Christian Readers discussion

Fully Human: The Story of a Man Called Yeshua
This topic is about Fully Human
Promote Your Book > Jesus went to India?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Douglas (new)

Douglas Thompson | 4 comments Two books started me on my own journey to write this novel.
One of them is entitled Jesus for the Non-Religious by John Shelby Spong, former Episcopal Bishop of Newark. In his book, he strips away all the mythology of Jesus written in the four gospels and ends up describing a very human, very Jewish, and very great and powerful spiritual leader.
The second book is entitled The Unknown Life of Jesus Christ by
Nicolas Notovitch. This is alleged to be a true account by Nicolas
Notovitch of his travels in Ladakh, where he was shown an ancient
Buddhist manuscript detailing the travels throughout India of a famous
saint from the west whom they called Issa. It accounts for the years
between twelve and thirty that are missing from the biblical accounts of
Jesus.
As a yoga teacher and lover of Eastern philosophy, I decided to
spin these two books into a story, along with some of my own ideas. I
imagined a child prodigy who was as comfortable with Brahmanism
and Buddhism as he was with his own Jewish religion.
Two Catholic nuns have read my book and enjoyed it. They are buying two more copies for two more of their Sisters.
I would very much like to get some reviews outside of my yoga students. So I am offering the Kindle version of this book for $0.99. I would love for you to download it and leave a review on Amazon.

message 2: by Craig (new)

Craig Dressler (craigdressler) | 42 comments It sounds like New Age to me and very far from Christianity. Having been to India three times it is something I know about not just surmise. It is too bad you didn't write a novel about the Apostle Thomas and how he actually did bring Christianity to India. That would have been a great addition to a Christian group like this.

message 3: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle No Christianity here. Best not to trust most Nuns either.

Trust the Bible: God's Bestseller.

message 4: by Douglas (new)

Douglas Thompson | 4 comments Craig, Rod, sorry you both feel this way. I too have been to India to celebrate a spiritual festival that only comes around every 144 years: The Maha Kumba Mela in 2001. I would just say to you that I would never say anything critical about the Bible, unless I had first read it. And outright, without knowing them, not trusting most Nuns--people that have devoted their entire life to Jesus Christ--somehow does not sound like a Christian attitude.

As to a novel about the Apostle Thomas, that sounds like an interesting idea. Thanks so much for the suggestion.

message 5: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle It's not about how we feel. But about the factual truth of Christianity and Jesus Christ as shown throughout scripture.

Many nuns are more infatuated with superstition, Mary, the Saints, the Pope, and catholic tradition. Jesus comes a distant last in their priorities. And then they often get him confused.

message 6: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle John Shelby Spong is no friend to Christianity or the Bible. Indeed, he spends his life stripping it away to meet his own desires and lack of understanding. It's sad that you would even begin to trust him. His Jesus isn't worth worshipping or even bothering with.

Did Jesus go to India? If he did - it would be to get them to stop using their children as temple sex toys. There's little for him to use there. But that is an amusing myth. You should research it more, there's basically nothing to support it. (That era had endless wandering false prophets and fake messiahs. It's no surprise they found one)

Jesus is our King, lamb, savior, lion, High Priest, friend, and very God. Anything less is Hell worthy--- as he himself said in the Gospel accounts.