UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

The First Noble Truth
This topic is about The First Noble Truth
Meet the Authors > C Lynn Murphy- Travel Musings

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments What will you be doing in Mongolia?

Perhaps you'll find yak butter a good substitute for coconut oil.

message 2: by Patti (baconater) (last edited Aug 01, 2014 02:42AM) (new)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments That sounds fascinating!

Will you be researching funeral rites in otherr cultures as well, at some point?

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Oh and remind me to not sit next you on a flight. ;)

message 4: by Patti (baconater) (last edited Aug 01, 2014 02:48AM) (new)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I live in Azerbaijan and the funeral rites there are very interesting.
They go on for weeks.

Perhaps you won't be ostracised on flights if you carry some toast.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments I hear yak butter tea is quite nasty. Have you tried it?

message 6: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25093 comments My nana used to say that butter never ruined anything but black velvet!

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Well ok, I'll take your word for it, although I won't be trying it any time soon. I had 'Indian Tea' in Nepal, which was lovely - very sweet and milky, probably chai. But very welcome after a 14 hour minibus ride on dirt roads.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Yep, me too. Its my favourite drink at coffee shops.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Well I can be tempted away for a nice gingerbread latte...

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I miss proper Indian chai, served on a train platform in an unfired clay cup.

We're teachers, C. Don't worry, I hadn't heard of Azerbaijan before we were offered the job there.

I much preferred East Africa over Nigeria...

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments We teach in international schools. Kids of oil workers, all nationalities. Dave does primary while I teach across all ages.

We were in Nigeria for seven years, left a couple years ago. We were fairly safe as long as we stayed on the compound on Bonny Island but travelling in and out of the country could be a bit of a nightmare. I loathed having to overnight in Lagos waiting for flights. I'm glad to be out of there.

Working in international schools is great. Most of our friends have the same wanderlust as we have.

My family reckons I've got two heads...

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Ah, but who is weird? Those who quite happily live their entire lives without travelling 100 Kim's from home (like my sister) or people like us who get itchy if we stay too long in one place?

I don't think either is weird. Just different.

Oh and I exaggerate about my sister. She flew. Once. I think she may even have a passport...

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Kim's??

How far is a Kim? Sheesh. Love auto correct.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Lmao!

And then you're reached the point of no return!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Cripes I can't type today.

Oh, who am I kidding. I can't type on any day.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Love Buzzfeed!

We've got a typo thread in here too.

I envy you. You've got loads of great stuff to discover in here.

Have you found the 'unread' button yet?

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Well, you've stumbled on the funnest, friendliest forum on the interweb. :)