Victoria Holt, Jean Plaidy, Philippa Carr; Eleanor Burford, Elbur Ford, Kathleen Kellow, Anne Percival, and Ellalice Tate. discussion

DOE 3: The Witch from the Sea > Chapter 6: The Woman from the Sea

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marie (new)

Marie Burton (marieburton2004) | 536 comments Mod
Potential spoilers ahead...

message 2: by MaryKate (new)

MaryKate (marykate711) | 202 comments I put this down last week and read on and off, sort of, since then. Still so good! What is going ON with this woman, by the way?

message 3: by Marie (new)

I am going to have to pause but yes it is still good. Have real life getting in the way & another review book I have to focus on. I hope to pick it up and start here again next week.

message 4: by MaryKate (new)

MaryKate (marykate711) | 202 comments No problem at all! Take your time. I know I am, haha. Good luck and I hope everything is okay with you!

message 5: by Marie (new)

I just finished my required reading :) so I will pick this one up again! I haven't ran away from it yet, and just wanted you to know I'll be back soon!

message 6: by MaryKate (new)

MaryKate (marykate711) | 202 comments No worries! I'll be here :)

message 7: by Marie (new)

Finished this chapter! Augh... I don't like how it leaves off..
There has to be more to Maria's story,
I'm already wishing Linnet would get a move on & stop simply drifting through life aimlessly. I imagine living back then would have bored me to pieces.

message 8: by MaryKate (new)

MaryKate (marykate711) | 202 comments That's one of the BIGGEST problems I have with Plaidy's otherwise engrossing novels--her female characters just float around. Oh, something bad happened? I'll float over to my comforting mother. Oh, something good happened? I'll float in contented happiness. Like they're in a pinball machine and take no initiative--sometimes it's super aggravating!