UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Author Zone - Readers Welcome! > Cross Promotions (FREE)

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Have you any data on how many readers access and download from your site?

message 2: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25096 comments Or what UF and PNR mean?

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments And NL.

Seems there's a whole shorthand language we're not aware of, Kath.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments UF seems to be urban fantasy.

PNR...paranormal romance?

Didn't take me any time to type out the whole words. :)

Still no idea what NL is though.

message 5: by Benjamin (new)

Benjamin Appleby-Dean (benjaminappleby-dean) I think from context it's meant to be ML - mailing list?

message 6: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25096 comments If I can't make sense of the site because it's all in shorthand I'm not interested. First rule of writing - make it comprehensible.

message 7: by David (new)

David Manuel | 1147 comments Kath wrote: "If I can't make sense of the site because it's all in shorthand I'm not interested. First rule of writing - make it comprehensible."

James Joyce might disagree.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments More Irvine Welsh, I'd say.

message 9: by Patti (baconater) (last edited Jun 13, 2018 12:13PM) (new)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Thanks for the clarifications, Victoria.

Please don't be put off by our comments. Everyone in our (and by 'our' I certainly include you) group wants the best for authors and readers.

In my book (see what I did there?) all opportunities of promotion are worth exploring.

I want only the best for our authors.

As a reader, I look at these sorts of sites with a different eye, though.

I recommend books I've enjoyed, not promo sites.

Even the Amazon best seller lists are quite rubbish, in my opinion.

I'm quite happy to entertain differing opinions, of course.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Anything that's fun is worth the effort.
If I didn't love moderating this group, I wouldn't spend so many hours a week (day) here.

I do wonder if it would be worthwhile if all the independent promo sites got together and gave Amazon a run for their money.

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9139 comments Where'd she go?

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Mustn't had much faith in her promo site.

message 13: by H.E. (new)

H.E. Bulstrode (goodreadscomhebulstrode) | 58 comments NL? Netherlands? A new niche genre, but probably more welcome than shapeshifting unicorns which seem to be a feature of some US Kindle releases.

message 14: by M.T. (new)

M.T. McGuire (mtmcguire) | 7858 comments NL = Newsletter. ;-) I couldn’t find the original post but I thought I’d let you all know what the abbreviation was. UF and PNR is basically man chest books with a sci-fi twist.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments She did a runner, Mary.

Hopefully she learned something about promoting before she did.

message 16: by Jim (new)

Jim | 22174 comments It's like wandering into a crime scene and trying to work out who the victim was from the chalk outline on the floor :-)