Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Archive (general & ongoing) > 2014 August - What are you reading?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 84 (84 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Vi (new)

Vi | 2012 comments Another month flew by! But take sometime to let us know what books you've read, currently reading or about to start. How were they?

message 2: by Vi (new)

Vi | 2012 comments I'll start off - I just finished Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels, #7) by Ilona Andrews and I'm still in a high. Awesome book. I really loved it - loved how Ilona Andrews took the book. Man, Kate & Curran just kicked ass in this book. I can't wait for the next one!

message 4: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19613 comments I'm reading The Scientist and the Supermodel (Genetic Attraction, #1) by Tara Lain .

Oooh Vi - I have Magic Bleeds up soon in audio. Can't wait. I love that series.

message 5: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 10994 comments I read Trust Trust by Zahra Owens this morning for the PIFM. I also started The Good Girl The Good Girl by Mary Kubica because I heard such good things....ok so far.

message 6: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Listening to One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress #6) by Jeaniene Frost and reading Killer Heat (Dept 6 Hired Guns, #3) by Brenda Novak

message 7: by Vi (new)

Vi | 2012 comments Jane (PS) wrote: "Oooh Vi - I have Magic Bleeds up soon in audio. Can't wait. I love that series. "

Oh, that book has Erra in it, I think. The ending scenes in that book are sooo good. And #5 is even better, if you ask me. It's a great series, Jane.

message 8: by Amber (new)

Amber Shaw | 2 comments So far this month I am reading Hot Alpha SEALs Military Romance Megaset by Anne Elizabeth

I want to read Ten Brides for Ten Heroes by Theresa Ragan , Embattled Hearts (Lost and Found, #1) by J.M. Madden The Embattled Road (Lost and Found, #0.5) by J.M. Madden Make Mine A Marine by Julie Miller

If i get done with those ill update more

message 9: by Kay (new)

Kay | 34 comments I want to start reading The Falling of Love (Falling, #1)by Marisa Oldham, then read Under a Blood Moon(Elemental Enchanters) and Under the Burning Stars (Elemental Enchanters #2) by Richards, Carrigan paranormal romance I been wanting to read.

Domino (aka Meme) (bryghtstarr) | 409 comments finished The Breaker's Concubine and liked it. now on to Claimed (Brides of the Kindred, #1) by Evangeline Anderson

message 12: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3557 comments Finished Vampire Mine (Love at Stake, #10) by Kerrelyn Sparks The Devil's Punchbowl (Penn Cage, #3) by Greg Iles On the Prowl (The Others, #6) by Christine Warren Cross Fire (Alex Cross, #17) by James Patterson

Currently reading Written in My Own Heart's Blood (Outlander, #8) by Diana Gabaldon The Serpent on the Crown (Amelia Peabody, #17) by Elizabeth Peters The Thirteenth House (Twelve Houses, #2) by Sharon Shinn

message 13: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 19601 comments Still chugging along, slowly, with Outlander...

This month I've finished Marked by Midnight, Alone with You, Lazy Sundays and Peanut Goes to School and should finish Any Given Sunday this evening! Not sure what is up next though.

message 14: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Finished Enraptured (Eternal Guardians, #4) by Elisabeth Naughton Killer Heat (Dept 6 Hired Guns, #3) by Brenda Novak and What Happens in London (Bevelstoke, #2) by Julia Quinn . Now reading Shield of Winter (Psy-Changeling, #13) by Nalini Singh and listening to One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress #6) by Jeaniene Frost

message 15: by Gea (last edited Aug 07, 2014 10:18AM) (new)

Gea (gea89) | 545 comments This has been a very interesting month so far. I have read one of my all-time favorites - Bender (The Core Four, #1) by Stacy Borel but I also had three 2 star books - The Ice Princess (Patrik Hedström, #1) by Camilla Läckberg Precarious (Jokers' Wrath MC, #1) by Bella Jewel Vision in White (Bride Quartet, #1) by Nora Roberts

These were good but nothing special - Until Lilly (Until, #3) by Aurora Rose Reynolds The Cat’s Meow (Assassin's Pride, #1) by Stormy Glenn Jake Undone (Gemini, #2) by Penelope Ward Archer's Voice by Mia Sheridan

message 17: by Noreen (last edited Aug 13, 2014 05:14PM) (new)

Noreen | 16 comments I know it's going to seem like a lot, but I am on vacation right now. So this week I read Marrying the Cowboy (Blue Falls, Texas, #3) by Trish Milburn Little Cowgirl on His Doorstep by Donna Alward I Hate Everyone... Starting with Me by Joan Rivers After Hours by Cara McKenna Stealing Coal (Cyborg Seduction, #5) by Laurann Dohner Touching Ice (Cyborg Seduction, #4) by Laurann Dohner Melting Iron (Cyborg Seduction, #3) by Laurann Dohner Reluctant (Cascadia Wolves, #3) by Lauren Dane Kissing Steel (Cyborg Seduction, #2) by Laurann Dohner Burning Up Flint (Cyborg Seduction, #1) by Laurann Dohner Throwing Heat (Diamonds and Dugouts #3) by Jennifer Seasons Blood Feud The Hatfields and the McCoys The Epic Story of Murder and Vengeance by Lisa Alther
I am currently reading: The Marriage Pact (The Brides of Bliss County, #1) by Linda Lael Miller
after those I will read: This House Is Haunted True Encounters with the World Beyond by Hans Holzer Taming Her Billionaire Boss (Dynasties The Jarrods #4) by Maxine Sullivan Kiss and Tell by Shannon Tweed Forbidden Pleasure (Bound Hearts, #8) by Lora Leigh Wild Cat (Shifters Unbound, #3) by Jennifer Ashley Pride Mates (Shifters Unbound, #1) by Jennifer Ashley and last for now Primal Bonds (Shifters Unbound, #2) by Jennifer Ashley

message 18: by Scarlet (new)

Scarlet (extraordinarygirl86) | 28 comments I'm almost done with Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1) by Veronica Rossi .

message 19: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 19601 comments I finished Breaking Danger last evening, it was good but not my favorite LMR by any means. I think I'll start Falling for Max today.

Still slowly making my way through Outlander... (Just not a whole lot of listening time these days!)

message 20: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 10994 comments I read I Didn't Come Here to Make Friends: Confessions of a Reality Show Villain I Didn't Come Here to Make Friends Confessions of a Reality Show Villain by Courtney Robertson , which had some fun behind the scenes tidbits, and now reading The Courage to Love The Courage to Love (Brothers in Arms, #1) by Samantha Kane for the tournament and still trying to get through Phone Kitten Phone Kitten by Marika Christian

message 22: by Tania (last edited Aug 09, 2014 07:30AM) (new)

Tania | 201 comments So far this month I've read Straddling the Line (Play by Play, #8) by Jaci Burton Winter Dreams Blithe Image / Song of the West by Nora Roberts Highland Hero by Hannah Howell In the Flesh by Sylvia Day Reaper Man (Discworld, #11) by Terry Pratchett

I'm trying to read some of my old TBR books mixed in with the new

message 23: by Bethany (last edited Aug 13, 2014 07:01AM) (new)

Bethany  | 321 comments Just finished: Dark Skye (Immortals After Dark #14) by Kresley Cole omg so good! If You Dare (MacCarrick Brothers, #1) by Kresley Cole and Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost the latter I didn't care for.

Update* Finished: Stranded with a Billionaire (Billionaire Boys Club, #1) by Jessica Clare Promises (Coda Books, #1) by Marie Sexton Born of Fire (The League, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon for the tournament

Working on: Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon King for a Day (The King Trilogy, #2) by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff

message 24: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 09, 2014 05:11PM) (new)

So far for this month I have read these

Frisco's Kid (Tall, Dark and Dangerous) #3 by Suzanne Brockmann
Everyday, Average Jones (Tall, Dark and Dangerous) #4 by Suzanne Brockman
Harvard's Education (Tall, Dark and Dangerous) #5 by Suzanne Brockmann

Redwood Bend (Virgin River) #18 by Robyn Carr
Sunrise Point (Virgin River) #19 by Robyn Carr
My Kind of Christmas (Virgin River) #20 by Robyn Carr
Walking on Air by Catherine Anderson

Harvard's Education (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #5) by Suzanne Brockmann Everyday, Average Jones (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #4) by Suzanne Brockmann Frisco's Kid (Tall, Dark & Dangerous #3) by Suzanne Brockmann Redwood Bend (Virgin River, #18) by Robyn Carr My Kind of Christmas (Virgin River, #20) by Robyn Carr Walking On Air (Valance Family, #1) by Catherine Anderson Sunrise Point (Virgin River, #19) by Robyn Carr

message 25: by James (new)

James D | 1 comments I'm reading The Fault in Our Pants A Parody of "The Fault in Our Stars" by Steve Lookner after reading The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

message 26: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 2657 comments Knight Awakened (Circle of Seven, #1) by Coreene Callahan Mystery Man (Dream Man, #1) by Kristen Ashley Archer's Voice by Mia Sheridan are my weekend reading

message 27: by Karen (new)

Karen (kloveesbooks) | 21 comments I am currently reading Rule (Marked Men, #1) by Jay Crownover by Jay Crownoverand then after I will be reading Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #1) by Lara Adrian by Lara Adrian and then hopefully after that I will be starting the Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1) by Jamie McGuire by Jamie McGuire

message 28: by Diane T. (new)

Diane T. (tickledpink49) | 254 comments Finished Raashh Decisions by Brenna Lyons Raashh Decisions and started The Olive Grove by Evelyn Hood The Olive Grove

message 29: by Amie (new)

Amie (alm0824) | 260 comments I'm currently reading Holiday in Death. It's so good to get back to Eve and Roarke!

message 30: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 2657 comments Reading The Heart of Texas (Texas, #1) by R.J. Scott

message 31: by Bethany (last edited Aug 13, 2014 06:59AM) (new)

Bethany  | 321 comments I noticed Phone Kitten by Marika Christian was being read and thought I'd try it too :-)

message 32: by cazdoll (new)

cazdoll | 14 comments I finished The Book Thief by Markus Zusak two weeks ago,5 stars loved it and im in the middle of The Fault in Our Stars by John Green and even though i seen the film first, im still loving the book

message 33: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 10994 comments Finished The Sheik and the Christmas Bride (Desert Rogues, #11) The Sheik and the Christmas Bride (Desert Rogues, #11) (Desert Rogues #11) by Susan Mallery for the tournament.

Tamed Tamed (Tangled, #3) by Emma Chase just came in from the library for me so I think that will be next!

Still need to finish Phone Kitten by Marika Christian

message 34: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 10994 comments Bethany wrote: "I noticed Phone Kitten by Marika Christian was being read and thought I'd try it too :-)"

Bethany, I hope you like it! It started off strong for me with a cute, unique premise, but has slowed down. I hope it picks back up :)

message 36: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19613 comments I'm reading Midnight (Dance with the Devil, #3) by Megan Derr - I love Megan Derr's writing :)

I'm listening to Parting Shot (A Matter of Time, #7) by Mary Calmes but it isn't cutting the 'Jory' mustard for me so far...

message 37: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 2657 comments I'm starting Blood Warrior (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #1) by H.D. Gordon and on audio Beyond the Night (Envy Chronicles, #1) by Joss Ware

message 38: by Erin (new)

Erin H | 758 comments I have started Divergent by Veronica Roth- so far it's good but I'm trying not to compare it to the movie!!

message 39: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 2657 comments Erin wrote: "I have started Divergent by Veronica Roth- so far it's good but I'm trying not to compare it to the movie!!"

The movie is at the redbox

message 40: by Tania (new)

Tania | 201 comments Finished The Knight (Highland Guard, #7.5) by Monica McCarty . My first kindle book.

message 41: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments Ezinwanyi~the Troublemaker wrote: "Erin wrote: "I have started Divergent by Veronica Roth- so far it's good but I'm trying not to compare it to the movie!!"

The movie is at the redbox"

i may have to rent this weekend and see how it is...

message 42: by Diane T. (new)

Diane T. (tickledpink49) | 254 comments Finished Sebastian and started Misha (Lanning's Leap, #1) by Kathi S. Barton Misha by Kathi S. Barton

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

this weeks reads:

Chill Factor by Sandra Brown
It Came Upon a Midnight Clear (Tall, Dark and Dangerous) #6 by Suzanne Brockmann
The Admiral's Bride (Tall, Dark and Dangerous) # 7 by Suzanne Brockmann
Chill Factor by Sandra Brown It Came Upon a Midnight Clear (Tall, Dark & Dangerous #6) by Suzanne Brockmann The Admiral's Bride (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #7) by Suzanne Brockmann

Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood)#1 by J.R. Ward Audiobook
Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood) #2 by J.R. Ward audiobook
Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood) #3 by J.R. Ward audiobook

Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #2) by J.R. Ward Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3) by J.R. Ward

message 44: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 19601 comments Finally nearing the end of Outlander, and by that I mean I only have six hours left to listen to...

Since my last update I finished Master of the Mountain and The Letter Z, both good in their own way but very different. I haven't started anything else to read as I am trying to force myself to focus on the listening and finishing up Outlander since the last two books I need for the monthly are both ones I want to listen to as well. I should get back to a more normal reading routine by Monday or Tuesday.

message 45: by Vi (new)

Vi | 2012 comments LOL, MK! Granted that I'm a audiobook newbie but I don't think I can listen to these epic books. It would be like listening to something that goes on and on without an end in sight.. :P It takes me one Dresden book two weeks to finish it. I can't imagine listening to Outlander.

message 46: by Vi (new)

Vi | 2012 comments Btw, how are you finding it so far?

message 47: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 19601 comments Vi wrote: "Btw, how are you finding it so far?"

I'm really enjoying it, the narration is really very good! I do find at times the story is a little slow, but good. I at 88% but still have almost 4 hours to go... I do feel like like I'm nearing the end, finally!

message 48: by Tania (new)

Tania | 201 comments Just finished Robert & Cybil The Winning Hand\The Perfect Neighbor by Nora Roberts am trying to finish some of the series I have on the go.

message 49: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3557 comments Finished The Thirteenth House (Twelve Houses, #2) by Sharon Shinn A Thief In A Kilt (Castle Blackstone, #3) by Sandy Blair Slay It with Flowers (A Flower Shop Mystery, #2) by Kate Collins A Taint In The Blood (Kate Shugak, #14) by Dana Stabenow Heart of Atlantis (Warriors of Poseidon, #8) by Alyssa Day White Wedding by Ursula Sinclair Tall, Dark & Lonely (Pyte/Sentinel, #1) by R.L. Mathewson Feel the Heat (Black Ops, #4) by Cindy Gerard The Trouble With Witches (Ophelia & Abby, #3) by Shirley Damsgaard The Big Dirt Nap (Dirty Business, #2) by Rosemary Harris

Currently Reading Written in My Own Heart's Blood (Outlander, #8) by Diana Gabaldon The Serpent on the Crown (Amelia Peabody, #17) by Elizabeth Peters Show and Tell (Fortune Hunter Trilogy, #2) by Jasmine Haynes

message 50: by Marybeth (new)

Marybeth (narutofan14) Yesterday i finally finished reading The Treatment (The Program, #2) by Suzanne Young and it was okay. I am now working my way through Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu and then i will finish up Gone (Gone, #1) by Michael Grant sometime next week but with college starting on monday so right now i won't be doing as much reading as i want to. We will just see how my first week goes. I have been having butterfly feelings all night thinking about tomorrow.

« previous 1