What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Marine Biologists

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by sammi_reads (new)

sammi_reads (samtheseahippie) | 18 comments Hi! I'm looking for fiction books, novels, centering around a marine biology teacher, or a marine animal trainer, scientist- something within that field.

** Not looking for sci-fi, biographies or nonfiction.**

message 2: by SamSpayedPI (last edited Jun 12, 2018 11:28AM) (new)

SamSpayedPI | 2192 comments Jaws
Skinny Dip
The Arm of the Starfish (I'm not sure if this is science fiction, though. It doesn't appear to be from the book description, but my experiecnce with the author suggests it will be).
Song Of The Ocean
The Sea Urchins (this was shelved under marine biology on WorldCat, but that may be a mistake. The discription doesn't sound like there is a marine biologist in it).
The Sea Monkey Tombs (again, may be SF based on author)

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 37427 comments Mod
Samantha, are you looking for romance, thriller or mystery novels?

Here's one list - Call Of The Ocean-Hero Or Heroines Divers, Oceanographers, Salvage and More

message 5: by sammi_reads (new)

sammi_reads (samtheseahippie) | 18 comments Thank-you! I was looking for a bit of anything non-fiction and non sci-fi, so any suggestions are great. I've read too much sci-fi and nonfiction and have a ton of that waiting g on my shelves already so was looking for a change of pace. However I still love things with a plot centered around the ocean or marine life or with it as a prominent background. I read most anything.

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1529 comments Watch Me Disappear has a character who studies seahorses.

message 7: by Kimberlyn (new)

Kimberlyn (abookmazedhead) | 35 comments It's a kids book, but Born among the dolphins by Patrick Lagrou is largely centered around the ocean and some ocean life. It has been some time since I read it, but I think the father of the main character is also a marine biologist.

message 8: by Kaion (new)

Kaion (kaionvin) | 388 comments Not a book, but I remembered this film you might like: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4944658/

message 9: by Sydney (new)

Sydney | 26 comments The Arm of the Starfish by Madeleine L’Engle (though it is a kids/YA book)