Pop Sugar's Annual Ultimate Reading Challenge discussion

Anyone have good Nordic Noir recommendations?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 3 comments Hey! So I know I could just pick up Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, but I'm betting there are some other options out there that somebody here has read and enjoyed - it's a whole genre after all! Anyone have a rec for if you're only going to read one?

message 2: by Claire (new)

Claire  | 2 comments The Keeper of Lost Causes Jussi Adler-Olsen is the first book of an excellent series.

message 3: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (ttrivium) | 46 comments Jo Nesbø was the first person to come to my mind. He writes what I think of as very classic noir stories. That said, I don't enjoy them, but I don't know if that's an issue with the author, or just a genre that I'm not that into so ymmv.

message 4: by Claire (new)

Claire  | 2 comments Audrey wrote: "Jo Nesbø was the first person to come to my mind. He writes what I think of as very classic noir stories. That said, I don't enjoy them, but I don't know if that's an issue with the..."

I think Nesbo is more grim than some others. The series that Camilla Lackberg wrote and that is set in Sweden is easier to read if you’re not used or into the genre.

message 5: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey (themoosebooks) | 5 comments I read Still Waters by Viveca Stein for this category. She inserts a lot of writing that I didn't think was completely necessary, but the plot moved quickly. I ended up predicting the ending but that may be the author's foreshadowing skills.