YA Addicted Book Club discussion

Genres > YA - Horror

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Liliana (lililostinabook) | 2328 comments Mod
Have you read a YA Horror book that you love? Looking for recommendations of Horror novels? Use this thread for all your YA Horror talk.

message 2: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

I love horror! It's probably one of my most favorite genres ever! Some of my favorite horror books are:

The Girl from the Well (The Girl from the Well, #1) by Rin Chupeco Ever watch the movie The Ring? Well, that movie and this book are based on the same myth/legend! Okiku is a ghosts who kills child murderers... It's so good!

Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1) by Kendare Blake "Just your average boy-meets-girl, girl-kills-people story..." Cas hunts down ghosts and kills them. Yeah, as weird as that sounds, he kills the dead. His next target? Anna Dressed in Blood. But this ghost is different. Sure she kills people who dare enter her house, but she spared Cas's life!

MARY The Summoning (Bloody Mary, #1) by Hillary Monahan Everyone knows Bloody Mary. This book is a great iteration!

And I also read a ton of Fear Street. And they're not all that scary tbh, they're, more thrillers, but they can get pretty creepy at times! The author writes really good, really creepy descriptions! Some of my favorites are:
Silent Night (Silent Night, #1 Fear Street Super Chillers, #2) by R.L. Stine Trapped (Fear Street, #51) by R.L. Stine Sunburn (Fear Street, #19) by R.L. Stine

message 3: by Bri (new)

Bri I enjoyed One Was Lost by Natalie Richards. It was a real page turner!

One Was Lost by Natalie D. Richards

message 4: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Brianna wrote: "I enjoyed One Was Lost by Natalie Richards. It was a real page turner!

One Was Lost by Natalie D. Richards"

This sounds very interesting! I may have to add it to my tbr list!

message 5: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Martin (kellymartinbooks) | 1 comments I love reading YA horror.... I love writing YA horror ;)

Some of my favorites are:
There's Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins

Alone by Cyn Balog

and

Dark and Deadly Things (Dark Things #1) by Kelly Martin

It took me a while to get into ONE WAS LOST. It had a cool mystery to it, though.

message 6: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Kelly wrote: "I love reading YA horror.... I love writing YA horror ;)

Some of my favorites are:
There's Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins

Alone by Cyn Balog

and

[bookcover:Dark and Dead..."

Omg I have both Alone and There's Someone Inside Your House! I haven't read them yet, but they're definitely up next... sometime lol. Also Dark and Deadly Things sounds pretty awesome!

message 7: by Tyler (last edited Jun 30, 2018 02:41AM) (new)

Tyler J Gray (wickedjr89) I have been enjoying some Fear Street books this year! Another group i'm in has been reading one a month. My favorite so far being Switched.

Killer Pizza by Greg Taylor trilogy was really fun! Toby wants to become a world famous chef and ends up working at Killer Pizza for a summer job, which ends up being a front for a monster hunting organization he gets pulled into! Gave me major Buffy the vampire slayer vibes. Action, characters I loved and buffy vibes is my kinda book! <3

Also enjoyed
And the trees crept in by Dawn Kurtagich
What Lies Beneath by Richard Denney
Bitten by R.L Stine (loved this as a teen, re-read it as an adult and everything came back to me! Still enjoyed it.)
The Awesome by Eva Darrows
and Sarah by Teri Polen

message 8: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) | 1952 comments Mod
I'm not a horror fan but just read Alice (The Chronicles of Alice, #1) by Christina Henry I thought it was gonna be a cute retelling but it's dark and disturbing. Highly recommend it.

message 9: by Tyler (new)

Tyler J Gray (wickedjr89) Kayleigh {K-Books} wrote: "I'm not a horror fan but just read Alice (The Chronicles of Alice, #1) by Christina Henry I thought it was gonna be a cute retelling but it's dark and disturbing. Highly recommend it."

Oooh I have that and it's high on my tbr. It's been eyeing me for awhile now!

message 10: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Stephanie wrote: "I have been enjoying some Fear Street books this year! Another group i'm in has been reading one a month. My favorite so far being Switched.

Killer Pizza by Greg Taylor trilogy was really fun! Tob..."

Omg yay! Another Fear Street fan! :D I'm currently reading the the Fear Street Saga, I'm just about to finish The Burning (The Fear Street Saga Trilogy, #3) by R.L. Stine , and it's SO good! These 3 books are probably some of the best Fear Street books I have read! And I remember loving Bitten, though I have yet to re-read them as an adult.

And also, I need Killer Pizza in my brain asap because it sounds amazing!

message 11: by Tyler (new)

Tyler J Gray (wickedjr89) Liliana wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "I have been enjoying some Fear Street books this year! Another group i'm in has been reading one a month. My favorite so far being Switched.

Killer Pizza by Greg Taylor trilogy w..."

^_^ We're reading The Secret Bedroom for the Fear Street read in July. I read a few as a teen but mostly they are new to me. I read a lot of Goosebumps growing up. Started on the horror young lol :)

message 12: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Stephanie wrote: "Liliana wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "I have been enjoying some Fear Street books this year! Another group i'm in has been reading one a month. My favorite so far being Switched.

Killer Pizza by Greg ..."

Girl, same. Except I skipped Goosebumps altogether (though I did watch the TV show) and went straight to Fear Street! Lol. I read The Secret Bedroom back when I was in middle school, but I don't remember much about it now. Which is fine with me because, now, it's like going into these books for the first time. Lol.

message 13: by Tyler (new)

Tyler J Gray (wickedjr89) Liliana wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "Liliana wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "I have been enjoying some Fear Street books this year! Another group i'm in has been reading one a month. My favorite so far being Switched.

Kil..."

It's awesome when a re-read is like reading it for the first time. Re-reads are often like that with me anyway for the most part because I have a horrible memory. I was surprised when it had been over a decade since I had read Bitten and it all came flooding back to me as I was reading! Still liked it though though I am a sucker for vampires (pun fully intended lol).

Oooh and I've read the first 3 books in The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice and loved them, want to give them a re-read though and continue with the series, I have the 4th and 5th already...I think there's like...12 now?

message 14: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Lol. That's amazing though! Especially considering it had been so long since you last read them!

So I read both the Bitten series and Goodnight Kiss way back when, but thinking about them now I don't know which is which! It will be fun going back and re-reading them. I do remember that Bitten has twin sisters though! Lol

I have not read The Vampire Chronicles, but that is such a classic vampire series that maybe I should? Lol

message 15: by Tyler (new)

Tyler J Gray (wickedjr89) If you love vampires i'd recommend trying out The Vampire Chronicles :) I never have seen the movies...I should probably do that but I hear over and over how bad the 3rd one apparently is... :/

Sorry for getting off topic, I don't think TVC is YA lol

message 16: by heather - NightlyReading (last edited Jul 06, 2018 10:27AM) (new)

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Lili,

Did you see this: You May Now Kill the Bride (Return to Fear Street, #1) by R.L. Stine ?

It comes out on 7/24/18, I got an ARC via Edelweiss and am hoping to read it this month...*crossing my fingers because I have too many review books to read*

message 17: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

I did see that and I requested it (a long while back, too) but got declined! *cries* It's fine, I'll just buy it ;) I don't have to wait to long for it now lol

message 18: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) | 1952 comments Mod
Anyone read any good YA Horror books lately? Let me know your thoughts.