the novellas? The only one I've read is Two Ravens And One Crow because it was in the back of Hunted.

message 10: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (last edited Jun 26, 2018 09:06AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

I read most of the novellas through the first 5-6 books... haven't read any since then tho...

And I missed you guys commenting in here... too many notifications...

I burned through this book in a couple hours, as expected, but didn't enjoy it as much as I'd hoped to... I think my interest in Keven Hearne is waning... and I felt like this book was a bit of an anti-climactic letdown... and that all the side-material written that I'd skipped was required reading... the Oberon Mysteries, and the ones you're reading, all seem to factor heavily into setting up the finale...

which was littered with a surprising density of poop/fart discussion, personally...

and the ending (view spoiler)

It's also surprisingly short... this is probably 3 stars from me...

I loved the sloth tho...

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 1132 comments I've read a handful of the novellas, they should be on my shelves. also finished the 3rd short story.

Zombieslayer⚡Alienhunter (theslayingisthunter) | 47 comments Elizabeth wrote: "I've read a handful of the novellas, they should be on my shelves. also finished the 3rd short story."

I'm planning on reading them when i purchase a Kindle (dunno when that'll be).

I just started story four, Gold Dust Druid.
I'm hoping to try and start Scourged on Sunday if i don't work or i have shorter shift.

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 1132 comments Sorry I'm being a slacker guys, life is crazy.

Zombieslayer⚡Alienhunter (theslayingisthunter) | 47 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Sorry I'm being a slacker guys, life is crazy."

You're fine! I've been the same. My work hours are nuts...

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 1132 comments So I've gotten a bit fsrtger. I have to say the story with Owen was my favorite so far. (view spoiler)

message 16: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 2 stars

Elizabeth wrote: "So I've gotten a bit fsrtger. I have to say the story with Owen was my favorite so far. [spoilers removed]"

Is that a Celtic spelling? :D

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 1132 comments It is now XD

Zombieslayer⚡Alienhunter (theslayingisthunter) | 47 comments Elizabeth wrote: "So I've gotten a bit fsrtger. I have to say the story with Owen was my favorite so far. [spoilers removed]"

The Bogeyman of Boora Bog was awesome. I would've liked a little more young Atticus, but Owen was great.
I'm only a bit further than you, I'm reading Blood Pudding Right now :D

Fsrtger sounds like an Irish curse word.
"Siodhachan! You're cocking it up again, you wretched fsrtger!"

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 1132 comments I wasn't a fan of Cuddle Dungeon. Most of it just felt uncomfortable.

message 20: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 2 stars

Elizabeth wrote: "I wasn't a fan of Cuddle Dungeon. Most of it just felt uncomfortable."

For a second, I thought I was in one of the threads where we were discussing weird phrases in sex scenes in romance novels...

Zombieslayer⚡Alienhunter (theslayingisthunter) | 47 comments Elizabeth wrote: "I wasn't a fan of Cuddle Dungeon. Most of it just felt uncomfortable."

True. I'm only gonna two-star it in my review. But I just love Perun so he was enjoyable.

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 1132 comments Finished Besieged.

message 23: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 2 stars

Turns out EVERYTHING referenced in the first half of Scourged happens in this anthology you guys are reading... Fidele mentions this stuff with Perun...

And Owen & the druids (view spoiler)

Zombieslayer⚡Alienhunter (theslayingisthunter) | 47 comments Saw you started Scourged, Liz, I'm ON it as soon as i get home from work tonight :D
Thanks for your patience!

message 25: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 2 stars

I've only read 16 books since I finished Scourged.............

This is why Buddy Reading books with other people can be hard sometimes... I just have so much extra reading time (since I can listen to audiobooks at work)...

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 1132 comments I'm about a 4th of the way through, and no problem Z!

That's a lot of books Iain. O.o

message 27: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 2 stars

I've read a book nearly every day this year... last time I was this productive was 2013/2014... I'm 6 books behind, if you exclude the short stories I've read... my Goodreads numbers are inaccurate... I'm reading so fast I don't make time for ratings/reviews... everything is on the competition spreadsheet...

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 1132 comments I'm being very slow with this, sorry Z. On chapter 13. I think Owen has been watching way too many movies since he came to our time with his vision of villians.

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 1132 comments Finished, will give my thoughts later.

Zombieslayer⚡Alienhunter (theslayingisthunter) | 47 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Finished, will give my thoughts later."

I legit just started today... I'm so sorry for sucking at buddyreads -_-

message 31: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 2 stars

I've only read 25-30 books since finishing this ;)

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 1132 comments Don't worry about it Z!

And yikes Iain!

message 33: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 2 stars

I read a book almost every day...