Play Book Tag discussion

Us Against You (Beartown, #2)
This topic is about Us Against You
Archive: Other Books > Us Against You by Fredrik Backman 3.5 stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rachel N. | 1613 comments 3.5 stars rounded up. The sequel to Beartown starts up the summer after the end of Beartown. The local hockey team is in danger of losing it's funding and the A Team is being supported by three former players from the junior team who didn't transfer to Hed hockey and one unstable new character. A crooked politician also enters the mix. The first 80 pages or so of the book is spent recapping Beartown and reintroducing the characters. This was a bit of a slog but after that the book began to pick up. I mostly enjoyed the parts focusing on Benji and Amat from the first book along with some of Benji's story line. I'm not really sure why Backman decided to make a trilogy revolving around Beartown, I thought the first book worked fine by itself and it is a better book. Backman spends a bit too much time foreshadowing events and tricking the reader into thinking something is going to happen then pulling a twist which got annoying after awhile. There were still times where I cried and where I laughed. Not Backman's best book but still a worthwhile read.

Karin | 7472 comments Rachel N. wrote: "3.5 stars rounded up. The sequel to Beartown starts up the summer after the end of Beartown. The local hockey team is in danger of losing it's funding and the A Team is being supported by three for..."

Thanks, good to know.