Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Failed to edit this book myself

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nelly_K (new)

Nelly_K | 15 comments Hello, newbie librarian here, and I need help with this author's profile data; he's listed as Sergei Kan on most of his books' covers and here:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...
he is listed as Sergei A. Kan. I tried to edit the data according to the manual (adding Sergei Kan as the second author) but my changes weren't saved by the system, so this person still has two profiles on GR. Also, if a person has two or more author's roles in the book (eg., Editor and Complier), should they be listed separately or divided by a punctuation mark in the same "role" field?

message 2: by Abcdarian (last edited Jun 13, 2018 11:21AM) (new)

Abcdarian | 23355 comments Normally we could put all the books under the name with middle initial since that includes the name without initial for searches, but since there's only one book (4 editions) with the A. in the author name, I added Sergei Kan as another name to those. You have to use a work-around involving adding a different last name in order to get it to save & then correct it. (I used Sergei Kan 2)

Re two author roles, they would go in the same field; otherwise it would be the same problem, the name wouldn't save twice. (Compiler, btw, not Complier; please pardon my compulsion to correct.)

message 3: by Nelly_K (new)

Nelly_K | 15 comments Abcdarian wrote: "Normally we could put all the books under the name with middle initial since that includes the name without initial for searches, but since there's only one book (4 editions) with the A. in the aut..."

Thank you very much! English is my second language, so I make silly mistakes sometimes )