Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > low-fantasy YA novel first four chapters

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate (last edited Jun 13, 2018 01:02PM) (new)

Kate (katecuad) | 2 comments Hello! I've written my first book and I'm currently searching for beta readers on the first four chapters or so. If four chapters seems like a lot for the first read, I'd be happy to give just the first chapter or the first 10k words.

The book follows Em Fish, a sixteen year old girl who lives in the small isolated town of Foxburg, and discovers that both she and the town hold more secrets than she could have imagined. The book currently sits at 90k words but the word count might fluctuate as I continue into the now fifth draft.

Since this is my first book, this is also my first experience finding beta readers, so apologies if i left out any information you might need before accepting my work! Also, if you are writing a book in a similar fantasy YA genre, I'd be happy to beta read for you in exchange for a read for myself.

Many thanks!

message 2: by Anne (new)

Anne Stryker (gingerbreadanne) | 8 comments Hello!

I have a short story of about 7k words that's a sweet fantasy romance. If you'd like to do a swap of equal length, I'd love to take a look at the start of your story!

Feel free to email me at annestrykerauthor@gmail.com !

Looking forward to hearing from you!
--Anne

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate (katecuad) | 2 comments That sounds great! I'll try and send you an email in the next day or two with the first 7k words attached and we can go from there.

Thanks so much, and can't wait to take a look at your story too! My email is authorkatecuadrado@gmail.com, hope to speak to you soon!