What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Officer off Limits (Line of Duty, #3)
This topic is about Officer off Limits
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Contemporary romance, young woman gets a call from the hospital where her estranged father is being treated after a health scare, there she meets her father's right-hand man, they fall for each other. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Spoony (last edited Jun 12, 2018 08:50AM) (new)

Spoony | 2 comments Contemporary romance, published about 5-7 years ago.
The author is a woman, mostly writes contemporary books.
It was an e-book in english.
The story takes place in the US, I think maybe DC or Chicago but I'm not sure. Bottom line it takes place in a big town. Modern days.

A young woman receives a call from the hospital where her father is being treated after a health scare, something like a minor heart attack. She decides to visit her father and help him recover. At the hospital she meets her father's right-hand man and others employees (the father runs some kind of security agency or maybe it's a bodyguard thing, I can't remember exactly). Sparks fly between mister right-hand (who is an alpha male btw) and the heroine and their relationship develops throughout the book. So basically the book follows that love story and the father/daughter reconnection.

SPOILER!!

More details: the h's parents divorced/separated when she was very young, the first few years her father was very present in her life but he missed a few visits and after missing her birthday because of his job (at the time he worked in the military or for a gouvernemental agency like CIA, FBI...) he decided that his daughter was better off without him in her life because he hated to get her hopes up only to disappoint her. So he distance himself from the h but supports her financially (college education).

When the h talks about her childhood she mentions sitting at the window for days (after that birthday Ithink) waiting for her father to come pick her up.
The h's mother is still alive and is a constant moral support to her daughter troughtout the book.
The h might have been in some kind of danger at some point because of her father and boyfriend's work but I'm not sure, it could be in an another book.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and help me!

message 3: by Spoony (new)

Spoony | 2 comments Juels wrote: "Officer off Limits by Tessa Bailey?"

Yes! That's it! Thank you so much!!

message 4: by Juels (new)

Juels | 2563 comments You're welcome.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Officer off Limits (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Tessa Bailey (other topics)