What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Magic by Moonlight (Stardust, #1)
This topic is about Magic by Moonlight
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Teen, fantasy, a young girl finds out that her next-door neighbour is a fairy and that she could be one too. Possible Spoilers ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Grace (last edited Jun 12, 2018 09:38PM) (new) - added it

Grace | 2 comments **SOLVED** the "Stardust" series by Linda Chapman

Most likely for teens (as I read it in primary school: 2005 - 2012), would have come out around or before this time. Was set in modern day of when the book was released, and most likely took place in America. Published in English. Is a series of 3 - 4 books.

About a young girl (tween - young teen aged) who finds out that her next door neighbour is a fairy, and she could be one too.

I remember that earrings and piercings were a big thing (especially for the girl's neighbour) and that bracelets/earrings with specific stones were given to the new girls who joined the group of fairies. I think there were anklets that allowed them to fly and the earrings allowed them to communicate.

In one scene, the neighbour's mum takes the main character to get her ears pierced, and she is really scared because she thinks her parents will be mad at her. I think in the same scene, the neighbour is getting some different sort of piercing, like a tongue or bellybutton piercing, and the main character can't believe that the neighbour's mum lets her do stuff like that.

They all sneak out at night to meet each other to do fairy things. (Super vague, I know.)

Sorry, my description is probably really vague, I read the series quite some time ago and it just popped back into my mind recently. I will update if I remember anything else.

Thanks in advance.

message 2: by Cupcakedoll (new)

Cupcakedoll | 305 comments Magic by Moonlight (Stardust, #1) by Linda Chapman

It's been a long time since I read these but I feel like some of the details match. If this isn't it I hope you find the book so I can read it!

message 3: by Grace (new) - added it

Grace | 2 comments Cupcakedoll wrote: "Magic by Moonlight (Stardust, #1) by Linda Chapman

It's been a long time since I read these but I feel like some of the details match. If this isn't it I hope you find the book so I can read it!"

OMG that's it!!! Thank you. This has been driving me crazy like all day.

message 4: by Despina (new)

Despina Lazarou | 4 comments Thank you so much for finding this, I've spent months on and off looking for this book!!!