What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Young adult-2 sisters, parents are killed and home burnt down, world where children have talents, medieval era, as they are kept in a castle. Spoilers

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alexander (last edited Jul 12, 2018 10:35AM) (new)

Alexander | 6 comments Read sometime between 2012-15. 2 sisters, parents are killed and home burnt down, are captured by government and placed in a facility, castle, for children with talents, little sister starts to get to know the maid or chief, they plan a revolt or revolution. Can't remember if it was in paper back or online, but not ebook. (view spoiler)

message 2: by Alexander (new)

Alexander | 6 comments Bump

message 3: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Dacyczyn (readsintrees) | 273 comments The Girl Who Could Fly The Girl Who Could Fly features a facility for kids with special talents who eventually revolt.

message 4: by Alexander (new)

Alexander | 6 comments Sadly that isn't the book, though, it does look like it has a lot of the same concepts. Thanks for trying!

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36583 comments Mod
Alexander, can you tell us more about the characters - sisters' ages, are they twins, why were their parents killed, parents' jobs/skills/powers, rich/poor, the powers of these two girls, etc.?

message 6: by Alexander (new)

Alexander | 6 comments From what I can remember, there was an older sister and a younger one, the older one was the narrator although I think it was written in third person. The parents were killed because all children with powers above a certain age have to be handed over to the kingdom and at least the older sister was over age, not sure about the younger one. The parents weren't rich, can't remember what their profession was but they were typical villagers, and they had no powers. I can't remember the power of the older sister but she ended up leading the revolution so something related to that I think, but the younger sister's power was definitly the ability to win someone over, it took time but then that person would end up agreeing with whatever she said.

message 7: by Alexander (new)

Alexander | 6 comments Bump, 2019 Whoo, although I'm still hunting for this book *sigh*