Polls for Our Souls discussion

I Need Recommendations > NEWer Releases everyone should buy/read

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

RyanneAndHerBooks | 64 comments I've been wanting to buy a new book and I need some suggestions. Preferably new releases (2016-2018ish) because there are so many coming out and that already came out that I can't decide. If you have any suggestions, please help! This can help a ton of people looking for new release suggestions :)
I read a lot of YA but I'm open to anything since I also read NA and A. I've been meaning to try out MG.

message 2: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (artemisstarlite) | 20 comments The Girl From Everywhere is AMAZING (I think a 2016 release?), and Roar by Cora Carmack is phenomenal (2018 release)

message 3: by Cendaquenta (new)

Cendaquenta Well... what kind of genre?

For MG, I'd recommend trying out Brian Selznick (genres: low-fantasy, historical, contemporary) and Frances Hardinge (fantasy, historical).

océane (desbouquinsdanslamain) (thetitlesane) | 1 comments things a bright girl can do by sally nicholls (came out last year)

Frank-Intergalactic Bookdragon (intergalacticbookdragon) The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1) by Holly Black very good fantasy book with two more in the series on the way
Blood and Sand by C.V. Wyk quite possibly the most underrated release of this year, also it's a genderbent Spartacus retelling
Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia Geekerella by Ashley Poston if you want contemporary i recommend these
Warcross (Warcross, #1) by Marie Lu if you're in the mood for some good sci-fi or love Marie Lu
The Epic Crush of Genie Lo (The Epic Crush of Genie Lo #1) by F.C. Yee very unique and funny book that uses Chinese mythology and subverts a lot of cliches

RyanneAndHerBooks | 64 comments I adored Eliza and Her Monsters ❤

Blood and Sand sounds so good. I' going to keep my eye on that one.

I've heard SO MUCH about The Cruel Prince but for some reason I'm skeptical...

I've been meaning to read The Girl from Everywhere also. Someone was telling me how much they loved it but I never picked it up. Maybe I need yo revisit some old interests too.

message 7: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 12, 2018 09:46AM) (new)

message 8: by Melliott (new)

Melliott (goodreadscommelliott) | 448 comments I'm a big fantasy fan, so...

I loved Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor, and can't wait for the sequel (later this year).

Also really liked Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom, by Leigh Bardugo.

For realistic adult fiction, I'm currently reading and enjoying Eleanor Oliphant is Fine (hint--she's not).

And I enjoyed The Distance from Me to You, by Marina Gessner (post-high school break to walk the entire Appalachian Trail--part adventure book, part romance).

message 9: by Rahma (new)

Rahma Saber (mercyatbest) The magnus chase and the gods of asgard by Rick Riordan is definitely a must!

message 10: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Peppercorn  (kiwicanread) | 62 comments I would say probably Children of Blood and Bone.

RyanneAndHerBooks | 64 comments Children of Blood and Bone is a definite for me. That and The Belles. I can't decide on Before She Ignites though... I've heard mixed things.

message 12: by Ninosy (new)

Ninosy  (Wonder Woman) (ninosy__abd) This savage song duology are awesome

⭐Anny⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) | 640 comments Strange the Dreamer (published 2017), the sequel comes out this year.

message 14: by Amanda (new)