What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Looking for a book involving the suicide of a dad

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Becca (new)

Becca | 1 comments I’ve forgotten the title of a book that I can’t stop thinking about. I think the main character is a boy in high school. There’s a lot of reading the newspaper of things involving what happens in the town and the most popular story is of a roundabout which many people have driven of it when it’s been icy which as it’s of a sort of cliff they have been killed. The main characters father committed suicide on this same roundabout after telling his son/daughter to get out the car before he drives of.

This is all I can remember about this book

message 2: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amanda_redpeach) | 253 comments Becca wrote: "I’ve forgotten the title of a book that I can’t stop thinking about. I think the main character is a boy in high school. There’s a lot of reading the newspaper of things involving what happens in t..."

You will get more responses if you move this out of the solved folder into the unsolved looking for one book folder, best of luck in your search tho!

message 3: by Kris (last edited Jun 12, 2018 02:10PM) (new)

Kris | 36601 comments Mod
Becca, I moved your request to the "Unsolved" folder because you're looking for a specific book. Or did you find it?

Around what year did you read this book?

What's the genre - mystery for young adults (teens) or older adults?

What's the location - country, region?

Tips for posting a book request: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

The Reading Raccoon (readingraccoon) | 145 comments There is a scene like that in Eliza and Her Monsters
It's not involving the main character (Eliza) but of her love interest Wallace.

message 5: by Kris (new)

Here's the Google Books preview of Eliza and Her Monsters (2017) - The Reading Raccoon's suggestion - https://books.google.com/books?id=_pn...

message 6: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21139 comments Kinda a long shot, but The Last April Dancers also has a dad's suicide, a car, and a bridge.

message 7: by Kris (new)

Becca, are you still looking for this book - or did you find it?