Christian Book Reviews discussion

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Floyd (new)

Floyd Fleshman | 1 comments Hello all! My name is Floyd Fleshman and I am a Christian Author that is promoting my new book Help In The Time Of Need. This book is about my personal testimony and how God has performed miracles in my lifetime. If you would like to read you can purchase on kindle or paperback on Amazon. I will provide the link below. Thank you and God Bless.

https://www.amazon.com/Help-Time-Need...

message 2: by James (new)

James Owens | 2 comments Floyd wrote: "Hello all! My name is Floyd Fleshman and I am a Christian Author that is promoting my new book Help In The Time Of Need. This book is about my personal testimony and how God has performed miracles ..."

Hello Floyd,

Congratulations on your book. I will take a look at it and support a fellow WestBow Press Author. God Bless.

message 3: by James (last edited Jun 28, 2018 12:56PM) (new)

James Owens | 2 comments Hello, my name is James Owens. I am a Christian fiction Author and have released my new book TORN with WestBow Press. My story ideas come from dreams I have, which is wonderful for me lol. Here is a synopsis of the story, as well as links to where you can view and purchase my book if you find it is something that interest you. Thank you and God Bless.

Torn is the first book in the Torn Trilogy. This story is about a young man named Christopher “Chris” Smith who struggles with acceptance and faith. He feels like an outcast in his church, people make fun of the way he looks, and he doesn't have any friends. He desperately wants to fit in somewhere. At the most vulnerable time in his life, Chris is introduced to,“Luciferism.”
Over the course of the story, a chain reaction of tragedy and chaos affect people who have been a part of his life. The Pastors, staff members, and even Chris's own family have become targets by Chris’s cult members. Chris wants nothing more but to destroy the lives of anyone who claims to be a Christian, and he will do anything to achieve his goal. This story is filled with suspense, thrilling plot twists, and unforeseen events. This story will play with your mind and emotions. Torn will leave you guessing, what will happen next...

Links for Print and Ebook:

https://www.amazon.com/Torn-James-Owe...

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/torn...

https://www.christianbook.com/torn-ja...

https://www.westbowpress.com/Bookstor...

Here are a couple of reviews given by two Pastors for the book:

“Torn by James Owens is a very intriguing read that captivated my attention as I read its pages. It Reminded me of many spiritual trials in my own life. All of us face trials in our lives, it is those issues of life that formulate who we become. James leaves us guessing how faith will reformulate the lives of the characters in this story. I am anxiously waiting for the next book of his trilogy.”

Richard Motzing
Associate Pastor
The Summit Church
Indiana, PA

“I’ve had the privilege of reviewing the book Torn. The only problem I had with it was I didn’t have enough hours in one day to complete the read because I didn’t want to put it down. My desire to read Christian Fiction, for whatever reason, waned over the last fifteen-years or so. My favorite fictional novel to date has still been, This Present Darkness by Frank Peretti. In fact, I felt the familiar thrill with James Owens’s book as I did with Frank Peretti’s book.

I got to know the characters with in a short period of time and looked forward to the evolution of their pilgrim’s progress and their tests, trials, and temptations. I believe it is a renewed revelation of spiritual truth, deception, and warfare. Like many good story lines, I wish the novel was longer and I guess I just have to wait for James’s next book in the trilogy.”

Mike Modica
City Pastor & Police Chaplain
Lead Pastor
First Assembly Deland Church
Deland, FL

message 4: by Joe (new)

Joe Siccardi | 11 comments I have self-published a book, Heaven Shining Through, a fiction Christian Romance set primarily in northern New Jersey in the mid 60s. It has received some positive reviews ... but can always use more!

A synopsis of the book ...
Samantha is dreading her return home. Throughout her life, she had a rocky relationship with her mother – and now her mother is all she has left.
Through a nostalgic look back, Samantha recognizes the presence of God in an ordinary life. She learns more about herself as a wife and mother who has had her share of sorrow and blessings.
As her faith increases, she is able to see her mother through new eyes, leading to reconciliation … and is reminded of that every time she sees Heaven Shining Through.

Heaven Shining Through is available online through Xulon.com, Amazon.com and barnesandnoble.com. Signed copies are also available by contacting me by e-mail at revblt@rochester.rr.com. E-books are also available.

message 5: by Deborah (last edited Jun 28, 2018 11:25AM) (new)

Deborah McLain (deborahthayermclain) | 30 comments James wrote: "Hello, my name is James Owens. I am a Christian fiction Author and have released my new book TORN thorugh WestBow Press. My story ideas come from dreams I have, which is wonderful for me lol. Here ..."

Hello James,

We have similar stories. I just published through Westbow Press and my novel is also based on visions I received during worship or in my own quiet time with the Lord.

Rescued by Love is an allegory of Jesus and the Bride of Christ. A love story of Keela who is trapped, and King Cullen who pays the price to release her from the prison cell that she is held captive in.

After her freedom, she struggles to understand why a king would love her unconditionally. Through his encouragement, she learns that he sees her as a mighty warrior.

I would love to read 'Heaven Shining Through'. Would you like to exchange mobi files to review each others stories? Message me if you are interested.

message 6: by Joe (new)

Joe Siccardi | 11 comments Deborah wrote: "James wrote: "Hello, my name is James Owens. I am a Christian fiction Author and have released my new book TORN thorugh WestBow Press. My story ideas come from dreams I have, which is wonderful for..."

Hi Deborah. Sure, I would love to exchange file for review. Not sure how to message you here, but I do have e-mail and Messenger links.
Joe Siccardi