Victoria Holt, Jean Plaidy, Philippa Carr; Eleanor Burford, Elbur Ford, Kathleen Kellow, Anne Percival, and Ellalice Tate. discussion

The Witch from the Sea (Daughters of England, #3)
This topic is about The Witch from the Sea
DOE 3: The Witch from the Sea > Final chapter: The Devil's Teeth

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Marie Burton (marieburton2004) | 534 comments Mod
Potential spoilers ahead...

So after so many long drawn out scenes where we want someone to DO something, it always seems like a Carr last chapter packs everything in & totally sucks us into wanting to read the next book!

..I did enjoy it though. Real life just took a lot out my psyche lately.
What happened to Maria, though? And now I want to see the next chapter.
Three books to review though. Yuck.

..I did enjoy it though. Real life just took a lot out my psyche lately.
What happened to Maria, though? And now I want to see the next chapter.
Three books to review though. Yuck.

MaryKate (marykate711) | 202 comments She totally does that--I thought the same thing! I spent so many chapters yelling (in my head) at the characters to PLEASE take some initiative...and then I flew through the last chapter. Typical Carr :). I was wondering about Maria, too--is she just going to be a lost character? Never to be seen again? I'm not sure I agree with that...

I enjoyed it too and can't wait to read the next one! We'll have to plan a readalong when we're both not busy. Just let me know when you're free! No rush.

I need to stop taking any review books - period.
I have totally cut it down in recent months but I always get sucked in by a fave author or something but then don't have enough time for everything.

I am intrigued about the next book- I will have to look it up!

MaryKate (marykate711) | 202 comments How many review books do you have waiting right now? And do you have to finish them all this month? I don't know how you do it!

I have three.. I have totally lost the writing mojo however.
Like a writers block. :(

MaryKate (marykate711) | 202 comments I can imagine! I had a terrible habit of losing interest in a novel once I had to read it (maybe not completely, but it didn't quite have that same shine as before). This wasn't very helpful during my years in school, since I was an English major! I don't know why...but there's something about knowing you have to do something that takes all the fun out of it. I think you're a stronger person than I am ;-)