THE Group for Authors! discussion

General Discussion > Removing my Author Account

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jackie - Fire & Ice Book Reviews (jackiefireicebookreviews) | 3 comments Hello.

I joined the author program sometime last year.

I was wondering if it's possible to be removed as an author and get my user account back but keep my books on the site as I do plan to publish them?

Thanks for any help with this.

message 2: by Shaun (last edited Jun 13, 2018 02:18AM) (new)

Shaun (sponting) | 101 comments Hi Jackie! At your request we've removed you from the Author Program. This means that your user account has been disconnected from your author profile and you'll no longer be able to manage your content. When you log in now you should see your regular user profile.

Your author profile still exists here.

Even though we've unlinked your user and author profiles, it's important to note that we can't remove an author profile completely from the website. Goodreads is striving to be a complete database of all published authors, even if the authors aren't members of the site. Just as a library would not remove a record from its catalog, so we do not remove author profiles or books from our database.

If you'd like to reapply to the Author Program again, feel free to do so by following these instructions:

1. Sign in or create an account, and then search for your most popular book via ISBN, ASIN, or title.
2. On the book, click on your author name. Scroll to the bottom of your author profile page.
3. Click “Is this you? Let us know!” to complete and submit the application.

All the best!

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahelainereads) | 1 comments Hi, I was also wondering if I could do the same thing. I would like to completely separate my user and author accounts, as I usually work as a reviewer under a pseudonym and have been unable to do that since connecting my author account. Thanks so much!

message 4: by Shaun (new)

Shaun (sponting) | 101 comments Sarah wrote: "Hi, I was also wondering if I could do the same thing. I would like to completely separate my user and author accounts, as I usually work as a reviewer under a pseudonym and have been unable to do ..."

Hi Sarah, at your request we have removed you from the Author Program. Please see my previous message 2 for other information.

Happy reviewing!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I would like to delete my goodreads account altogether. If i delete my profile, will my author page remain or will it be deleted as well?

message 6: by Shaun (new)

Shaun (sponting) | 101 comments Deleting a user profile that was once linked to an author profile won't delete that author profile.

It's important to note that we can't remove an author profile completely from the website. Goodreads is striving to be a complete database of all published authors, even if the authors aren't members of the site. Just as a library would not remove a record from its catalog, so we do not remove author profiles or books from our database.

message 7: by Bailey (new)

Bailey Lamar | 2 comments Is anyone able to please remove my author profile from my personal goodreads account? I understand the author profile will still be there - I just don't want it attached to my reviews goodreads any longer : )

message 8: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Garber | 2 comments Hello, can anyone please help me to remove my author profile from my personal account? I would much appreciate it. Thank you!

message 9: by Faith (new)

Faith Jessica wrote: "Hello, can anyone please help me to remove my author profile from my personal account? I would much appreciate it. Thank you!"

No one in this group can help you. Contact Goodreads Support.

https://www.goodreads.com/about/conta...

message 10: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Garber | 2 comments Faith wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Hello, can anyone please help me to remove my author profile from my personal account? I would much appreciate it. Thank you!"

No one in this group can help you. Contact Goodreads..."

Thanks for the answer. Although someone just above in this chain appears to be from support and disconnected someone else's author account. Worth a shot!

message 11: by Faith (new)

Faith Jessica wrote: "Faith wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Hello, can anyone please help me to remove my author profile from my personal account? I would much appreciate it. Thank you!"

No one in this group can help you. Con..."

Goodreads staff have not been members of this Group since last April. They do not monitor the Group. This entire discussion folder should have been archived so that no new comments could be posted. You need to contact Support.

message 12: by lethe (new)

lethe Jessica wrote: "Thanks for the answer. Although someone just above in this chain appears to be from support and disconnected someone else's author account. Worth a shot!"

A thread was posted recently to clarify, but since its title is only the group's name, nobody will think to look at the contents: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 13: by شيماء (new)

شيماء (shaimaaes) | 1 comments Hi everyone,

I hope you are doing well in these difficult times. I am trying to remove my author profile and go back to a normal profile as well. However, I am unable to do so. I have contacted gr support with no luck. Is there anyway to do this, can someone please help me?

Thank you so much.

message 14: by lethe (new)

lethe شيماء wrote: "Hi everyone,

I hope you are doing well in these difficult times. I am trying to remove my author profile and go back to a normal profile as well. However, I am unable to do so. I have contacted gr..."

No sorry, only staff can do that. But it looks like Goodreads have been hiring more staff to get rid of the backlog in answering emails. Maybe, if your request was a while ago, try contacting them again?

https://www.goodreads.com/about/conta...

message 15: by K.M. (new)

K.M. (kaymrob2) | 1 comments I need to disconnect/unlink my author and personal good reads account. For some reason I thought that I'd be able to toggle between the accounts as I write under a pen name for anonymity. I did NOT expect for my pen name with my personal account picture to used. Any clue how to do this? I'm hoping it's not too tedious.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 137 comments You will need help from staff.

message 17: by vv_books (new)

vv_books Hello, I'd like to please separate my user and author account, if it's possible. Thank you so much

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 137 comments You will need to contact staff. This is no longer an "official" group.