The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Report for Duty > Hello from Slovenia!

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebeka (last edited Jun 14, 2018 03:00AM) (new)

Rebeka | 4 comments Hi, my name is Rebeka and I'm from Slovenia.
I'm a huge fan of mystery/crime/thrillers and it's really hard for me to pick favourite author. I guess I can point out Agatha Christie since she's the first author I read from this genre. But over the years I read many authors and I'm super excited to be a part of this group and discuss about my favourite books. I'm also looking forward to getting some advice about what I should read next.

message 2: by Thomas (new)

Thomas (tom471) | 1595 comments Welcome Rebeka

message 3: by Skye (new)

Skye | 2105 comments Hi there, Rebeka; welcome!

message 4: by Bill (new)

Bill Welcome to the group Rebeka. You'll get lots of excellent recommendations from this group. Check out the group reads as well, maybe you'll feel like trying some of those books..

message 5: by Rebeka (new)

Rebeka | 4 comments Thank you

message 6: by Richard (new)

Richard (ricoh) | 106 comments So pleased to welcome you as well; it is always good to hear new and different opinions. We in the U.K. take for granted our heritage in crime detective fiction, so your perceptive and enjoyment will be most interesting.

message 7: by Nancy, Co-Moderator (new)

Nancy Oakes (quinnsmom) | 9329 comments Mod
Welcome!!

message 8: by Nancy, Co-Moderator (new)

Nancy Oakes (quinnsmom) | 9329 comments Mod
Richard wrote: "So pleased to welcome you as well; it is always good to hear new and different opinions. We in the U.K. take for granted our heritage in crime detective fiction, so your perceptive and enjoyment wi..."

It is indeed a long and plentiful heritage, Richard!!

message 9: by Gisela (new)

Gisela Hafezparast | 368 comments Welcome Rebeka, any recommendations from Slovenian authors?

message 10: by Rebeka (new)

Rebeka | 4 comments Gisela wrote: "Welcome Rebeka, any recommendations from Slovenian authors?"

Ufff... I spent quite some time looking for mystery books from Slovenian authors that are translated to at least English. To be honest I don't read Slovenian authors. I didn't even know that there are so many mystery books by Slovenian authors until now.
Anyway... I didn't find any but I can still name some and you can check them yourself.

message 11: by Gisela (new)

Gisela Hafezparast | 368 comments Rebeka wrote: "Gisela wrote: "Welcome Rebeka, any recommendations from Slovenian authors?"

Ufff... I spent quite some time looking for mystery books from Slovenian authors that are translated to at least English..."

Thanks for trying. I especially enjoy crime from different countries, as this tends to be a good way of finding out about their cultures, problems, good points. I'm sure I'll find a Slovenian one day.

message 12: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (officerripley) Welcome!

message 13: by Danni (new)

Danni lynn ❤ (danni_lynn88) | 157 comments Welcome 💟

message 14: by Rebeka (new)

Rebeka | 4 comments Thank you

message 15: by Wendy (new)

Wendy | 573 comments Gisela join our UN Challenge.