Hogwarts Roleplay and Discussion discussion

Diagon Alley > Ollivander's Wand Shop

Comments Showing 1-50 of 71 (71 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Julia, Permanent Head Mod (new)

Julia | 1946 comments Mod

message 2: by Julia, Permanent Head Mod (new)

"That wasn't too bad, was it?" he asked Rose, smiling.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

"Terrible," Rose laughed. "But totally worth it."

message 4: by Julia, Permanent Head Mod (new)

"Totally!" he shouted as he walked into the shop.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Rose looked at the rows of wands in awe. The shopkeeper walked over to them. ((I think I have to go soon, so if I'm not on until morning, goodnight!))

message 6: by Julia, Permanent Head Mod (new)

((No problem))

"What type of wand did you have?" he asked.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

"Cherry with dragon heartstring, 10"," Rose answered, smiling anxiously up at the shopkeeper.

message 8: by Julia, Permanent Head Mod (new)

A minute later, the wand maker came back with Rose's new wand and handed it to her.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

"Thank you so much!" Rose exclaimed, hugging the wandmaker and Albus before handing over the galleons.

message 10: by Julia, Permanent Head Mod (new)

"We'd better get back before we get in even more trouble," Albus told her as they mounted their brooms again.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

"Oh, I'm probably getting a howler in the morning," Rose said, sobering.

message 12: by Julia, Permanent Head Mod (new)

"That's the least of our worries. We've got at least a month of detention now!" He said.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

"I missed detention twice today! I'll be lucky if I don't get it for the rest of the year!" Rose said, beginning to worry.

message 14: by Julia, Permanent Head Mod (new)

"I'm just glad I only missed one!" He exclaimed.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

"Good for you," Rose hissed, smacking him on the shoulder. "We really need to head back."

message 16: by Julia, Permanent Head Mod (new)

"Ow!" He rubbed his shoulder. "Alright, alright!" He hopped into the air and started flying for Hogwarts.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Rose followed Albus, a little less terrified of the concept of flying. "Hey, if the teachers and our parents don't murder us, can you try to give me flying lessons?"

message 18: by Julia, Permanent Head Mod (new)

"Of course!" He shouted through the wind smiling as the fresh air blew through his hair.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

"Thanks!" Rose said. They could see Hogwarts Castle in the distance.

message 20: by Julia, Permanent Head Mod (new)

"Almost there!" He said

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Rose gulped as they landed in the Quidditch Pitch.

message 22: by Julia, Permanent Head Mod (new)

"Let's try to sneak back up to the common room," Albus said

message 23: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 01, 2014 06:59AM) (new)

"What about the kitchen?" Rose asked. "I haven't had dinner. . . ."

message 24: by Julia, Permanent Head Mod (new)

((Albus was already at the great hall for dinner earlier...))

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

((Rose hasn't had any dinner. She's just had Butterbeer in the Three Broomsticks.))

message 26: by Julia, Permanent Head Mod (new)

((Should we just say she missed dinner?))

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

((I just changed it to "I"))

message 28: by Julia, Permanent Head Mod (new)

"Sure," he said. He pulled out the invisibility cloak and covered them.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

"Why didn't we use this coming back from the Lake?" Rose asked with a groan.

message 30: by Julia, Permanent Head Mod (new)

"I don't know..." He trailed off.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

"Facepalm," Rose laughed. "Let's get something from the Kitchens and head up to the Common Room!"

((You post first in the Kitchens?))

message 32: by Julia, Permanent Head Mod (new)

((Sure!))

message 33: by Julia, Permanent Head Mod (new)

((Posted :) ))

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Sol glanced up and down all the various boxes of wands. Every time he saw it, it amazed him all over again. That was actually sort of a miracle, considering Hadrian was looking to buy what would become his third wand. Was it really his fault that the last one had gotten smashed in his suitcase? Lux, his younger sister who was still at Hogwarts, had teased him endlessly for it in her few letters. They were close, but both had a bit of a habit of getting incredibly wrapped up in what they were doing and forgetting there was a world beyond what they were doing. In fact, that was what was happening with these wands now. He was so mesmerized by them that he failed to notice the other person until he bumped into him.

The Full Bookshelf Reviews "Oops," Ivor said, his crazy red hair that went below his shoulders which all the guys on the Quidditch team teased him about and caught all of those admiring Hufflepuff girls on the sidelines' stare, going wild as his head collided with the other wizard's shoulder. "Ow! For Merlin's sake- oh, I'm so sorry!" he said, remembering that he had, in fact, collided with someone.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Sol shrugged. "Think nothing of it." He stepped to the side to regain his personal bubble. However, he found himself unable to sink back deeply into the awe. Instead, he stared at Ivor's hair before slipping into thoughts about how similar it was to some of the stuff he worked with at the Department of Mysteries.

The Full Bookshelf Reviews Ivor tried to get through all of the hair to see if there were any remaining signs of what he had just done. Of course, he was no stranger to bumps and bruises; he had fallen off his broom during his first game and hit his head on the ground, causing Gryffindor to win. He hadn't lost but three Quidditch games since. "Are you okay?" he asked the other wizard.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Sol nodded slowly as if still a bit enthralled by the other wizard's hair. It really was like his friend Amali's pet project, he thought. He reached out a hand and touched a strand of that hair, rubbing it between his fingers while he stared in awe at it. If one were to say he was gaping in shock at it, he would denounce that person as a liar even though said person would have been speaking the truth.

The Full Bookshelf Reviews "Oh," he laughed, "um, that... I swear, it just looks like that. I don't do anything to it. And, quite frankly, I'm too busy to cut it." He examined the wall of wands. He was coming to get an extra one, because the one he had had since his first year wasn't looking too great.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Sol nodded slowly, still in a trance-like state while staring at the other boy's hair. After a moment, he pulled a pair of scissors out of his pocket and snipped off a piece. He held it up in his hand staring at it in overt fascination. His lips slowly curled up in a grin.

The Full Bookshelf Reviews "Thanks for the help," Ivor said. He was used to fascination, but not this much.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Sol was definitely not considering stuffing this in a piece of wood and seeing if it would be a functional wand. Definitely not. He fiddled with the hair for a moment before going to trim off another piece of a different length to compare the two different locks.

The Full Bookshelf Reviews Ivor jerked back. "Dude!" he said, thinking about his American Muggle cousins. That was what they said when people said things that slightly shocked them. "What are you doing with my hair? I don't even know your name!"

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Sol blinked in confusion. Was there something strange about what he was doing? "I am taking a sample of it. I am going to see if I can use it to engineer a wand. I wonder if it'll help with my sister's potions . . . ." Everyone knew about Lux's potions, but everyone forgot in favor of being completely weirded out by her behavior.

The Full Bookshelf Reviews "Oh," he said, trying to play it cool in typical Ivor nature. He ran a hand through his hair again. "Well, I wouldn't necessarily say that my hair is very magical, but for the benefit of you and your sister... hey, is there any chance I've seen her around before? She goes to Hogwarts?"

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Sol felt illogically overprotective of his fifth year Ravenclaw sister. "Yeah, she's a big terrifying seventh year Ravenclaw." He rubbed the hair against his palm and then lunged towards Ivor in an attempt to get another sample.

The Full Bookshelf Reviews "Big and terrifying, huh? I would be cowering, being a weak little Hufflepuff and all." He felt the scissors return to the ends of his hair. "Oi, I'd like to keep a bit of that."

((For some reason, whenever I create redhead characters their hair ends up getting chopped off. XD))

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

((By my charries, apparently))

And Ivor did get to keep it. About half of it. All on one side of his head. Even Sol thought his new haircut looked rather like the epitome of ridiculous. And Sol was very pleased with all of the orange hair he'd successfully acquired.

The Full Bookshelf Reviews ((Oh, my gosh. Run, Hugo!))

"I hope this helps your terrifying Ravenclaw sister with her potions that do who knows what," he said, shrugging it off as he always did, although he secretly hoped he could somehow recover the hair. He knew the rest of the team would wonder what happened next time at Quidditch practice.

message 50: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 19, 2015 08:29PM) (new)

((Paris is nice and normal. Not mean or spacy with no grasp of societal customs. We should RP Ivor and Lux after this))

« previous 1