Boling for Books discussion

Cry, The Beloved Country

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alyson (new)

Alyson (alysontaylor) | 11 comments Enjoying this book so far. Very different from what I'm used to reading.

message 2: by James (new)

James Boling | 14 comments Same here...intended to post another quote last night but forgot.

message 3: by Alyson (new)

Alyson (alysontaylor) | 11 comments Okay. I am making it a personal goal to finish reading this book before Game Day.

message 4: by Jeremy (new)

Jeremy | 12 comments Mod
I was just thinking about this last night myself! Berry College had a speaker from South Africa who was involved in the ending of Apartheid and met who met with Nelson Mandela. I was able to attend a dinner with him before the session and hearing about the journey of racial reconciliation was fascinating!

message 5: by James (new)

James Boling | 14 comments Began to think y'all had decided "Go Set a Watchman" would be the next read for the group...saw both Lauren & Alyson starting it at about the same time :)

message 6: by Jeremy (new)

Jeremy | 12 comments Mod
I thought the same thing!

message 7: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 7 comments Alyson, Haley, and I just joined a book club in the area and Go Set a Watchman is the book for November :)

I'll try to finish this one up before Thanksgiving too. I think I read about half of it before getting distracted!

message 8: by Alyson (new)

Alyson (alysontaylor) | 11 comments Woo! Finally finished. What a rich book, and what a satisfying ending.