Shut Up & Read discussion

The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1)
This topic is about The Raven Boys
Archived BOTM > August BOTM- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tanecia (new)

Tanecia  (books101) | 3781 comments Mod
Discuss as you read, but please use SPOILERS for those of us who haven't gotten as far as you!!! (Check out the 'some html is ok' box above the post box for spoiler tags.)

Happy reading!

message 2: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sheri | 12304 comments Mod
Yes! I might jut have to re-read this :)

message 3: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (last edited Aug 01, 2014 03:18AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leigh | 15877 comments Mod
I really enjoyed this book! Have you seen the cover for book three in this series? It is a little different from the first two but still pretty cool. Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater

message 4: by Jennifer (last edited Aug 01, 2014 08:03AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jennifer (featherlashes) I'm sure I'm in the minority here but I have DNF'd every Maggie Stiefvater book I have started. I just can't get into it- which is really sad because the book synopsis of all her stories sound really interesting! Maybe I'll pick this one back up and try again. I'll wait and see what other group members' experiences are like.

message 5: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jennifer wrote: "I'm sure I'm in the minority here but I have DNF'd every Maggie Stiefvater book I have started. I just can't get into it- which is really sad because the book synopsis of all her s..."

Have you tried the audio? It is amazing!

Jennifer (featherlashes) Leigh wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "I'm sure I'm in the minority here but I have DNF'd every Maggie Stiefvater book I have started. I just can't get into it- which is really sad because the book syno..."

Good idea, I'll check out the audio this time around :)

message 7: by Abi (new)

Abi (ablissa) | 21 comments I love the way Maggie writes - she can really make the words bounce off the page!

message 8: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Will Patton narrates it. His voice is warm and smooth like honey. It makes me want to curl up in a comfy chair with a blanket and listen to his voice.

message 9: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sheri | 12304 comments Mod
Leigh wrote: "Will Patton narrates it. His voice is warm and smooth like honey. It makes me want to curl up in a comfy chair with a blanket and listen to his voice."

Yep, I have the audio for this one and loved it.

message 10: by Angela (new)

Angela Dossett (whisperingwillo) Leigh wrote: "I really enjoyed this book! Have you seen the cover for book three in this series? It is a little different from the first two but still pretty cool. Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater"

I read somewhere that the author was the made up model for this cover. That was just awesome.

Jennifer (featherlashes) So, so sad to say that the second attempt to read this one was just as bad as my first. I guess it's just not for me :(
Here's my review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Tracey (addicted_to_reading) It took me a while to get into the story but I loved it once every character was fully introduced to one another. The supernatural aspect of the story was it's selling point and the characters were amazing. The author writes them in a way that makes me care for them. I cannot wait to read the second book. I hope we get more of Noah the second time around.