What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Con-Fidence
This topic is about Con-Fidence
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA/Middle Grade contemporary second person fiction. Average girl becomes friends with pretty popular girl and they run for student government. Spoilers ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (kathreadsbooks) | 4 comments I think I read this book between 2004 and 2007 and it was likely published during that time period. Written in English and takes place in the U.S. I may have ordered it out of one of those scholastic book catalogs. The most striking thing about the book is that it's in second person. I believe the cover has an image of a mirror.

SPOILERS AHEAD

It's about a normal/average girl who becomes friends with a pretty popular girl who I'm pretty sure is named Celeste. The two run for student government and the average girl wins Treasurer. Celeste and the average girl continue to hang out a lot, but Celeste does weird stuff like always forget her wallet, forcing average girl to pay for things like pizza and cabs. At one point Celeste says the two girls should practice their signatures. Later, Celeste forges the average girl's signature in order to withdraw money from the student government account, which she uses to buy a special ice skating costume for the class skating party.

message 3: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (kathreadsbooks) | 4 comments Kym wrote: "Con-Fidence by Todd Strasser"

Oh my gosh, THANK YOU. Did you just remember it or were you able to find it?

message 4: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (kathreadsbooks) | 4 comments SOLVED. The title is in the first comment above.

message 5: by Kym (new)

Kym | 1058 comments You’re welcome Katherine. It came up on a google search -

www.goodreads.com “young adult” popular “Celeste” student government

It really helps when you can remember a name.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Con-Fidence (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Todd Strasser (other topics)