Victoria Holt, Jean Plaidy, Philippa Carr; Eleanor Burford, Elbur Ford, Kathleen Kellow, Anne Percival, and Ellalice Tate. discussion

DOE 3: The Witch from the Sea > Chapter 4: The First Wife

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marie (new)

Marie Burton (marieburton2004) | 536 comments Mod
Potential spoilers ahead...

message 2: by MaryKate (new)

MaryKate (marykate711) | 202 comments Loving how Gothic this novel is. The description of the setting and even the characters themselves give off a ghostly vibe that I'm really loving!

message 3: by Marie (new)

The four towers of the castle would have me exploring on my second day!

I finished this chapter.

And I had previously known what was coming... The stunning revelation.., but I had forgotten all about it!

message 4: by MaryKate (new)

MaryKate (marykate711) | 202 comments I know--I can't imagine I would sit still and just wonder about the towers for awhile before exploring them. I've finished the chapter as well--I'm interested in Colum's character and how Carr chose to portray him. I think I mentioned before that I may not have necessarily liked Jake Pennlyon, but at least I believe he's sort of a good person. This Colum dude...I'm not feeling that vibe so much!

message 5: by Marie (new)

I concur! I am loving the whole Melanie's Ghost vibe .. & I am even more curious to have Fennimore come back into the picture. I wish he would've tried to chase after Linnet & explain more about Melanie & Colum.
The back of my book cover says "love .. betrayal.. murder.."
I wonder if it's all wrapped up in the Melanie plot or if there is MORE!
I'm on page 128 into the next chapter now.