Shut Up & Read discussion

The Boss (The Boss, #1)
This topic is about The Boss
Archived BOTM > August Mod Pick- The Boss by Abigail Barnette

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tanecia (new)

Tanecia  (books101) | 3781 comments Mod
Discuss as you read, but please use SPOILERS for those of us who haven't gotten as far as you!!! (Check out the 'some html is ok' box above the post box for spoiler tags.)

Happy reading!

message 2: by Jennifer (last edited Aug 01, 2014 07:52AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jennifer (featherlashes) FYI: I checked today 8/1/14 and this ebook was free on Amazon (USA).
http://www.amazon.com/Boss-Abigail-Ba...

Jennifer (featherlashes) Great BOTM pick! I just finished this one and I really enjoyed it. I just picked up the next book to continue the series. Here's my review:
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 4: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sheri | 12466 comments Mod
I enjoyed this one :)

message 5: by Lys (new) - added it

Lys (lysrowan) I grabbed it because Mara Wilson (the girl who played Matilda) was talking about it on Twitter when she was slamming 50 Shades.
I haven't read it yet, but I figure anything Matilda says is good, right?

E.G. Manetti (thornraven) Totally fun book. I've read all three.

message 7: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alyssia wrote: "I grabbed it because Mara Wilson (the girl who played Matilda) was talking about it on Twitter when she was slamming 50 Shades.
I haven't read it yet, but I figure anything Matilda says is good, ri..."

Lol, Matilda was great!

E.G. Manetti (thornraven) Sheri wrote: "Alyssia wrote: "I grabbed it because Mara Wilson (the girl who played Matilda) was talking about it on Twitter when she was slamming 50 Shades.
I haven't read it yet, but I figure anything Matilda ..."

I'm definitely out of touch - Who is 'Maltida'?

message 9: by Lys (new) - added it

Lys (lysrowan) E.G. wrote: "Sheri wrote: "Alyssia wrote: "I grabbed it because Mara Wilson (the girl who played Matilda) was talking about it on Twitter when she was slamming 50 Shades.
I haven't read it yet, but I figure any..."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117008/

message 10: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 5 stars

Matilda was one of my daughter's favorite movies when she was little. She would watch it over and over...

message 11: by E.G. (new) - rated it 4 stars

E.G. Manetti (thornraven) Sheri wrote: "Matilda was one of my daughter's favorite movies when she was little. She would watch it over and over..."

Oh. I loved that movie. I didn't make the connection. So now she's all grown up and likes glitterkink? Cool.

message 13: by Lys (new) - added it

Lys (lysrowan) Pretty funny stuff.

message 14: by E.G. (new) - rated it 4 stars

E.G. Manetti (thornraven) I completely agree with her assessment - including the heat factor in The Boss. I think we are outside the discussion window, but I consider (view spoiler)