CPL's Book Quest: The Challenge discussion

2018 Weekly Threads > Week 24 - Best Book Dad

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (morwesong) | 55 comments Good afternoon, all! Let's just pretend that I posted this Monday like I had every intention of doing...

This coming Sunday is Father's Day. My dad will hopefully be coming into town from his cabin in the woods so I can buy him brunch and listen to him fuss about all of the normal dad things such as traffic and taxes.

As with anything else in life, there are good dads and bad dads. In so many novels, the character's personal development revolves around the lack of parental figures or poor parental figures in his or her life. While this may be the case in books and in real life for some, unfortunately, I want to take a moment to celebrate the good dads.

Who is your favorite book dad? I know I bring up Harry Potter in nearly all of my threads, but I present the Best Book Dad award to Arthur Weasley. He is hardworking, caring, inquisitive, loyal, and very brave. He would do anything for his family. He brings Harry into the Weasley family without hesitation and shows Harry the same love and kindness that he shows all of his own children. There were other father figures who were in Harry's life (such as Sirius and Lupin), but I still believe Arthur is the best book dad. Plus, who can resist his endearing, insatiable curiosity for all things Muggle?

Let's hear about your favorite book dads or book father figures!

Harry Potter Collection (Harry Potter, #1-6) by J.K. Rowling

message 2: by Traci (new)

Traci (tardis1974) I think it's hard to find anyone who comes close to being the dad that Mr. Weasley is. If I had to pick another, it'd either be Mo from Inkheart, who clearly loves and would do anything for Meggie or Father Tim from the Mitford books, who chooses to be a dad to Dooley.