Play Book Tag discussion

Never Let You Go
This topic is about Never Let You Go
Archive: Other Books > Never Let You Go by Chevy Stevens - 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ellen | 2327 comments Lindsey and Andrew Nash were a blissfully married couple with a beautiful baby daughter, Sophie, who was loved and cherished by both parents. At first Lindsey didn't seem to mind how over-protective Andrew was of her until it devolved into Andrew following her, spying on her, taking her car keys so that she couldn't leave the house, and eventually, abuse. Now the sweet little Sophie has become a threat to Lindsey; if she should ever try to leave Andrew he would take Sophie away and Lindsey would never see her child again. By the time Sophie was 7, Lindsey managed to sneak away with her daughter and move to a remote island in Canada. Andrew, in a blind rage had tried to follow his wife but instead caused an accident in which a young woman was killed. He would spend the next 11 years in prison.

Lindsey and Sophie have a good life with Lindsey's own cleaning service and Sophie with friends and a budding romance with her first boyfriend. Suddenly Lindsey feels that she is being watched and that someone has been breaking into her house. The fact that Andrew was recently released from prison causes her great alarm and she believes that he is stalking her once again. She is convinced that he will still be furious enough with her that he will not stop until he kills her.

I liked this book for the most part. Lindsey is a good character with hidden strengths and Sophie is a typical teen but with the added pressure of a possibly unhinged father. The suspense built quite well during the story but I felt it was just too long for the plot. I didn't solve the mystery until quite near the end. Not bad.

LibraryCin | 9077 comments Aw, I'm sorry you didn't like it more!

message 3: by Joi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joi (missjoious) | 3834 comments I had to look back at my review to remember the detais of this, and it's only been like 5 months since I've read it- clearly it didn't stick with me.

I really enjoyed this ride, but the ending totally killed it for me. Dropped a 4 star book down to 3 stars for the ending.