Looking for good books/ Shows/ movies discussion

MOVIES > Hereditary (Spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Ford | 14 comments I just saw this on Sunday and...was left confused and a bit disappointed but I find myself thinking about the movie a lot and wanting to discuss with others. Has anyone else seen this? Thoughts?

message 2: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 60 comments Yep, very disappointed too. I must admit I was very, very tired that evening, so I fell asleep at one point. Nonetheless, I think that is saying something. For me maybe the problem was that there was so many posts about it, how it was going to be the scariest movie of the year, with people even leaving the cinema because they couldn't stand the tension. Got my expectations too high I think.

message 3: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Ford | 14 comments I think the ending is to blame. I mean there are certainly scenes I will never forget like Charlie's death, the disturbing episode the brother had in class, even Annie's death in the attic. I mean Toni Colette is one hell of an actress. I felt everything she was emoting but I think the ending just killed the whole buildup of suspense and horror, at least for me. Despite that, I want to see it again, now knowing where it ends to see if that knowledge going in makes it better or not.

message 4: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 60 comments Yes, there are a couple of scenes that were good but not enough of them to call it the scariest movie. Also some of them were in the trailer so I was desensitized.
And yes I agree, the ending was very disappointing and an anti-climax.
Want to rewatch it too, when I’m not so tired.

message 5: by Heather (new)

Heather W | 7 comments Saw this the other Saturday (S.O. is the horror fan), but if I am honest I found it a bit of a disappointment. There were bits that freaked me out, then there were bits that grossed me out which I can't stand in films. The scenes that are there to shock really take away from a plot for me. I prefer films that hold me by plot rather than relying on shock to try and keep me interested.

That being said, considering this is Milly Shapiro's (Charlie) first film I thought she did an amazing job. Toni Colette is also a fav of mine so her performance was as amazing as I thought she would be.

However, there were a few bits which where downright funny....attic doors spring to mind.

In terms of the plot, I have to agree it too me a heck of a long time after I left the cinema to work out what was going on, and I think I have an idea but the fact that it wasn't clear is also annoying.

message 6: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Ford | 14 comments Heather wrote: "Saw this the other Saturday (S.O. is the horror fan), but if I am honest I found it a bit of a disappointment. There were bits that freaked me out, then there were bits that grossed me out which I ..."

I completely get it. I wish I was one of those people who liked open ended stories with little or no explanation that leaves me to interpret for myself but if I'm totally honest, I'm not. Just tell me what the hell you are trying to convey or say lol.