Our Shared Shelf discussion

Announcements > Exciting news!

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Helen, Our Shared Shelf Moderator (new)

Helen | 44 comments Mod
Dearest OSS members:

Currently on holiday, enjoying some warmish June weather in the UK, and had to take a moment to share this news with you.

The lovely and gracious Kate Moore agreed to send us a video of some answers to your pressing questions! And today our brilliant OSS alumni author Reni Eddo-Lodge interviewed the amazing Angie Thomas in London and will be sending us that video soon!

And if that wasn't enough, a little birdie told me that Emma is getting ready to announce the next book for July/August.

Thank you to everyone who sent in questions for our authors. I'm ever so impressed by the passion and level of intellectual curiosity exhibited by our fantastic, intersectional feminist book club. One of my contacts at a big, fancy publishing house recently remarked that OSS is a group of "serious" readers. I knew that and you knew that, but it's sure nice to hear that others know it, too!

With love,
Helen

Agnes Szalkowska | 386 comments Finally ! Wow OSS starts to be busy . New Videos , new books , new interview .

OMG I am soooo exacting...

message 3: by My Quiet Pages (new)

My Quiet Pages (myquietpages) | 8 comments Wow this is great news, I can't wait to see Kate Moore's video. She certainly did The Radium girls proud. I can't stress enough what a great book The Radium girls is, I have been talking about it to anyone who will listen. What those poor women went through and the courage they had to fight on and yet I had never heard about their story until now. I would be interested to hear if similar incidents happened in Europe too. Thanks for sharing!

message 4: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 13 comments Can’t wait for the video!!!

And thanks for taking time to give us this beautiful news even if you’re on holiday!!!

I’m so grateful to be part of this amazing group!!!

message 5: by Ross (new)

Ross | 1444 comments we have lift off :)

message 6: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 13, 2018 01:21PM) (new)

Hello!

So many good news! Just like many people, I am eager for watching/listening those interviews.

A "serious" club, so much pressure for us! :O Ho! wait... there are inverted commas so it is still fine! :p

Once again, thanks for the energy you invest/provide! :)

Have a sunny day!

message 7: by Helen, Our Shared Shelf Moderator (new)

Helen | 44 comments Mod
Ha ha, Florian. The quotes around serious were mine. We are definitely a group of passionate and committed readers. And today was sunny, mostly! Thank you!!

message 8: by Helen, Our Shared Shelf Moderator (new)

Helen | 44 comments Mod
Samantha wrote: "Can’t wait for the video!!!

And thanks for taking time to give us this beautiful news even if you’re on holiday!!!

I’m so grateful to be part of this amazing group!!!"

So excited that all the interviews are coming together. I'm feeling the gratitude, too, Samantha! Thank you.

message 9: by Helen, Our Shared Shelf Moderator (new)

Helen | 44 comments Mod
My Quiet Pages wrote: "Wow this is great news, I can't wait to see Kate Moore's video. She certainly did The Radium girls proud. I can't stress enough what a great book The Radium girls is, I have been talking about it t..."

Agree about Radium Girls. Both books this month are so affecting in very different ways!

message 10: by Nadine (new)

Nadine ♥ (misshappyreading) | 21 comments My Quiet Pages wrote: "I can't stress enough what a great book The Radium girls is, I have been talking about it to anyone who will listen..."

Same here. I can't stop thinking and talking about that topic.
I can't wait so see the video from Kate Moore. I sent a question and I'm very curious about the answer.

Also I love that Emma is picking the next book.

Have a lovely day everyone.

message 11: by My Quiet Pages (new)

My Quiet Pages (myquietpages) | 8 comments Helen wrote: "My Quiet Pages wrote: "Wow this is great news, I can't wait to see Kate Moore's video. She certainly did The Radium girls proud. I can't stress enough what a great book The Radium girls is, I have ..."

I haven't read the other book yet but I plan on staring it this weekend.

message 12: by Dagny Moland (new)

Dagny Moland Seim | 48 comments Great news! Loved The Hate U Give, couldn't put it down. Still need to get my hands on The Radium girls.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay! Just joined this group and I'm loving it! Can't wait to start reading =)

message 14: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 17, 2018 07:16AM) (new)

Thanks Helen for sharing a beautiful news with us,i too want to share some good and exciting news with my friends,
Today,in all Muslim countries we are celebrating our religious festival
"Eid"and everyone is so happy and cheerful...

message 15: by Deka (new)

Deka Gedleh | 9 comments That’s wonderful!!

message 16: by Cyn (new)

Cyn | 80 comments Wonderful news!

message 17: by Anna (new)

Anna | 38 comments Great news !! I am so grateful for this group. The many different books on feminism etc really broadens my horizon. Looking forward to hear about the book for July / August. Happy reading everyone :)

message 18: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (goodreadscomdawn_irena) | 8 comments Magnificent news here! I enjoyed both books tremendously these past months. I am obsessed with sharing The Hate U Give and as a Book Fairy in the USA this is one book I will be sharing abundantly. The message of sharing communication between generations and all races, professions and every point of view being heard and brought out to communication levels to face change and not just brought out to show and continue hatred and violence is the message that MUST be taken forward everywhere in our world today. Otherwise, we will just continue with violence until we are all gone with loss of all sight of love left in our lives. I cannot expresss how much this story affected me. I wish everyone in the world could read this book. It is so relevant to our times.

Now , Next books please !